What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK great! Looking forward to seeing the completed project

As promised. Here the new design. With LED.

DSC-0396.jpg

Haha! It took me 2 years to learn all the functions on my TV remote

On off, volume up and volume down, change channel.....:lol:

As promised. Here the new design. With LED.

DSC-0396.jpg

Beautiful!!! Good lighting color.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:banghead:

Returned from trip. (y) Yay but :nono: :banghead:

Not only was there a HUGE amount of snow dumped on our area, my fish and house plants have suffered, disasters everywhere, and the 80G was a beyond terrible.

Sick fish and pumps malfunction, I am not even sure what happened. One Congo Tetra looks like a bubble. Suffering from likely ammonia poisoning. So arrive home at 1AM and do emergency tank maintenance for 1 1/2 hours.

The back filter compartment of the 80G was nearly empty both heaters nearly completely bare / out of water. Sick fish. Missing fish. Guppies have many, shredded tails.

Did a 100G rotating water change on the 80G - out through the FX5 filter and in the top. Most of the fish in the tank seem so much better, and, basically not being poisoned by the water now. Added a large dose of Epsom Salt. I have hopefully still 6 Clown Loaches ( I have seen 5 for sure) so didn't want to add salt just yet.

There are more problems -

Anyone ever leave all their aquarium lights on for 10 days? Or probably mostly all of 10 days?!? 80G tank light was never on in the whole 10 days, only one.

Blue Rim Betta tank uses daylight with moss.

I did water changes on the 12G
the PRL 6.6G shrimp tank,

the Blue Rimmed Betta Spec V tank, also had a dead pump on one filter because it was low water and internal compartment was dry.

PWC on 30G Waterbox Gourami tank and

also the Wine glass.

And I did them lightning fast and its 3 am.

I hope things look better when I wake up. :hide:

Now I am a bit high strung due to the emotions of disbelief, terror, heart brokenness, anger, sadness and annoyance, so not exactly sleepy.

On off, volume up and volume down, change channel.....[emoji38]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not only was there a HUGE amount of snow dumped on our area, my fish and house plants have suffered, disasters everywhere, and the 80G was a beyond terrible.

Sick fish and pumps malfunction, I am not even sure what happened. One Congo Tetra looks like a bubble. Suffering from likely ammonia poisoning. So arrive home at 1AM and do emergency tank maintenance for 1 1/2 hours.

The back filter compartment of the 80G was nearly empty both heaters nearly completely bare / out of water. Sick fish. Missing fish. Guppies have many, shredded tails.

Did a 100G rotating water change on the 80G - out through the FX5 filter and in the top. Most of the fish in the tank seem so much better, and, basically not being poisoned by the water now. Added a large dose of Epsom Salt. I have hopefully still 6 Clown Loaches ( I have seen 5 for sure) so didn't want to add salt just yet.

Anyone ever leave all their aquarium lights on for 10 days? Or probably mostly all of 10 days?!? 80G tank light was never on in the whole 10 days, only one.

the Blue Rimmed Betta Spec V tank, also had a dead pump on one filter because it was low water and internal compartment was dry.

also the Wine glass.

Now I am a bit high strung due to the emotions of disbelief, terror, heart brokenness, anger, sadness and annoyance, so not exactly sleepy.
Oh God that's horrible [emoji20] I'm sorry everything blew up on you while you was gone. That's crazy.
I hope all the clown loaches are there and the fish heal up quickly.

On off, volume up and volume down, change channel.....:lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also the Wine glass.

It is better when you are on vacation to leave the pumps and lights (with timer) switched on.
Feed is not so necessary.

I've noticed juvenile fry in my 25 gallon from these fin suckers. sewellia-lineolata
DSC-0006.jpg

This is a jungle and is overcrowded with shrimp.
I cut down the plants and removed a lot of shrimp. When it has calmed down a bit, a picture can be taken again.

I will arrange a flow pump. There is more exercise and oxygen.

I've noticed juvenile fry in my 25 gallon from these fin suckers. sewellia-lineolata
DSC-0006.jpg

This is a jungle and is overcrowded with shrimp.
I cut down the plants and removed a lot of shrimp. When it has calmed down a bit, a picture can be taken again.

I will arrange a flow pump. There is more exercise and oxygen.
Gorgeous fish! I've always wanted 1 of these for my micro rasbora tank, such cute guys :)

Arthur, very wonderful news to have babies!
~~~~~~~~~

Moving, and it's crazy. Been working on the place forever.

Moved over the 6.6G PRL shrimp tank. Then decidedbto take down the OLD 12 Edge glass tank and put up the new glass tank I have had for about 11 months. BUT, upon observation, there are babies at least 5 very small Bee shrimp or PRL parent CRS. So I will not dump out tank contents to switch them to a new tank since I probably couldn't be sure to save the little guys. And I was waiting months and months dor babies since I got the bunches beginning in January 2020.

Going to sell the 80G Innovative Marine Lagoon tank. It's just not going to fit.

Will take the 72G and remove everything, so the movers can take it.

Then take the Cories and the Wadai Tetras and move them to the 30 G Waterbox. All the other fish can wait it out in the 80G before I put it up for sale. Move the stuff over and refill the 72G tank with the other fish.

Later will move the Clown Loaches over to the 72G. Not a perfect short term solution. But not the worst.

Will probably need to rehome a few fish. Also will move the SW tank to a different tank. Found a 35G low iron glass tank in a nearby town available
which I have "probably"
decided on. But if I find a proper SW tank and stand, I'll go for that, I have a week to decide.

Movers come this Saturday. I can move the other smaller tanks myself.

The little ones are shy. They hold on to the stones. (I have set a Turbelle).
Difficult to photograph. But it later still works.
If the A. ulvaceus completely withdraws into the tuber. Then is more light

The costom tanks have water!

Just testing now so no fish or decor.
20210403_231551.jpg

Cool! Someone else knows the magic of flow pumps. :fish2:
Here the young fish.
DSC-0401.jpg
DSC-0403.jpg

Since I got the flow pump, the fish are all very lively. Also the Plecos. At first they always sat tucked away in the corners. Now they are operating at the front.
Fish that cling may need a current.

Here the young fish.
DSC-0401.jpg
DSC-0403.jpg

Since I got the flow pump, the fish are all very lively. Also the Plecos. At first they always sat tucked away in the corners. Now they are operating at the front.
Fish that cling may need a current.

You are correct. Rheophiles need fast flowing current and come from waters with high dissolved oxygen quickly moving through their gills.

Since I got the flow pump, the fish are all very lively. Also the Plecos. At first they always sat tucked away in the corners. Now they are operating at the front. Fish that cling may need a current.

Excellent! I suspect that most fish need at least a bit of current. Another plus is having dead zones broken up is major. I've got a young BRC that loves "surfing" a bit too. What flow pump are you using, Arthur?

One last ? Arthur then I'll stop, have your noted a change in algae growth since you got a flow pump?

TUNZE Turbelle Nanostream 615.

I had no problems with algae before either. The vegetation is strong. I make sure all the nutrients are there.

Today, Wednesday, the pool was cleaned. It is noticeable that the water is clearer. There are fewer duckweed. The surface is free.

There is no more odor when vacuuming the gravel. The floor is probably also flowed through, so that there are no stagnant areas.

Back
Top Bottom