What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scooped floating plants out of my planted tank. I think it takes less than a week for these plants to go from about 20% to ~90% surface coverage.

Spent time as usual perusing this forum filled with, as my wife refers to, my imaginary friends.

My husband prefers the term "Fish People." :D

For various and sundry reasons my plan to start hardscaping was derailed, but it is absolutely happening today. And good news - my driftwood sinks!

My husband prefers the term "Fish People." :D

For various and sundry reasons my plan to start hardscaping was derailed, but it is absolutely happening today. And good news - my driftwood sinks!

I heard "Fish Nerds" as well. That's okay, she doesn't understand...it's a fish thing.

Congrats! What kind of DW did you get? I don't mind moving rocks and DW around, but I hate when I put plants in certain location and two days later resist the urge to move them else where.

I heard "Fish Nerds" as well. That's okay, she doesn't understand...it's a fish thing.

Congrats! What kind of DW did you get? I don't mind moving rocks and DW around, but I hate when I put plants in certain location and two days later resist the urge to move them else where.

I have three gorgeous pieces of manzanita. I'm really quite surprised they sank so quickly. The first two days they were in the tub and I changed the water with hot every few hours. After that though, it was only three or four days. I had it in a large sterilite tub - I put some stuff on it to keep it submerged and then put the lid on and ignored it. One piece only half sinks, but it's good enough, lol.

I always rearrange stuff. That's the reason I'm going to wait a while to add fish; I figure moving stuff around will be easier if I can drain half the tank and don't have to worry about disturbing anyone. Except my husband. ;)

I'm planning cleaning my six gallon and doing a water change in my 20 gallon

Decided to move my new betta into the little 3 gallon column tank and put my bigger betta back in to his 5 gallon. I think they're both happy with the switch, the new guy is zipping around the column and having a good old time. And Sid is lounging in his plants like he does every day at this time. I feel bad I took his house to hide the plastic thing in the middle of the 3 gallon tank, so I'll probably be getting him a new one soon. Haha

Attachments

• image-2793844467.jpg
    image-2793844467.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 84
I like the sand color combo as well.

Perhaps you could get several branches of manzanita DW to fill the vertical spaces of you tank.

Is there a certain website to find manzanita dw? Because that's what I'm looking for, a piece to fill the vertical spaces. And thanks!

50 % clean on my bettas tank and finished off the live brine shrimp. Here's some pictures of him taken by my hubby :)

ForumRunner_20130519_192951.jpg

ForumRunner_20130519_193257.jpg

ForumRunner_20130519_193614.jpg

Did a 50%water change on my 35g live bearer tank and moved some plants around!
Looking forward to my new plants coming in the mail, hopefully my ecosystem will mature and the nitrates will naturally go down with my new plants.....

Yesterday I switched from gravel to sand. Happy to finally make the switch it was long overdue, best thing was I got the sand for free.

Today I did a water change now that most of the sand has settled, also I took my filter and cleaned the inside of it.

I know the Spongebob theme is not normal for a cichlid tank. Started out as a community tank... I plan on getting some more hiding spots for them.

Attachments

• 2013-05-19 10.53.02.jpg
    2013-05-19 10.53.02.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 78
Did pwc on betta tank and crawfish tank... went to (insert big chain store) looking for a 3g - 10g tank for my betta since the divided tank isnt quite working.. of course the 2g rectangular tank i wanted was sold out and only available in store.. .. gonna keep looking found a 5g at walmart for $26 comes with everything ill prolly get it .. then need some lights for the 10g still might just add leds

My crawfish are gettin really blue ;)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130519_161735.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130519_161735.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 66
Did PWCs on my 20 and 55 gallon and rescaped both of them! My fish seem happy with their 'new' home!

Is there a certain website to find manzanita dw? Because that's what I'm looking for, a piece to fill the vertical spaces. And thanks!

Fresh2o was right - that's where I got mine.

A word of warning - don't fall in love with anything until you find out if it's been sold or not. That's experience talking. That said, the pieces I ended up with are really quite lovely. One of them doesn't work in my 55 so I'm already trying to figure out how to re-scape my 15 to make it fit. They're that nice. :)

Added liquid ferts. Went to one of the rental apartments to fix a sink and seen they had a betta in a 1.5 container! No filtration or anything. I kept my mouth shut, for now...

Added liquid ferts. Went to one of the rental apartments to fix a sink and seen they had a betta in a 1.5 container! No filtration or anything. I kept my mouth shut, for now...

Eek. No heater either? Poor guy.

It is hard to keep your mouth shut when you see a fish being mistreated like that

Yea especially when big chain stores tell customers thats what bettas prefer or sure you can have 3 gold fish in that goldfish bowl ... i hate hate hate when that happens i just wanna go shake the crap outta the workers and tell them to research the animals they are housing

I hate to see that... when they have them in those little plstic bowls with lids.. makes me sd for all of them and they look so miserable. :( the pwople at walmart had no idea how to tell tge differnce between male and female i had to explain to them that they only had males and the dumb chick i was talking to was like " oh i never knew the differwnce i guess you learn sonething New everyday" i was thinkin.. you work in this department.. and you dont know what youre talking about? Sounds like she needs to learn quite a few new things.

She also had no idea that having a deas fish in the tank is harmful to the other fish.. i was told they scoop them out in the morning and at night...

Back
Top Bottom