What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well corals are still acclimating but I did get a sneak peak at my new blond lipstick naso tang .

img_3350522_0_c3312b0138929eac5e210f980ccc46c3.jpg

well corals are still acclimating but I did get a sneak peak at my new blond lipstick naso tang .

img_3350586_0_c3312b0138929eac5e210f980ccc46c3.jpg

Wow! Awesome looking creature!

Fresh, that DW combo looks great in the tank!!!

Did a quick couple of pwc on the 2 - 12G tanks. 3G on the TT Mr. Aqua and half gallon on the Edge.

After looking for about 10 minutes the other night still saw only one nice berried TT and not more than that. :(

Bummed I had to miss the Aquarium Society annual Spring auction and work today instead. Probably just saved me a ton of money on the bright side.:(

Exhausedly looking at different Rock Flower Anemones online, after realizing my clock in the living room was still off in winter time, all my phone calls to lfs went unanswered / none of the lfs were open because it was after 6pm! ugh! Was trying to get a head start for any possible deals.

Changed out sumps 0.o the 75g sump I had on my 210g was too big for the stand. I switched to 2x 20g longs both are connected by a water bridge thanks to a buddy on another forum. So much happier with the change. Too bad it broke my cycle. Finished my cycle the same day and now I'm stuck in a mini cycle. So close to ordering fish. Ordered my fish food and also received my Poret filter sheets in the mail today. I picked 30 ppi and 45 ppi

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

img_3350597_0_c3312b0138929eac5e210f980ccc46c3.jpg

Wow! Awesome looking creature!

thank you I think I spent your bank roll
wife named him lips I think this is one of the coolest fish I have and I have some strange looking characters in my tanks

5g change in the 29g; hauled out a couple BIG bristle worms in the process.

Weekly scrub-pad work in the 75g. Prepping for tomorrow's 15g PWC.

Daily check of the 'pod culture – still have a good number of live ones, so I guess it's doing OK...

Added a valentini puffer to my tank, and mixed up a fresh batch of saltwater for my water change tomorrow; also got a letter from my housing; implementing a new pet policy, so I'll be breaking down a couple of tanks, and quite sadly and possibly having to give up my companion my loving dog Hattie.

Weekly 15g wc in the 75g

Checked the 'pods

Mounted another Christmas Tree – one or two more babies coming later this week

More pics of the Mandarin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 60
Did a 50% wc on the 75g.
Got a new silver dollar to bump up the school's numbers.
Got a bag of floating plants (not sure what they are, they weren't labeled). I've wanted to try floating plants for a while, so I figured that for $2 a bag I would. I had to rig up a little partition so they couldn't get near the hob filter, but they look great!

Got a decent shot of my chubbery, spikedy Spotted Raphael Catfish.

It doesn't really reflect the giant size she is but its nice for color.

The moss ball is the size of a graqpefruit - almost a softball size.

60074-albums11380-picture69959.jpg

60074-albums11380-picture69962.jpg

I haven't been on in a while so I'll catch you all up. Starting out with my newest 10g planted well I was sick for a while and couldn't turn on the lights for a week so a lot of the plants didn't like that and died the remaining plants will be moved out of the tank so I can clean the tank and re-boil the driftwood and they will be moved back once I get a new light. The 40g is green and there are sprouts everywhere. The 55g community it healthy and the algae is gone finally I have lost a few more neons to the butterflyfish. Finally the cichlid tank is doing well, it's pretty calm and empty in there so I plan to and some more fish soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure if my 'pod colony is succeeding or failing...

Lots died within the first couple of days but it appears to have a reasonable number still moving about...about 100 by my guesstimate.

The initial count was whatever comes in a bottle of Tigger Pods®

Per the throwback-from-the-sixties kid at my LFS, I set up a shallow tub with about 1" of aquarium water, tinted it green with Phyto Feast Live® and added the 'pods...

Also tossed in a couple of pieces of base rock for the little beasties to play in...

Kid says no air needed due to good surface area...

Patience is the key, I know, but how soon _might_ it become obvious one way or another: success or slow death?

The red Tigger pods that come in the bottle do not thrive like tisbe or larger types. From what I was told they will reproduce for maybe 8-10 generations and then die out.
I seeded my refugium with pods from ReefsToGo, now named AquariumDepot when they had their buy 1000 get 1000 deals. They send a mix of 3-5 types of pods. They often have free shipping deals, now you can get 500 pods and some macros for $20, http://www.aquariumdepot.com/aquarium-life-salt/all-free-shipping-packages/refugium-macro-packs/ probably about what the Tigger pods cost.
I also got these;
Amazon.com : Poseidon's Feast : Live Marine Copepods - 3000+ Tisbe & Tigriopus Pods - 16oz : Pet Supplies
and have had great success with them.

I have pods all over the place now and have seen the different types come and go in population explosions. I have had the refugium running for about 9 months now. I used a mix of Fiji Mud and oolite sand for substrate and the pods love it and burrow into it all the time. A ball of chaeto also is a great medium for the pods to reproduce in.

Lost my GBR. Gourami must have stressed him to death. Replaced with a Bosemani Rainbowfish cool wired looking fish. Did a PWC on Saturday watched snails eat algae

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lost my GBR. Gourami must have stressed him to death. Replaced with a Bosemani Rainbowfish cool weird looking fish. Did a PWC on Saturday watched snails eat algae

I cut out a ~1-2" strip of the Glosso along the front glass. Carpet was getting thick. I also reburied the base of the DW because it was a bit too tall (stirred up the detritus a bit):
VH5b51Sh.jpg
w0vcHwIh.jpg
xSrJMjdh.jpg

All I did today was check the parameters of my sw tank, yesterday I added, a banded coral shrimp, emerald crab, and a couple of hermits too.

We had a power outage and as I filled for evaporation and then was pouring water into the tank FROM the tank to aerate I decided to do pwc on the tanks to maximize my efforts.

So did pwc about 35G on the 72G. It really needed one anyway. Did 3-4G on the 2 12G tanks and filled the little nano SW but think I wil do a water check and do a pwc. I was running out of warm water so decided to wait on it.

I added minerals mix to the pwc on all the FW tanks to keep the KH measurable.

Power came back on as I was shoveling a path to the car to charge up my phone, lol. It is the "blizzard of 2016" here in Colorado right now. We have about 12-18" since middle of the night. :eek: Got a snow day from work and they shut down the highway anyhow. So happy the power is on now!!! Fish are happier too. They like air! I was a bit stressed because I fed them pretty well last night and was worried about ammonia building up so I added Prime too first thing when it happened.

I still need to get some battery operated air pumps and extra batteries!!! Anyone have any recommendations on which to get or NOT to get?

well today discovered my blond lipstick naso tang has popeye , chased him around almost 2 hrs getting him in QT,
I need to get out and get some meds , but 2 ft of snow don't help much hopefully tomorrow will be a better day ,

Today must be the day of death.

All I did today was look at my 75g when I got home.

And discovered this. It was my xmas present...

(And I still don't know why my pictures rotate when I post 'em.)
img_3351563_0_1a99a8726ff14996d97d958f26611c4d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today must be the day of death.

All I did today was look at my 75g when I got home.

And discovered this. It was my xmas present...

(And I still don't know why my pictures rotate when I post 'em.)

How big was the clam?

Back
Top Bottom