What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Carriwin, just done a head count had 39 now I have 26 ? this has been one doomed tank!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Well I have another 5 sick looking fish, I'm at the point of closing this tank down if I lose them all. Absolutely devastated hunted all over the country for these guy's :(
Going to give them another pwc.
And isolate these 5.

Sad news :( Fingers crossed for you.

Avoided it like the Plague!
attachment.php

:eek:

I love it just hanging out

Last edited:
Found wigglers today and they were moved from one leaf to another the 1st one had some old eggs - not viable and they were getting funky.

The problem was that the momma fish and her hoping, sister fish were to scheduled to go to a new home, since maybe 5-6 weeks back. Had no clue she would have wigglers.

Figured out a way to cut off the leaf from the Anubias and grab the leaf, only loose half the babies by them falling off and keep from getting bit by mom and dad.

Mom and Spike the other Angel hoping female, went to a new home, along with the wigglers.

I have about 20 wigglers still on another leaf, which I guess the parents saved and restuck to the leaf. In the container after it got to it's new home there were a couple swimmers with the egg sacs. He has baby brine shrimp for some Rainbow and Cory babies so I am hopeful some will survive. If not there will likely be more to come.

The poppa fish is a little rattled with his mate gone, and he absolutely charges the front of the tank when I come up to it, so I know he knows I was complicit in his lady's disappearance...., and kidnapped the other little ones :eek:

There is a slight amount of guilt, but the babies would have been fish food in just another couple days anyhow. Might try and save a few and throw them into the other tank just in case they could make it. Then figure out the baby Brine Shrimp thing with the eggs I have somewhere!

The departure of the other two fish open up some space and I am happy they won't be fighting so much after the left over babies get moved to the other tank.

Found another dead Cory cat, the little ones, Metae.

Took a couple pics.

Added water from evaporation to 3 FW tanks and the SW also.

This was more yesterday's picture, but I felt a little bad about shelly's fish, so I didn't post it. :)

104771-albums14536-picture70190.jpg

My angels decided to school for me!

Hope everyone's day goes well!

This was more yesterday's picture, but I felt a little bad about shelly's fish, so I didn't post it. :)

104771-albums14536-picture70190.jpg

My angels decided to school for me!

Hope everyone's day goes well!

Thank you! But you should still have posted your pic, beautiful looking Angel's you have ;) made me smile.

Autumn sorry to hear about your cory :( do you think its was your big fish?
Gave my elephant nose an early clean , hubby thinks I have an OCD when it comes to his tank Lol actually enjoy the cleaning days :)
I have no dead fish today and everyone is eating and looking not bad in my shrimp tank keeping my fingers crossed.
And thank you Delapool and guppygourami.

I bought some Endler guppies today. I planned to get six females and three males but they were short on females so I just picked up two males and a female. I added them to my Kuhli loach tank. The kuhli are fun when they're visible but they hide a lot. The LFS is ordering more this week but these ones will need to go through quarantine. Three three I bought v today had been in their tank for a few weeks already and ere healthy so I didn't isolate them.

I upgraded my lighting for my favourite planted tank last week. I went from having a 21 watt t5 & a t8 over the tank to the 21w t5 with the new dual 54w t5 lights. So far with the tank I've mostly avoided using CO2 and haven't added ferts often. I've started experimenting with both in an attempt to turn all the plants that will become red or pink. I'm starting to see plenty of pearling in plants that have never displayed pearling before. I'm seeing some colour changes in the tips of some plants already. Hopefully it has the added benefit of allowing me to successfully grow foreground plants.

Had a little photoshoot with my angels and their week-old fry.

everyone
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1463284117.996441.jpg
with mama
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1463284149.382812.jpg
with papa
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1463284164.106861.jpg

<g.m.t.a>

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1463284130.479924.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1463284130.479924.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 47
Cleaned out my canister today. Just a rinse of the media with a bit of DI water. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1463291042.791169.jpg
This poser wanted a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Did the weekly 20% water change, still pleased I haven't had a major algae outbreak. Plants have done so well, I need to do a trimming. Guess it's time to set up a new tank to relocate the clippings. :)

Glared at my cloudy 55g tank, played with my fishes currently housed in my 38g after taking pictures of them this weekend. :)

The Barbershop Sextet:

104771-albums14536-picture70215.jpg

The Betta:

104771-albums14536-picture70211.jpg

The Pleco:

104771-albums14536-picture70213.jpg

Last edited:
50 % clean on my elephant nose tank, algae scrub etc. He's looking well so that's something good!
Found 3 dead shrimp today ? checked parameters all great, no dead fish though keeping my fingers crossed! I've had such a lot of losses in this tank wish I'd never bought it.
Found baby shrimp and 2 baby tylo snail's :D

Last edited:
Got my 10gl scapers tank set up an redid my eheim 6gl with some dragon rock i had left from my ten gl
Eheim 6gl tank
0156b575f98c0bc69288db499f9756e0.jpg

10gl scapers tank w/ co2 pps pro ferts.
61e9f8de92052a3e27a3d47ef5184d7a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Did the weekly 20% water change, still pleased I haven't had a major algae outbreak. Plants have done so well, I need to do a trimming. Guess it's time to set up a new tank to relocate the clippings. :)

Excellent idea!

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank, algae scrub etc. He's looking well so that's something good!
Found 3 dead shrimp today ? checked parameters all great, no dead fish though keeping my fingers crossed! I've had such a lot of losses in this tank wish I'd never bought it.
Found baby shrimp and 2 baby tylo snail's :D

So sorry to hear there is still something going on in there. Check the calcium level maybe.

Got my 10gl scapers tank set up an redid my eheim 6gl with some dragon rock i had left from my ten gl
Eheim 6gl tank
0156b575f98c0bc69288db499f9756e0.jpg

10gl scapers tank w/ co2 pps pro ferts.
61e9f8de92052a3e27a3d47ef5184d7a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Looking good!

~~~
Not to much with me, just feeding and watching the fish.

Almost got to go shopping at 2 far away lfs, but we ended up having something come up and didn't have time. Booo.

Almost got another betta... I didn't though because my LFS didn't have good ones in stock.

Money can't buy happiness.... But I can buy fish, which is kind of the same thing.

Pwc on my shrimp tank, rinsed filter's. No losses today, found a few baby rcs and golden bee's so something to feel happy about ;)
Fed my big guy live bloodworm he's still out this afternoon cleaning it up!

Back
Top Bottom