We just bought a new house!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An t-iasg

Aquarium Advice Addict
My husband and I just bought our first new house! We live in a condo now and we're so excited to have a nice house (and more space!) The yard is fairly flat, .6 acre, which is really good for new construction around here (north Pittsburgh suburbs - by the way, Pittsburgh and the metro area is the Most Liveable City according to Places Rated Almanac...again!)

The yard is not established (just some grass) but that's perfect - I am really looking forward to planting it the way I want it. Today at work, my husband called and said they were giving away little tree seedlings for free and did I want some. I said no, we don't even have a survey yet, and besides, it's not like a tank - you can't re-arrange a tree after you plant it!

Here's a picture!

Attachments

• our_new_house_260.jpg
    our_new_house_260.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 632
Looks sweet :D Love the huge windows and rolling front lawn.

Marconis said:
Congrats on the home. :). You should devote the whole second floor to tanks.

How about the whole house? :lol: Oh, I suppose my husband is going to be pesky and demand that we have a bedroom! :lol:

Thanks, everyone! I am so excited. I am sad in a way to leave the condo and neighborhood I've loved for 17 years. We moved here in 1990, right after we got married! The new house is in the same suburb as we are now, about 10 minutes away from our condo, so we'll still be going to the same stores and such. That 10 minute drive will feel like an eternity when it's time to move 4 tanks!

Beautiful house! I'd seal the whole thing up with silicone and just fill it with water - upstairs, FW; downstairs, SW; filtration in the garage. :wink:

An t-iasg said:
:lol: Oh, I suppose my husband is going to be pesky and demand that we have a bedroom! :lol:

Aaaahh, tell him to buy a tent! :lol:

QTOFFER, what a wonderful idea! Why didn't I think of it myself? Instead of pricing hardwood flooring, we'll just figure out the cost of several gallons of silicone! And a nice new tent to go along with the new house! :lol: :wink:

Congrats on your new home, you'll love the privacy your going to have.
Has your husband read this thread! Soon we'll be picking out a nice tent for him!
Good luck moving your tanks, can't wait for pics once you get set up. :)

Yes, I showed the thread to him - he thought it is funny too! He said he wants a tent with a skylight! :)

Our moving date is still not firm at the moment. We will own both house and condo for a few months 8O. I will have to search for those "moving a tank" threads!

An t-iasg said:
How about the whole house? :lol: Oh, I suppose my husband is going to be pesky and demand that we have a bedroom! :lol:

Construct a wooden pedestel bed and make the base fish tanks! The vibrations from the filter and the noise of water flowing will lull you to sleep! No need for excess furniture IMO, :lol:

Zagz said:
Construct a wooden pedestel bed and make the base fish tanks! The vibrations from the filter and the noise of water flowing will lull you to sleep!

That would be the best kind of waterbed! :)

Back
Top Bottom