What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got up this morning too find my albino corie trapped in my vegi clip, it had closed shut when the food broke off. His gills were all torn up & he couldn't swim had to euthanize him. I'm devastated feel it's my fault had this wee guy since he was a baby. Won't be using them again :-(

So so sorry about this. Feel your pain.

clearancepuppy said:
My sympathies. So sorry.

Thanks. He was my fav fish in my cichlid tank. My LFS has a bunch right now so I'm going to watch my tank for like two weeks just to make sure everybody else is healthy, then I'm going to get another one.

Well, boiling my new driftwood got the axe today from my mom. She says that it's making the house too hot. So it's on to plan B. Just soaking it on a bucket. But my new Bolivian ram is doing good. No real aggression from the other ram in the tank. Rescaped everything.

Topped off the water in tanks I did wc in yest.
Watched jewel tank from across room (won't come out if am near since the tank overhaul)
Fed tanks and noticed the female (crater) isn't eating. Wound might have affected ability.... won't let me see her up close....hides if I stand up. Worried over her.

Played with my camera trying to take pictures of them and uploading. Still working on this.

I discovered that my bristlenose plecos have laid eggs! Daddy is hard at work fanning away at them. I'm so excited! And I guess that "spare" tank may not sit empty much longer... If this becomes a regular occurrence I'm going to need a fry tank!

If you get viable fry and want to get rid of some let me know. I can take some off your hands.

Water changes, then I fully stocked both of my 10 gallons. In total, I added 5 neon tetras, 4 albino bronze cory's, and 5 kuhli loaches.

oh, and I bought a bunch of plants, too. I don't remember what they're called and I don't wanna rummage the trash to find out.

My two kitchen tanks are now wondrous to look at.

Let the sand settle....then stired it up again to even out the sand bed....do you guys run your return pumps and and overflows while the Sand is settling? I don't want the dust getting on all the equipment in my sump..... The tank is already going to need a cleaning when it's done settling

Picked up some drift wood and other supplies for the 12 gallon edge I bought. Will be setting it up next weekend when I get home. So excited... Always exciting to design a new tank.

I added decor, and fish. Spent about an hour moving everything an inch to the left, then a quarter inch to the right, then angled it a bit this way or that till it was juuuuuuust, RIGHT!!! Now I'm gonna buy more fish tomorrow, and I'm waiting on the last bits of decor from the Amazon.com so I can finish it. Pics tomorrow

I installed an automatic feeder since I have to go out of town for Christmas! :)

Attachments

• image-933503245.jpg
    image-933503245.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 85
jmay33 said:
I installed an automatic feeder since I have to go out of town for Christmas! :)

Just keep an eye on that thing. And most fish can go days without food. How long are you going to be gone?

Going on Vacation

Hello j...

Aquarium fish can easily manage without food for a couple of weeks. When I go on vacation, I feed a little more often for a couple of weeks before I leave. A couple days prior, I stop feeding and do a little larger than normal water change. The fish spend the time foraging for any leftovers and I come home to a clean tank.

B

aaronjohn20 said:
Just keep an eye on that thing. And most fish can go days without food. How long are you going to be gone?

BBradbury said:
Hello j...

Aquarium fish can easily manage without food for a couple of weeks. When I go on vacation, I feed a little more often for a couple of weeks before I leave. A couple days prior, I stop feeding and do a little larger than normal water change. The fish spend the time foraging for any leftovers and I come home to a clean tank.

B

Thanks for the advice guys!! I will be out of town for about 3 weeks. I have the feeder set to feed very small amounts(not anywhere near how much I usually feed) once a day. I have shrimp, cories, and snails that are a good cleaning crew. So hopefully that will be okay?

Back
Top Bottom