What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven't been on AA in so long...:$

Well, now my 23 gallon has two DGs, a molly and juvenile angelfish(will be rehomed when older:)).
I've been feeding them Omega One micro pellets for quite a while now but as the new year approaches, I decided to try something new^^
I went out to my LPS and looked for pellets (I don't really like flakes) but I only found TetraColor Tropical Crisps.
Someone recommended skipping two feedings and then introducing a new food so that they are obliged to try. I did this and fed them the crisps a couple hours ago but I guess they were kind of large bc no one seemed to be able to swallow them. I crushed the crisps up a little and then fed them and they seemed to enjoy it, especially the angel. Any other recommendations for food? Supplements or staple:)
My new year resolution isn't really a resolution but I am planning to redo the aquarium with my bd money and add live plants, some other livebearers and a pair of Bolivian Rams.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)
Namirah

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Just a 'tiny' every day wc

1zetqe.jpg

Added a java fern to the RCS tank and did a water change.

<possibly ordered more pygmy cories for the big tank :whistle: >

Fed all the fishies in my 3 tanks and contemplated how I will rearrange the rocks in my 55 gal Mbuna tank so they don't shift due to the little dudes rearranging the sand. They are such busy little guys. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Put in frozen water bottles it's hot today 42 degrees Celsius

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's 107 f

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow, yes that is very hot. I can understand why you might need those.

Been preoccupied with very sick mom, hardly been home. Had just picked up Prime tonight and added water to all the tanks. Added some minerals to the tanks both SW and FW, night before last.

Need to get SW and RO/DI water maybe tomorrow. I am over my head right now with needing to get done the maintenance. Figure just take it one tank at a time... so at least they CAN get done. If I try to do a big day it just won't happen.

Our weather has been bad the last couple weeks too. I dislike water changes when it is zero degrees outside (can't put the water outside because it will make an ice skating rink, hate wasting it down the drain and I don't have that many house plants).

I fed my fish frozen baby Brine Shrimp. Avidly watched the new Corydoras and CPDs. Saw what might be some mating behavior with the C pygmaeus ? Hoping.

Trying to work up the energy to rescape my main tank and restart and scape my Rimless 10g.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Admired my tanks for the first hour home from school, thought about how I'm going to scape my 16, thought about how I'm going to convince my mom to let me get a Bolivian Ram for my 16, added tons of pond, bladder and ramshorn snails to my tank for my puffer, had a staring contest with one of my Cories, got new buckets for more water changes, and finally, last but not least, attempted to scrub algae off the 2.5 with the only success getting tons of duckweed stuck to the sponge (sigh, not again)

Nils

Contemplated adding new stock to the 55 African tank...not really sure where to go.

I got orders of plants from three different sources so I spent a big bunch of time getting rid of snails. Did a bit of planting and planning...

Now doing some research on a new bulb for the 16g.

Woohoo i might finally get some foreground plants to thrive :dance: If you don't enjoy reading about plants you should maybe skip this post. Not a fish will be mentioned.

For a while now i have struggled to make foreground plants do any more than die off slowly in my tanks. Narrow leaf chain sword (NLCS) is the only foreground plant that has ever done anything, but it was not growing like a foreground plant should more like a tall midground plant under T8 lights. My latest tank is giving me positive signs though. I have a normal output T5 over a 14' tall tank and it's showing signs that it will grow me a nice foreground. The NLCS i put into the tank has so far stayed about 5cm tall and the runners are growing new plantlets about 2cm from the mother plants (as opposed to 12cm between runner and mother under T8's). I tore the remnants of my Pygmy chain sword out of the 20g where it has gradually died off to see what it does under this lighting. No runners yet but the two plantlets i had left have become fairly bushy in a week and i am confident it will give me some runners after 9 months of gradually dieing in my tanks.

I also have some dwarf hair grass in a Betta tank that is filling in since i upgraded the light bulb last month (from 12w to 20w CFL). Maybe i can start transferring some elsewhere soon. It's possibly a little bright for the 5g tank though since i'm getting a lot of green hair algae too. I will start dosing fertilizer in this tank soon.

I am in the process of acquiring soluble dry ferts i can mix to add to my tanks since my background plants are growing dense rather than tall. In Australia this is a much more arduous task than just ordering a pack from Green leaf industries (who won't ship to Aus as far as i know). We have 5 nurseries and garden centres where i live and after visiting each of them i found i was still not able to find soluble KNO3, or KH2PO4. I found the KNO3 on ebay but am still searching for a source of KH2PO4. Hopefully i can sort all this out soon and get my background to grow a bit quicker. I think nutrients are the limiting factor for the stem plants at the moment.

I changed the water in my mother's guppy tank and counted 5 new fry. I fed the cory fry daphnia today. Hoping I'm more productive tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Early pwc on my shrimp tank today, thought I'd get it all ready for my new clam coming tomorrow.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Gravel vac and 50% pwc

Sent from my LG-US730 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Worked on my 16 gallon, finally put a substrate in and tomorrow adding the filter, heater and water, now I just have to cycle and I'm good to go! Fed my puffer, he's all happy and full of snail now, cory's are doing great and I can't wait till tomorrow!

Nils

Back
Top Bottom