what animals do you have besides fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jetajockey said:
Besides the myriad of fish tanks, we have
-a small turtle (not sure what kind)
-dauchshund dog named pee pup (she rolls over and pees a little anytime someone pets her)
-lab/border collie mix named skippyjon jones
-white cat named marshmallow
-calico cat named weenie
This is marsh and ween

pee pup

skippyjon having an epic time at petsmart

125 stocked with catfish

and more recently (still working on names)
-ringneck dove
-quaker parrot pair
-2 sun conures
-1 jendaya conure

Some of their pics are on this thread http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/new-pets-171359.html

Get the dogs eye checked out! That disease is called cherry eye, I believe and it's still not too late to save your dogs eye!

eco23 said:
Ryan! Geez man, haha! You should charge admission and open a petting zoo. It'd be great for class field trips, kids birthday parties, etc...lol.

Other than the fish, we've got 2 Miniature Pinschers...Tiger and Lily. Oh, and I feed the squirrels in the yard peanuts...so they're kinda like outside pets. They come running when they hear the door. The dogs are not a big fan of them.

Brown puppy looks pissed hahah

We've got two cats: a black one named Sam, and a grey one named Felicia.
A mixed little dog named "cha-cha" (he belongs to my grandmother).
And my pride and joy over any fish tank I have ever owned: an eight year old golden retriever named Zazu. He is the one in my profile and the one looking out the window

My friends dog has cherry eye and the vet said they can do a simple surgery to fix it but it returns a lot of times. It's chronic in some breeds and is sometimes better treated as a maintenance thing. By that I mean always keeping it clean and moist. But I would try the procedure first and if it returns don't do it again just continue to keep it clean.

On my dog it got really bad and in some cases may have to have the eye removed :(. Good thing you got it checked out though.

Ya, my grandmothers old dog had that and needed to get the eye removed. Very sad, but you get used to it. He use to bump into things alot, obviously

The lady that we got her from said that the vet recommended to leave it alone as long as it doesn't get worse, that the surgery would likely render her blind in that eye. We'll get it checked out again when we take her for a checkup soon.

I do horseback riding (can't afford my own horse though) and have 2 rescues dogs.
Lilly the shar pei/ boxer mix and Calvin the 120lb Rottweiler/coonhound LOL
BTW Lilly had cherry eye on both eyes and had surgery done. She is looking great now (but was also perfect before ;) )

Attachments

• image-481991485.jpg
    image-481991485.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 77
Well of course I have my fish and I also have my puppy I raised from birth "meeko". I raised him from the minute he was born. He is a pit/boxer mix of some sort

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111003_173508.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111003_173508.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 64
jwh0818 said:
Well of course I have my fish and I also have my puppy I raised from birth "meeko". I raised him from the minute he was born. He is a pit/boxer mix of some sort

I have a pitboxer too but he looks the opposite more boxer with the pit face

Our newest additions that came this morning. They are about 24 hours old now.

Attachments

• image-2952831660.jpg
    image-2952831660.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3979202646.jpg
    image-3979202646.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 64
  • image-3790015070.jpg
    image-3790015070.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image-4282675979.jpg
    image-4282675979.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 69
Maya said:
Our newest additions that came this morning. They are about 24 hours old now.

Awwwwe, I love chickens! Can't wait to have my own little farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom