What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Little picture of the Jacobfreibergi that I've been keeping an eye on. While it still isn't actively swimming or exploring, it's doing a lot more than laying on the substrate. Progress! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429820499.045288.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429822572.221159.jpg

Water change on the betta tank. I'm hoping that driftwood never sinks. At first I had been forcing it down but it came loose and I actually enjoy the look more. I still have two of my baby mystery snails that I had moved from my larger tank into this one, pretty excited that he's letting them be in there. They're getting kind of big now and I still haven't witnessed him attack them like he has done with every other attempted tank mate.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Little picture of the Jacobfreibergi that I've been keeping an eye on. While it still isn't actively swimming or exploring, it's doing a lot more than laying on the substrate. Progress! View attachment 270769

Glad he's improving!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Thanks guys. The wife should be ecstatic to see him swimming around when she gets home from work. She's the peacock lover. She now has 4, the jacobfreibergi, 2 OB Peacocks, and a Sunshine peacock.

Picked up SW for the new 35G build; the LR has been bubbling away maybe 3 weeks I think. I feed it a little every now and again to feed the BB.

Stared at all sorts and types of FW and SW fish and inverts today for a long time wandering in the fish store. Thinking mostly about stock for the 35G SW and dreaming of Discus. The Discus at the lfs were 90% dreadful specimens.

I will speak to one of the masters at the Aquarium Society meeting about who to get Discus from. There isn't really any emergency since I won't be getting them soon. But I like to hope and plan :) And start knowing when certain colors will be available! Just in case I find the right tank...

Picked up a couple Amano shrimp one looks slightly bluish and the other a tint of yellow.

A monster sized Astrea Snail and a small one. Snail race to eat algae!!! hahaha.

Then a rather common colored white star center with cream to tannish with a hint of green Caribbean Rock Flower Anemone for $8 from one store.

The fairly nice colored one and a kinda plain one at the lfs were going for 69.99. I wonder why they have had them for 3-4 months, YIKES!!!

I asked the other store to order a few and I would get 2 if they were still 14.99 or less, then called the other lfs to see if they got any in and they didn't maybe Monday. Their's are 20. each. Just hoping to get a nice color somewhere along the line. See how hard I work for a great deal? A far away lfs was selling theirs too for 69 or 79. They also were disappointed they didn't sell very fast. They said at one time they had 200 last fall. For that price I wouldn't have been a buyer either. I digress. -

Working hard to get some more color in the tank from something that isn't going to sting or poison me. Yay!

Sad news now..., have lost the last 2 of the 3 Killis in the 2 days, first one disappeared. The water is good and the snails are doing fine and the tiny baby Angel SEEMS fine. Didn't eat, then next day dead. QT is a good thing. Sad though.

Last edited:
Fed the fish and looked over my plants.

Talked to the family about setting up my 10g nano reef! :) seriously so pumped about it.

Going to move my 45g community to my brothers room Saturday to free up the space for it and he loves that tank anyway??

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Pwc on my shrimp tank, rinsed my filter and rearranged it. Kinda happier with it now.
My elephant nose seems a lot happier that I've removed some of his plant's weird! ?

Added my kuhlies from QT to DT. Only have two but lfs has been sold out whenever i call.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wiped algae, pwcs, and took photos.
In order Peacock cichlid, bumblebee cichlid, flowerhorn, and electric yellow lab.

Attachments

• 1429928560087.jpg
    1429928560087.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 1429928576920.jpg
    1429928576920.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 1429928603328.jpg
    1429928603328.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 1429928617170.jpg
    1429928617170.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!
I changed 70 percent of the water out of each of my 3 small tanks (lots of fish)

I spread out my guppy fry amongst the 3

vacuumed & changed abit (about 4g)of water from my 26g

That uprooted a ton of plants in all the tanks . . Which are all floating and / or tangled but I didn't want to stress the fish by putting my hand in and replanting them. .

I feel like just zip tying them
to a rock and plopping
the plants back in ,,
anyone have any input?
if that might be a bad/good idea?

Watched the dwarf puffers a bunch more, fed them frozen bloodworms and they ate them! SUCCESS! Smooth fishkeeping from here on out! (After I treat for parasites)

On the plant-keeping side...I added a stupid amount of fertilizer because I'm getting frustrated with my plants looking worse every day. As beautiful as they are I dunno if I can keep real plants going, I may just be hopeless at it.

Your fish are gorgeous! Love the first one ☺ (sorry I'm not sure what breed it is ?)

Haha dont worry about not knowing an african cichlids breed. Theres soo many of them its a pointless endeavor to try most of the time :)

Haha dont worry about not knowing an african cichlids breed. Theres soo many of them its a pointless endeavor to try most of the time :)

That's ok then Lol I don't feel so stupid ?

Moved my kuhlies from QT to the DT. They had been in QT for a month and where healthy so I decided to move them before I planned on. Was going to move them when I moved my tank, but I figured they would be happier in the 29.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your fish are gorgeous! Love the first one ☺ (sorry I'm not sure what breed it is ?)

Thanks! I guess I should've listed what they were. Top to bottom its a Peacock cichlid, bumblebee cichlid, flowerhorn, and electric yellow lab.

Back
Top Bottom