What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly, you'll be fine for a bit. Just do some PWCs a little more frequently until you get a new one and stir it up every once and a while or add a air stone if you're really concerned. I'd try to get the warranty, but that's just me;)

Added their weekly zucchini chunk. This week there were two, one slightly smaller one that was stuck frozen. The smaller one has become my pleco's personal piece while the barbs are getting their fill of the bigger piece. The 3 foot bamboo plant (fake) I added has only seemed to curb my gourami's aggression toward his smaller companion slightly. I think I may end up rehoming the little one to avoid him being killed down the line.

Edit- The rainbow shark is taking control of the larger chunk, the poor tiger barbs.

Just got back, checking on the damage!

Well here is the start of my "just home from my trip" and what happened to my tanks novella...

Added almost 10 gallons of water to my 37G Koi Angelfish pair (maybe someday breeding) tank.

Had to add a gallon of water to my 5G Chi tank as the pump wasn't running, it was on but no water was coming out :/ Looks like I lost a small mystery snail baby about the size of a dime. The other one got to moving around but that one looks a little like its not gonna snap out of it...

Before I left I got 5 Neons to add to the 3 that were left from rescues, and somewhat hang out with the Cardinals (in the 72G). But 3 died within just a couple days. When I got back, the 2 were still alive and looked lovely so moved them from QT and into the big tank. BUT the other 3 were no where in sight...

So I am thinking what happened was that my giant Purple Spotted Gudgeon (72G) probably got mad I didn't specially feed him like I always do (I was gone) so took it upon himself to chomp the little guys. There seems to be a couple less of my Platy fry too. :eek: I tried to get him a new home before I left but it didn't work out. So I guess I will trade him in for some other fish instead.

I saw my Blue Velvet shrimp mama has a big load of babies under her tail, I am guessing this is the same one as before since I never saw the shrimplets. I can't find my magnifying glass to look around the tank better. The fish looked well colored in there, but they were mostly hiding so I don't know if they are all there or not.

The pair of Koi Angels (37Gstill looks like they aren't doing their jobs for the tank to be a breeding tank yet...

The 3rd wheel left out Koi Angel which is in the 16G now because he was being very mean to the 4 new baby angels I had brought home, survived the being caught 2x and moved to 2 different tanks before I left. I was wondering because he was hugely stressed. But he is alive! I imagine there aren't many, if any Platy fry left in that tank. There were 15-20 babies in there before, very small too. :nono:

The 72G tank still has the previous 4 Angel babies alive and well colored. Other than missing the 3 Neons and possibly 2 Cardinals missing It seems the rest are there.

My little 6.6G Edge tank looks like all the fish are there and the Fire Red Shrimp look alright too. This tank is in a different room so it didn't get fed as often.

One Oto did die in the 37G while I was gone, I had the report while I was away.

Have been looking at special Bettas online. WOW! There are some of my dream fish I saw :dance: I have to make up my mind, cause I can't get a big bunch of them, lol!

Added water to the rest of the tanks that needed it, and fed all of them.
Overall not as bad as it could have been. I have a lot of water changes and filters to clean! Glad to be back!

Well I am really not happy with this tank right now. I haven't had the funds to upgrade for bigger wood and stones since I upgraded from 29g to 55g over a year ago. So I just keep moving around my same pile of wood and stones... lol. But here is a pic from today regardess.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391436085530.jpg
    1391436085530.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 88
Well I am really not happy with this tank right now. I haven't had the funds to upgrade for bigger wood and stones since I upgraded from 29g to 55g over a year ago. So I just keep moving around my same pile of wood and stones... lol. But here is a pic from today regardess.

Looks nice and roomy. I like the different depth clay pots/hiddey holes!

Just a suggestion...I think the DW would look nice directly on the sand on the left side. To make room for that I would pile the rocks on the right side somewhere between the filter intake and the spray bar. Make that the focal point. Has something to do with drawing the eyes away from the center of the tank and breaking up any symmetry. The clay pots are decorative and functional and can be incorporated into the "rock pile". Just my two cents. I understand some of the points that can lead to a good scape, however, actually achieving them really takes an artistic eye. My efforts have often been called "crop" or "farm like" because I have trouble following even my own advice. Good luck and continue to post any changes. Looking forward to whatever you come up with.

Hi you can collect plenty of decor for free,just look around any local woodlands and find some suitable branches,just make sure its not rotten{a good squeeze will show if its rotten or not if it 'crumbles' or feels soft leave it alone}Sorry I have forgotten which trees are fish safe,but thin Oak and Silver birch are OK? But i would check on here first! Also rocks and pebbles are easy to find,almost anywhere,just give a dam good clean and rinse and then give the 'vinegar' treatment{just pour some on and see if it reacts,if it does leave well alone!}This is the joy of bigger tanks as the local shop simply do not usually have big enough decor!

Hi done a water change yesterday and cleaned out my fluval 405 and rescued the usual several hundred shrimps!!! I also installed my latest light a Gro beam 600. Looks very different to my 'old' T5s Just have to wait and see if the plants agree!?

Finally attempted to get my flame scallop to where I can see him, Now how long hell stay is another story. Had to take some rocks and coral out to move the rock he is attached to in a shady but visible place. This was not an easy task! LOL. Here he is now on the side of tank, closed up now of course.

Back
Top Bottom