What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Replaced the substrate in my dwarf frog tank today (with sand)! And added a betta :)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430199729.501831.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430199742.035594.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430199758.484552.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

[ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430200119.149096.jpgATTACH]271182[/ATTACH] today I also added one female silver Molly to my 26g tank. I had one female and one male -the female was being chased constantly so now it should be better :) lol my fish always hide when I take pics. It's hard to tell from this pic that there are actually 2 hatchets 3 plecos 3 platys 3 silver mollies 2 guppies and (10-16)guppy fry in there!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430200104.036329.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430200104.036329.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 94
Not able to order parts to repair the fx5?

I'm thinking it's the motor that is broken which is about $190 online. Ordering a brand new fx6 was only like $100 more than just ordering the motor. Since I got the fx5 free with the tank I figured I should just replace it, I have no clue what kind of abuse the guy before me put it through.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hope it all works out for you Nigel.

As far as my day goes, nothing exciting. Rather dull honestly. Monitoring an ich outbreak in one tank, stresses me out haha.

I did stop by the LFS as I do every Tuesday to see what new shipment they got. The owner knows my love of catfish and directed me to a a new guy still floating in the bag from shipment. Labeled as a Shovelnose Tiger ( Pseudoplatystoma tigrinum) with a maximum size of 12" which I find insanely wrong.. I left without the catfish, as usual. I need a predatory catfish in my life something fierce though!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430254987.312093.jpg Took this picture to hopefully help people understand that corys do need groups and clearly do hang out together quite often. They love each other!!!

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

Removed some trumpet snail's from my elephant nose tank they seem to be getting out of hand!
Shrimp tank had no floating plants today! The spinach obviously worked with the snail's.
Been staring at my spare tank's, wondering what I'm going to do with them?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Removed some trumpet snail's from my elephant nose tank they seem to be getting out of hand!
Shrimp tank had no floating plants today! The spinach obviously worked with the snail's.
Been staring at my spare tank's, wondering what I'm going to do with them?

What size are they?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

What size are they?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I have 2 16 gallons, a 5.5 gallon and a 2g. Not sure what I'm doing, might end up selling some.

I have 2 16 gallons, a 5.5 gallon and a 2g. Not sure what I'm doing, might end up selling some.

16 - nano saltwater :)

16 quarantine tank

5.5 Betta tank

2 sell

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

16 gallons- neolamprologus multifasciatus

Doooo itttttt!!!!!!!!!

5 gallon- a dwarf puffer? Too cute!

16 - nano saltwater :)

16 quarantine tank

5.5 Betta tank

2 sell

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I just knew SW was going to appear in there somewhere ? I'm not as brave as you!
QT tank would be a good idea
I was thinking of a betta I really miss not having one.
Yeah I agree with the 2, not much I can do with it but shrimp and I already have a big enough shrimp tank!

16 gallons- neolamprologus multifasciatus

Doooo itttttt!!!!!!!!!

5 gallon- a dwarf puffer? Too cute!

I just had to look these up and boy are they sweet! Really nice ?

I just knew SW was going to appear in there somewhere ? I'm not as brave as you!
QT tank would be a good idea
I was thinking of a betta I really miss not having one.
Yeah I agree with the 2, not much I can do with it but shrimp and I already have a big enough shrimp tank!

Guilty as charged :)

Do the Betta tank though!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

16- Dwarf Puffer tank
16- Coldwater Rapids tank
5.5- Betta
2- Cichlid (just kidding) actually I agree with Caleb and I would sell it.

Got a mag float and couldn't be more happy. Saving me a ton of time scrubbing and fun to use!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

[ QUOTE=ImACoolguy;3214469]Got a mag float and couldn't be more happy. Saving me a ton of time scrubbing and fun to use!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS[/QUOTE]

You're just now getting a magfloat? I thought those were a required tool for aquarist! I love mine. Only downside is I cannot use it on my hex tank. 3/4" glass is too thick for the magnets, even though they're strong as crap

[ QUOTE=ImACoolguy;3214469]Got a mag float and couldn't be more happy. Saving me a ton of time scrubbing and fun to use!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

You're just now getting a magfloat? I thought those were a required tool for aquarist! I love mine. Only downside is I cannot use it on my hex tank. 3/4" glass is too thick for the magnets, even though they're strong as crap

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice[/QUOTE]

Yes! Imagine going 8 months without one and scrubbing by hand! Also scrubbing a planted tank with GSA XD

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Trimming plants and deep cleaned my 75g.

25% water change and vacuum of JD tank.

Pics soon to come :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom