What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Caught some fry babies in my mama tank and put mama into breeding net. She had 15 or so more in the net later. THEN we saw several babies swimming around the tank, and thought....wth? How are they getting out of the net? Then my 9 year old says, "I'll bet the other guppy is having babies!" Sure enough. Switched out mamas in breeding net for MORE babies....lol. :D

Ended up adding some java fern to the tank today. Cleaned out the fluval 305 good. Picking up some holey rock tomorrow for the Pseudotropheus saulosi and maybe add a disco ball for them and some mood lighting so they can get to the baby makin!

Malawi Freak said:
Ended up adding some java fern to the tank today. Cleaned out the fluval 305 good. Picking up some holey rock tomorrow for the Pseudotropheus saulosi and maybe add a disco ball for them and some mood lighting so they can get to the baby makin!

LOL! They make those for tanks now. I saw them at Big ALS, disco balls for the tank! I'm going to think of you now every time I see them.

I did my pwc and watched them for hours. My regular routine ;-)

Mlani said:
LOL! They make those for tanks now. I saw them at Big ALS, disco balls for the tank! I'm going to think of you now every time I see them.

I did my pwc and watched them for hours. My regular routine ;-)

Wait. They really do? Oh good lord, what's next.

Malawi Freak said:
Wait. They really do? Oh good lord, what's next.

Waterproof DJ's Station...

Today's the Water Change Day, but I have to check the water before making any, see whether my Nitrate Eating Sponge is working as advertised :)

senemedar said:

Today's the Water Change Day, but I have to check the water before making any, see whether my Nitrate Eating Sponge is working as advertised :)

Can you elaborate on this nitrate eating sponge?

And how will you check to see whether if its working or not?

I just fed my puffs. As i was taking away the food and out of the water (done feeding), my turgidus puffer came up and took a bite of the air in attempt to eat more. Surprised the heck out of me. He made a loud teeth smacking noise lol. Very scary for a 3.5" fish.

Terrance said:
I just fed my puffs. As i was taking away the food and out of the water (done feeding), my turgidus puffer came up and took a bite of the air in attempt to eat more. Surprised the heck out of me. He made a loud teeth smacking noise lol. Very scary for a 3.5" fish.

I can hear my GSP's crunching food, and sometimes the air when they are waiting impatiently for food, and it is scary. And adorable at the same time. I didn't do anything with my tanks today.

Yes plenty of people has been bitten. When it happens, the keeper bled a lot and required stitching. Puffers get too excited during feeding.

i got a new fishy:) he is a blue paradise fish. i only had to wait 7 months for the LFS to get him

Alkane said:
Have you puffer people ever been bitten?>

Mine are still pretty small, the few times I've been nipped just hurt. Only once did I end up bleeding a little. The little guy got my pinkie finger pretty good during a water change.

Carrying on the frequent WCs to try encourage spawning activity between my GBR pair

Back
Top Bottom