What brand of filter do you use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AquaClear hands down. I use polyfiber from Joann's Fabrics, got a big bag for a couple bucks, been using the same bag for over a year. A LOT cheaper than the replacement cartridges.

AquaClear? MMMM. Has anyone used them on a large tank?? My Emporers make a lot of surface current which is killing my CO2. I have a 60 gallon tank, would 2 of the biggest AQ's be too much?? I think they are the AQ500's?? With SA Cichlids I need GOOD filtration, but want to slow the current down a little. The AQ filters are CHEAP, so I am willing to give them a shot, but my AQ20 on my little hex tank is fussy and clogs up fast. Are the big ones more durable?

I try to stick with Marineland if its within my budget. If I were to go for a canister, I'd probably go for a fluval or a rena (maybe a marineland H.O.T.)

Cascade for canister and definitely AquaClear for a hob. I've used 6 or 7 different types of hobs and the AC has won hands down in my book.

Yeah AquaClears for HOBs all the way. I htink the quality and price are the best for all HOBs out there and they also allow some customization on how you want it set up.

Canisters I like my Fluval

And its been a while since ive used a sponge so I can't really chime in on that

tetra right now, fluval 305 sooner then later.

ive always used marineland canisters before.

Eheim Pro II 2026.

Have looked at the FX5, and it is a whole lot cheaper, I am partial to Eheim.

AquaClear? MMMM. Has anyone used them on a large tank?? My Emporers make a lot of surface current which is killing my CO2. I have a 60 gallon tank, would 2 of the biggest AQ's be too much?? I think they are the AQ500's?? With SA Cichlids I need GOOD filtration, but want to slow the current down a little. The AQ filters are CHEAP, so I am willing to give them a shot, but my AQ20 on my little hex tank is fussy and clogs up fast. Are the big ones more durable?

I have owned AQ500s, they are no different. They clog eventually. Don't get me wrong, they are extremely effective, I would be hesitant putting 2 on a large tank. I had one on my old 66g and I remember coming home to find the water level rising slowly. I was like....errrr....time for a cannister. Went to a H.O.T. Magnum. Great filter, too many issues.
In my opinion, 2 AQ500 would not cause too much water agitation as long as the water level in your tank is kept up, they are very smooth running and don't really cause too huge of a ripple effect on the water.

I have an AquaClear150(30) It filters aquariums 20-30 gallons and filters at 150 gph. We've had this filter from a few years back and it still works really good. (I've now decided to set up the 20 gallon that has been sitting in our basement for 6 years) Will my filter be strong enough for 1 fantail goldfish?

On our 40 we have a fluval 305. In our 20L, 29, 55 and 14hex tanks we have Aqua Tech power filters and under gravel filters, all but the 20L have power head (s). In our 10 we have an Aqua Tech power filter and 1 Penn Plax Small World filter. In our 5.5 we have 2 Penn Plax Small World filters.

(Eventually on the 55 I'm getting a Fluval 405)

i don't have any huge sized tanks or anything just a couple 55 gallon but i like to use the aqua-tec filters.

I use a TopFin 60. Its nothing special, but sure as the sun rises.. it gets the job done.

8 gallon: JBJ nano 180 built in filtration
20 gallon QT: Aquaclear 30
75 gallon: Aquaclear 110 and Rena XP2
120 gallon: 2 Rena XP3's
50 reef: 20L sump

Back
Top Bottom