What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry about the loss :(. Small clams are definitely tough to keep. I've lost some that were a bit smaller than that guy. They tend to just go as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sold my african butterfly fish since he attacked my betta, also sold my albino bn pleco, 5 German red peacock cichlids, and 150 water lettuce for 5 mbuna, 8 black neon tetras, 3 goldies for my pond, and a light for my 10g planted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Today must be the day of death.

All I did today was look at my 75g when I got home.

And discovered this. It was my xmas present...

(And I still don't know why my pictures rotate when I post 'em.)
img_3351758_0_1a99a8726ff14996d97d958f26611c4d.jpg

I fixed your pict and yes I"m sorry about the clam ,
the reason your picts come out side ways may be the way you hold the camera or phone but that is nothing more than a guess ,

Almost made the decision to do the clean out on the FW 6.6G Edge and shut it down for awhile.

Thinking it will be a good idea at least to clean it out, move the 4 nano Chilis and B. Merah. Whatever shrimp I find will see about what to to with the couple that are remaining.

Won't have time for a few days due to work schedule. Planned to do it anyhow and need to change the substrate when it gets set back up again sometime in the future.

Called around about the Rock Flower Anemones - found 4 at 2 different stores all basic colored ones for $30 and $40, not interested for those at that price. My closest store had their shipment of fish and stuff come in cold and mostly dead. Are expecting a replacement in a couple days.

Other store still had "not available for order" on their order list. Most of the stores didn't have any or any indication they would be getting any.

Changed the filter floss in my SW HOB. Sexy shrimp seem to be doing good still so far.

Picked up some RCS from a member of a local fish club. 20 for $17. However, it was more like 30 RCS plus a pair of endler fry. Same price. These are very red for RCS, even after transport and acclimation.
Took an old toothbrush and tried to harvest as much pesky string algae in the shrimp tank. Maybe increasing the number of floating plants will help.

Added another dose of meds to my QT tank holding my blond naso lipstick tang ,
I think I figured out why he developed Popeye . I'm thinking it was the sudden altitude change , as he was shipped from California which is sea level to the mountains in Colorado 8500ft above sea level ,
he actually looks better the bubble on his eye deflated but he will still remain in QT for the full 10 days than slowly be weened off the meds like around another 5 days before he can be reintroduced to the display , giving me time to observe if it is completely gone,

This is him before
img_3351880_0_580fa9afa76978cbb4b32392aeb89a4c.jpg

This him after being in QT 1 1/2 days I know he isn't cured but he looks a lot better
notice the bubble is almost gone
img_3351880_1_5568a2deaed0ece2eda8d92005133b85.jpg

Haven't done anything to the tanks themselves other than feed, but pumped up 10 gallons of ro/di and got the salt mixing for a water change tomorrow.

Got up this morning to my bulb gone in my shrimp tank, off to lfs tomorrow too buy new one's.
Added more Sand to my elephant nose tank looks a lot better, and really pleased how my plant's are growing.
1459076579443.jpg

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

done my last coat on 3d background

4th coat was a tad messy with the red and brown dyes and the sand to texture but I am pretty chuffed with it for my first attempt :)

Attachments

• WP_20160327_11_35_28_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20160327_11_35_28_Pro[1].jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 72
Got up this morning to my bulb gone in my shrimp tank, off to lfs tomorrow too buy new one's.
Added more Sand to my elephant nose tank looks a lot better, and really pleased how my plant's are growing.
View attachment 285799

Your plants are looking lush! Don't delay on getting the bulb, that happened to me and had quite a mess because the plants were mad at me and started melting!

4th coat was a tad messy with the red and brown dyes and the sand to texture but I am pretty chuffed with it for my first attempt :)

Pretty darned cool atlantis! Looks smashing!

~~~~~~~~~

Cleared out the Edge 6.6G FW tank and resued ONE shrimp from the mucky tank bottom (other than maybe one or 2 in the bucket of plants - unknown at this time.) Have some of the plants in a bucket not very much after the Anubias nana which was moved into the 72G.

Moved the 4 various Boraras Brigittae and Merah nano fish into the 12G Edge with the Green Kubotai. They are kind of hanging out together.

Put the shrimp into the aquafarm plant holding tank. Have other things going on, so will look into any lost shrimp from the little bits of Subwassertang and the plant bucket later.

Did a 35%pwc. Vacuumed gravel. Tank is super clean

50% water change in both Fluval Spec V's. 50% water change on my 46 gallon bowfront. Broke down my 12 gallon long because today I set up my new 75 gallon. I've decided I'm breaking down my 4.6 gallon ADA tank as well. Going from 6 tanks to 4. I'll be happier.

I did a 50% pwc and scrubbed off algae. Cleaned my bubble wall. Fish are happy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and rinsed filter's. Fed live bloodworm to him.
Pwc on the shrimp tank, got new bulb fitted. Managed to break my spray bar and flood the living room, been one of those day's ?

My tang developed Popeye from being shipped we think it was the sudden altitude change ,
Dosed my QT with it's second dose of meds for my blond Naso Lipstick Tang , His eye seems to be getting better , seems the bubble is going down behind his eye , he has 3 more doses before I slowly start weening him off the meds , so long as he shows no more swelling in his eye .

Keeping the lights off for a couple days to get rid of a few small patches of cyanobacteria; found this, this morning; first time way up out of the sand:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom