Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-19-2021, 01:23 AM   #13681
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake37 View Post
Did the normal water change to my 40B but also did a massive pruning. Tank almost looks vacant now:
That looks full to me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Moving the SW fish critters now.

I swear (really soon) I will learn how to program my lights!!!

Again I need to be out of town at the end of the month

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:12 AM   #13682
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

SW critters are moved.

Went to pick up fish from a graduated college student in Boulder, moving soon to a new life and job.

Got 2 Medium Clown Loaches, 3 glass cats and a Golden Dojo Loach. He had a most beautiful grown Black Clown Knife fish. Oh I loved seeing him, wish I could keep him, not sure there is a way. Free. They are in a tub I think I need to find another heater in the old fish stuff storage room. Not quite emptied yet.

Still have the SW temporary tank. There are a bunch of snails in the rubble, I need to sort it out, was planning it to go into the sump, but it's not quite connected yet and I still wanted to get a smaller valve, and need a reducer fitting for the pump to the tube and valve.

Did pwc on 12 G Black Edge. Pwc on snail, moss, plant tank Spec V. I use the water for the plants.

Added water to the terrariums and planted bowl.

Shopped, looking at new terrarium plant options.

Bought frozen and dry foods.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Old 05-30-2021, 07:35 PM   #13683
Aquarium Advice Freak

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0509.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	320950

Name:	IMG_0511.jpg
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	320951

Name:	IMG_0513.jpg
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	320952

Name:	IMG_0516.jpg
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	320953

Name:	IMG_0514.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	320954
Did a water change on the top tank today. Just thought I never shared any pics after I got it done so here are a few, top tank is a little cloudy from the water change.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:07 PM   #13684
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Fish View Post
Attachment 320950
Attachment 320951
Attachment 320952
Attachment 320953
Attachment 320954
Did a water change on the top tank today. Just thought I never shared any pics after I got it done so here are a few, top tank is a little cloudy from the water change.
Looks nice!!!

~~~~

Okay, was gone for nearly 2 weeks. The little 30 day pill trays were packed for 2 weeks and the process was easy for my DH. I did not get the lights programmed correctly so the lights were manually turned on and off.

Overall things went very, very well, though there was one exception. The SW Mandarin Dragonet passed while I was gone. The $50 bogo free, pods arrived quickly but it was too late I guess. It ate foods from commercially prepared bags too and frozen. Everyone says they are high maintenance and need special attention and me being gone was a problem. I do not plan to get another one of them.

What this means is I am selling the just purchased 50G starfire SW cube. That fish was THE reason for not setting up a nano tank after the move. I bought it at a good price and then bought new live sand, light, and a $100, pump, plus some bacteria infused flat man made SW stones to build the base of the rock arch/cave.

My heart isn't in the SW right now. Plan to do a nano tank for my little aged Yellow Clown Goby which I love. Appx. 7 years old.

Here is a pic of the 30G Waterbox looking fresh after a 30% pwc.

Center the little fish with the bent spine is the cull from the Wadai Tetras tank. (99.99% will not be breeding and if it did the babies would be eaten immediately)

Also did a pwc on the 12G black Edge mixed Bee Shrimp tank.

Working through all the other tanks.

Have a ton of algae on the white PRL Edge tank, it was next to a window of the back doorway and I added rice paper film on the glass to cut back the direct light. Have to clean that one out next. Saw all the shrimp in there 12, but there are hiding places so the 13th one could be hiding. The babies are growing nicely.

Looking at a group of 17 mostly Deep Blue - Blue Bolt shrimp. The breeder is closing his tank down and selling out. Also a low iron 4G nano tank maybe for a project.

Tags
aquarium, aquascape, aquascaping, fish, friends, invertebrate, invertebrates, journal, maintenance, plants, ramshorn snail, ramshorns, shrimp, snail, snails, tanks

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com