What did you do for Thanksgiving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek015

Aquarium Advice Activist
For Thanksgiving I went to my Aunts house with my family. Most everyone was there. We had a huge turkey, beans, potatoes, ect.

I had a great thanksgiving for the past 3 years i had thanksgiving with just my family and it was great catching up with everyone.

Well, what did you guys do for Thanksgiving? :wink:

Went to my mother-in-law's house, Deep Fried a 14lb. Turkey, WATCHED MY BRONCOS BEAT DALLAS WooT WooT!!! Ate like a cow, drank like a fish, and then slept all day friday!!! All around we had a good Thanksgiving I must say!

I'm glad to hear others had a good holiday. I think this was my worst Thanksgiving ever, my hubby was a grump, and I had to work. I wouldn't have minded working, if it didn't involve so much driving. Upstate NY was pummeled by snow Thursday night, I was riving through "Star Wars" type snow. A drive that normally takes me 20 min, took me about an hour.
On a happy note the food was good. I made a from scratch, fresh pumpkin cheesecake, it turned out pretty good. I'm still debating if baking and boiling down a pumpkin was better than opening up a can of pumpkin. It is definately satisfing though, know that I did all this work, and it turned out well.

Flutterby21782 said:
I'm still debating if baking and boiling down a pumpkin was better than opening up a can of pumpkin. It is definately satisfing though, know that I did all this work, and it turned out well.
I keep thinking I should try that. Someone always talks me out of it before I buy the pumpkin.

I worked in the am and went home to deep fry the turkey and went back out to work after eating too much. It was nice having to work..
That ment I did not have to spend all day with the In-Laws 8O

dskidmore said:
I keep thinking I should try that. Someone always talks me out of it before I buy the pumpkin.
If you have a food processor go for it. I don't have one, there were some small chunks of pumpkin in my cheesecake. It just wasn't as silky smooth as I imagine it should be. I'm a stickler for doing as much by scratch as I can. For dinner I had homemade chicken fingers, a bit more time consuming then buying them from a store, but better tasting.

Flutterby21782 said:
dskidmore said:
If you have a food processor go for it. I don't have one, there were some small chunks of pumpkin in my cheesecake.
There's a challenge! My potatos and butternut squash are hand mashed every year, and I insist on silky smooth.

dskidmore said:
There's a challenge! My potatos and butternut squash are hand mashed every year, and I insist on silky smooth.

I can get my potatoes silky smooth, I couldn't for the life of me get the pumpkin silky smooth. I think it's cause pumpkin is stringy, there is a pumpkin called a sweet pumpkin, or a honey pumpkin, that I guess is suppossed to work awesome for pies, I'm gonna try it around Christmas time. I'm gonna hope I have better luck. Dont' get me wrong though the pumpkin cheesecake was awesome, I was proud at the end. I guess I'm glad i did it with a fresh pumpkin. Granted now there is nothing left of my hard work, hehehehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom