What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry to hear about your LFS closing. I hope it wasn't one of your favorites. :(

not-pro said:
I'm sorry to hear about your LFS closing. I hope it wasn't one of your favorites. :(

Not my favorite but the closest. My favorite is 20 miles each way. So I only go when I really need to. My only other option is a petco about 15 min away but their aquatic dept is really lacking in selection quality and knowledge. I liked this one though cus the owner was really knowledgable about all animals and made sure her employees knew their stuff too. Kinda of small selection wise but still a great store. Sad to see it go. I'm thinking about going in tomorrow night and making an offer on their remaining plants. I'm thinking ill take the lot for 10 or less

PWC as well as a background switch..4 backgrounds later I am happy..my fish are too.

Started off by putting a mirror back on my 100 gallon. The 6" flowerhorn was not happy at all! Had to swap it out for a plain black one to prevent any head injuries..

Today i did a 10% WC, cleaned salt creep off light glass, cleaned glass, re arranged shaving brush and se whip. Just a basic Sunday

75% pwc on my 125 Malawi. I do 2 50% a week on my 125 but when I fed them this morning the water smelled terrible. Not to sure why, I tested all parameters and everything was fine. Amm. 0 trites 0 trates 20 ish ph 8.2 gh 240 ppm Kh 400 ppm. So I have no clue what the odor was but it was very unpleasant

Added four kuhlis to my bettas 16gallon, after 10minutes had to save them my betta thought they were lunch! So I put them in my elephant nose tank who is leaving them alone :)

Made the decision to cut back on the 29 gallon feedings to Mon, Wed and Fri. I will win this war against the MTS that have taken over!!

Found one of my self-cloning crayfish crawling on the floor. I need to seal up all the exit points!

Now just sitting in front of my fireplace (yes very warm) with a hot cup of Frappucino and all my tanks :)

Found one of my self-cloning crayfish crawling on the floor. I need to seal up all the exit points!

Now just sitting in front of my fireplace (yes very warm) with a hot cup of Frappucino and all my tanks :)

That sounds like a perfect evening!

Last night I power cleaned my 10G walstad, and did water changes on all my other tanks. I actually retired my 5.5G as well, and sold the gear to my little sister. With the addition of the 46G, I just didn't wanna hit 5 tanks. I don't wanna be crazy fish dude, you know?

Last night I power cleaned my 10G walstad, and did water changes on all my other tanks. I actually retired my 5.5G as well, and sold the gear to my little sister. With the addition of the 46G, I just didn't wanna hit 5 tanks. I don't wanna be crazy fish dude, you know?

Yikes! I must be crazy fish chick! :) lol. (y)

Yikes! I must be crazy fish chick! :) lol. (y)

There's nothing wrong with that at all. =)

I just wanted to cut down on maintenance. Plus, I don't have a truly good place to put the 5 gallon, and my sister did just buy another betta so she needed a home for it. =)

Also, added 2 large clay pots to my 46G so that my firemouths will have a place to hide when they mature. Wanna get it in there now so they grow into it. =)
IMG_20121211_154306.jpg

This tank is presently stocked with two bristlenose plecos, presumably male duie to them fighting for territory briefly upon introduction. And I have a single firemouth of unknown gender there as well. I am going to breed the firemouths at some point so I want a breeding pair... stores will give me instore credit for babies and juvies.

You sold it to your sister.:lol: What happened to family does not have to pay?

Screw that, man. 50W fluval heater, an aquaclear 30, and a 5 gallon aquarium with hood for 25 man. The only provisio was she had to take my female betta off my hands. I have nowhere reasonably good to house her.

baron1282 said:
You sold it to your sister.:lol: What happened to family does not have to pay?

I technically paid 300 for my brothers 72 bow. With all the SW equipment. Skimmers and pumps and what not. But it was payment for replacing the clutch is his impreza wrx. I think only parents give stuff away for free. Family gets discount but not free lol.

I technically paid 300 for my brothers 72 bow. With all the SW equipment. Skimmers and pumps and what not. But it was payment for replacing the clutch is his impreza wrx. I think only parents give stuff away for free. Family gets discount but not free lol.

Yeah, exactly. I couldn't just give her 100$ worth of stuff, but at 75% off? My conscience is clean. She's my kid sister, I'll gladly do anything for her, but I can't just lose 100$. :\

(especially when I just spent 500$ or so on the replacement tank, gotta recoup somehow)

:cool:

filtration

Just added my new nexx filtration, and am already loving the results. Now to add shelving to my cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom