What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Upgraded saltwater tank from 15g to 20g. Changed lid to egg crate instead of glass top. Put a cheap led strip on too look at it, haven't decided how I'm rewiring sump and main light yet.

Tied some moss I ordered around the driftwood in my planted 55 gallon after a water change. Realized should have done the water change afterwards lol.

Lost a Shrimp this morning :(. Did some water tests all came back normal but did a water change anyway. Think he succumbed to age :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think my marineland hot magnum filter is done for...... I've tried cleaning it out several times but I can't get enough pressure to come out of it. And it eventually quits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my marineland hot magnum filter is done for...... I've tried cleaning it out several times but I can't get enough pressure to come out of it. And it eventually quits.

Did you try cleaning inside where the impeller drops in?

It has been a busy week here. I am trying to get the light times on the tanks figured out to keep the plants growing well.

I need to also get an online order placed for supplies but a friend needs my help tomorrow and that means I won't have the time to work on maintenance I thought I would.

Hopefully enough time to get an order placed anyway.

The Finnex or the Current light might be a new addition too for the Tangerine Tiger Shrimp tank (Mr. Aqua), not too sure if it is a tank I will be keeping or changing it. Right now I changed to used the 10000K Fluval Sea on it instead of the Beamswork which until I get the old 12G Edge light bar replacement I was using it, though not quite enough output I think.

This just means that it is musical light fixtures atm.

Anyone else notice this thread is nearly 1000 pages?

Last edited:
I'll have to try that out when I get out of work.

while doing a water change today I found my long spine urchin of 5 years dead , I loved that guy guess I'll have to get another ,

Did another water change to get the nitrates lower, also received my glass top for the 36g bowfront, and topped off the 10g.

wow that guy is pretty hows his disposition with tank mates
img_3344680_0_9cca6bb51ddc464fc6f33351c8a7919a.jpg

Well he is in with two moray eels and so far they are doing fine together, but they are one of the more nasty and aggressive triggers, so....
I had one ages ago when I worked at a lfs. I adopted it because we couldn't afford to give him a 50 gal tank all to himself because he killed everything we put with it. After it killed a too many $$$ worth of fish plus costing retail space, the owner told me I could have it if I wanted. I had that one for a couple of years and he was nasty and mischievous. He used to pile all the rocks up against the front viewing pane. I'm hoping this one will be easy going....

the eels just chillin'
img_3344684_0_c9b801f804e474f5f826bf92d33ed665.jpg

I rescaped so there are myriad holes and passageways along the bottom so the eels have plenty of spaces/caves and the trigger resides in the red coral or the vase.

img_3344684_1_f38e4eeb8fe7b6250951c39948cf99f5.jpg

this is temporary housing for a couple months at most.

while doing a water change today I found my long spine urchin of 5 years dead , I loved that guy guess I'll have to get another ,

Sorry to hear. Those Urchins are pretty neat.

Oh yes - also did pwc to 11.4G Mr Aqua TT tank and added that water to the planted bowls. Made a mess adding "just a little more" too much water to the AquaFarm and soaked the cabinet.

Added water to the snail bucket, the 12G Edge, and 72G and a little left over water to the 46G. And 6.6G SW.

The Oak leaves added to the TT tank are settling in and the snails are after them already. Also the Assassin snail has quite the bone yard of empty snail shells- RH and MTS - mostly RH.

Last edited:
I added some Crypt Nevilli, Crypt Tonkinensis and Rotala Macrandra to my Betta tank. It needed some algae scraped off the glass so i did a 75% water change while i added the plants and scraped away the algae. It's looking nice now.

I want to clean out a 20g i have in my kitchen. It only has a pleco in there at the moment and he will do better in an under-stocked 3 foot tank i have running. If I have time after cleaning that tank out I will clear up some space to add the rest of the crypts and the macrandra i bought this morning. I might shift everything round enough to make it look like a different tank. It's looked the same for about seven months now.

Took some pics of my most favorite plant: Aponogeton Ulvaceus

This is the picture I took 1 month ago of this plant.
9hlAlyq.jpg

This is today.
LWN24UW.jpg

The longer leaves are approximately 1 foot long.

Closeup of the leaf structure so you guys can see why it's soo awesome :)
kihFXrT.jpg

Tank today

Did a 35 percent water change today. Cleaned algae off glass. Checked filter. All ok thinking of nerite snails. Or am I asking for trouble?

Did a 35 percent water change today. Cleaned algae off glass. Checked filter. All ok thinking of nerite snails. Or am I asking for trouble?

Nerites are cool. The only down side is the white eggs they will lay around the tank. The eggs can be wiped off if you desire. I have several Nerites in my 46g.

Did 40% water change in both 5g's. 75% change in my 12g long. 30% change in my 4.6g. 50% change in my 46g. Cleaned the glass on all. Also, saw a ton of Copods in the 12g long.

Last night I ordered a 48" Finnex Planted Plus 24/7 and two 200 watt Cobalt Neotherm heaters for the either 75g or 90g tank I'm gonna buy this next week.

So I'll be scraping off eggs instead of algae. I think I'll stick with the minimal algae for now. Had bad experiences with mystery snails dying and decomposing in my old set up

Installed ATO today, tested it by removing water from the sump. Both water sensors and pump shut off sensor working. For some reason didn't think of a siphon forming since had the reservoir higher than the sump. So dumped about 1/10 of a gallon of water in the tank. Moved the reservoir down below. Shouldn't do things when tired. Glad I tested would have been worse if was the whole 2 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom