What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1443577562.469362.jpg
Was away for 2 days so gave both fresh and saltwater tanks Mysis shrimp when I got home. Topped off the freshwater and unbunched the cabomba.
Got a new phone so tested camera with new tank shot.
Changed my protein skimmer on the salt water tank before I had left.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hard to see detail, but the fts looks good!

Too much on my plate. Did 2.5G fill on the 35G and 5G combined.

I don't have enough time right now to post hardly let alone do enough maintenance.

Lfs was closed today and getting a refill for SW and RO/DI Wednesday. To get the pwc done, long over due. Feed change the light from one tank to the other, working one light on 3 tanks right now.

Was away for 2 days so gave both fresh and saltwater tanks Mysis shrimp when I got home. Topped off the freshwater and unbunched the cabomba.
Got a new phone so tested camera with new tank shot.
Changed my protein skimmer on the salt water tank before I had left.

Looks nice! What size tank and what is your stock?

Ok here's a sucky pic of the 40g breeder. Most of the plants are young and haven't grown that much since they were purchased recently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1443662887335.jpg
    1443662887335.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 78
Not today but a couple of days back my tank went from this...
q6waRI0.png
to this...
XWlIOyu.png
It was long overdue for a trim!

Last edited:
Ok here's a sucky pic of the 40g breeder. Most of the plants are young and haven't grown that much since they were purchased recently.

Looks good! I like the rockwork. Once the plants grow in it will look even better!

Looks nice! What size tank and what is your stock?

It's a 55 gallon
1 Bolivian ram. Schools of diamond tetras and rasboras and sterba corys. Guppies, amano shrimp with 2 L104's.

I just stared at my fish today and marvelled at the fact that none are sick for a change (touch drift wood).
My mickey mouse platy is due so she's in the fry tank with four 8week old guppy babies. One of which is a confirmed boy, with his colourful tail developing not to mention his peduncle! The other three have some catching up to do as they are a bit smaller and only have a few faint spots of colour.
I've been trying to count the eyeballs in the platys belly haha. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the platy babies...

I just stared at my fish today and marvelled at the fact that none are sick for a change (touch drift wood).
My mickey mouse platy is due so she's in the fry tank with four 8week old guppy babies. One of which is a confirmed boy, with his colourful tail developing not to mention his peduncle! The other three have some catching up to do as they are a bit smaller and only have a few faint spots of colour.
I've been trying to count the eyeballs in the platys belly haha. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the platy babies...

I do the exact same thing, but I just watch for peace and I try to learn all the behaviors of my fish expecially my 3 female bettas

Didn't feel like doing any homework today so I ended up vaccuming my 75 gallon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Overfed my fish by accident I think. No issues though

Hi all.

Finally got to the 72G pwc - 1/3rd. Keep dreaming about doing a auto top off and water change system. Also dreaming of a 92G (or 150G) Bowfront for Discus....... lala land! If I can find a real good deal.

Going to move the 4 Siamese algae eaters / SAE into the 72G probably tonight or maybe in the next day or 2. Want to have enough time to watch how they are doing afterwords.

Filled all the outside tubs of plants for evaporation. Need to give some duckweed to a friend of my daughters who has a bunch of GF and Koi in a pond. Posted it locally and no one wants any!!! I am wondering how to make fish food out of it.

Changed out my substrate and cleaned top to bottom

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1443934731173.jpg
    1443934731173.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 72
PWC in both my tanks. Saved a platy fry from the main filter, and played count the fry in the tanks.
5 in the main tank and about 9 in the fry tank so far. All between 3 and 2 days old.

Absolutely nothing. Was at an auction most of the day. Setup, various tasks, cleanup. Sold a bunch of plants, bought some good portions of red root floaters and subwassertang. Witnessed a lot of folks with MTS buy fish left and right. Super deals on fish and equipment: Fluval 404 $50, AquaClear 70 $22, 20 long $14, pair of 10g tanks $4

Back
Top Bottom