What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear thing's didn't go well for your blue rasbora, you've been wanting those for a while, at least they didn't sell them to you.
You got more little cories! I think they're so sweet, been seriously thinking of adding some in with my boraras when my new one's finish QT. Careful when you move that tank!
Well, pwc on my boraras things looking good for all of them, the one with the half tail is growing back! I'm seriously thinking my boraras like baby shrimpies :eek: doesn't seem as many as usual and the little guy's love hunting through my plant's Lol
Have a struggling crs for 2 day's he's been laying on his side not able to stand up sad to watch.
Gonzo has destroyed my lotus! so I might remove it, just hope I can take it out without leaving roots behind.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Did the weekly 20% water change today. Looks like I really did lose two of my five amanos after buying them just last week, but the other three seem hardy. And I still have all 11 neons, too. :dance:

I then spent much of the afternoon researching cooling fans for aquariums: we're having a mild heat wave here in LA, and my apartment doesn't have AC, so the tank temp gets worryingly high. Trouble is, the common review of all these products seems to be "cheaply made." Hmm... :nono:

Sorry to hear thing's didn't go well for your blue rasbora, you've been wanting those for a while, at least they didn't sell them to you.
You got more little cories! I think they're so sweet, been seriously thinking of adding some in with my boraras when my new one's finish QT. Careful when you move that tank!
Well, pwc on my boraras things looking good for all of them, the one with the half tail is growing back! I'm seriously thinking my boraras like baby shrimpies :eek: doesn't seem as many as usual and the little guy's love hunting through my plant's Lol
Have a struggling crs for 2 day's he's been laying on his side not able to stand up sad to watch.
Gonzo has destroyed my lotus! so I might remove it, just hope I can take it out without leaving roots behind.

Those Lotus leaves are pretty easily damaged but the bottom roots are usually still good. But Gonzo is kinda fierce.....

Sorry to hear of the crs. Yes so sad.

Got the 2 12G tanks moved. Had to do an additional pwc on each to be able to lift them, lol! 75% on Mr. Aqua and 4G on the Edge. Now I have a mess of wires and misc from having to change their locations.

Also found at least 6 electrical timers in the drawer ranging from the old style that you plug a lamp into when you go on vacation to a few digital ones, which are probably too complicated for me :rolleyes: But, maybe I will hook up the lights to them.

Ugh...Just found out that on a different wall where my SW nano is the wire was tugged and the cord for the power strip got loose and my tank filter hasn't been running for about 9 hours. One of my snails was trying to climb out of the tank! :nono: Anyway it got plugged in now but the filter won't restart, I'm gonna have to clean it out.

Always something!

Early clean on my elephant nose tank, took 60% out since I had to remove the lotus! The roots pulled out really easily and I don't think the plant was doing very well and Gonzo didn't help! Cleaned his filter's and impeller, trimmed the cabomba a bit.
The little crs that has been struggling is still the same :( don't want to euthanize him as he's still trying to eat, definitely think he's injured himself somehow.
All boraras doing fine, this Thursday I'll be adding my 22 to the tank!
Sadly my little crs died, and I've noticed one of my bamboo dying as well ? so I've just done an emergency clean on my tank, so fed up this tank has been nothing but heartache. While my amanos in Gonzos tank are coming up for 5 yrs without any death's. So confused.

Last edited:
~30% water change on the newly dirted/planted/setup tank. Added a BUNCH of new plants to this tank without quarantining them.... :eek: Got a pair of baby snails in that bunch of plants. Who would have thought?

Realized that 4tbsp of peat pellets may have been too much for a 5 gallon tank. Thought I was having another algae bloom, but got to looking and realized it's brown water not green. Cories and Otocinclus seem to REALLY like it though. :fish2:

Gave my Betta's some dwarf water lettuce in their tanks. One of them has already made a bubble nest around his.

Got up this morning to a dead bamboo shrimp and crs ? really becoming fed up! So I had to do another pwc incase the water wasn't so good.
Found a few baby blue phantom shrimp today so tiny!
Fish are doing fine.
Took a picture of my shrimp and boraras sharing a algae wafer. 1466524264594.jpg1466524278120.jpg

Did a 20% water change on the new tank. Looks like the cycle is finally starting to kick off.

~30% water change in the cory/oto tank tonight, found one of my oto's dried up and stuck to the back wall above the water line.... Kind of bummed about that, not sure how it happened, or how he got up there.

Floated an ice-bottle for a half-hour today: came home to find the tank temp had risen to 80.2 thanks to this heat wave. :eek: Got the temp back down to 78.6. This evening's a bit cooler; fingers crossed things start to level off.

Added my new boraras to my display tank, all have joined together zooming around the tank!
That's 42 I have in my 30 and you wouldn't think so they're soo tiny! Cute little guy's ?
My bamboo shrimp had a successful molt I'm pleased to say.
All doing well in Gonzos tank. 3 amano shrimp are carrying eggs again, sad they aren't going to come to anything.

Wife got me 2 new oscars! An albino tiger oscar and a tiger oscar

Sent from my LG-H901 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wife got me 2 new oscars! An albino tiger oscar and a tiger oscar

Gorgeous! Love Oscar's ☺

Gorgeous! Love Oscar's ☺

Yes me too! That makes 5 now for my tank. 3 reds 1 albino tiger and 1 tiger

Yes me too! That makes 5 now for my tank. 3 reds 1 albino tiger and 1 tiger

Wow! Lucky you :cool: I don't have room for 1 sadly, but you never know!

I'm eagerly awaiting signs of growth from my new plants. I decided to go for broke with my lighting. I set up my quad t5HO over my favourite tank. Swapping from a dual t5 to the quad is a bit of a game of Russian roulette with algae, but I mounted the quad setup 6 inches above the waterline. My last light was sitting directly on the tank. Hopefully the light level doesn't cause a nasty algae bloom.

I added some AR mini and HC in the foreground through the week. The AR mini has been a slight pain to keep planted but I'm hopeful that it's about ready to start growing. The plants I've replanted have good signs of root growth after a few days. The HC has been easier. I just tied clumps to some flat rocks. I've tried HC before when I was running less light. It died a creeping death. Hopefully all my plants establish this time. I hate it when I can't make a plant thrive.

The school of endler guppies has settled in well. I love having one species with so much variety in their coloration. If these guys don't breed for me I think I'll give up any hope of breeding fish.

2 weeks after ordering an led update hood for my aquastyle620, it turned up, after about a year of putting up with the old fluro lid and it's buzzing, she's' back on stealth mode, mmm silence

Last edited by a moderator:
And I decided my yeast diy co2 and to go after only being up for a week, replaced it with a baking soda-citric acid one, sooo much better, sooo much easier

Tested the water. All good but nitrates are a bit up still. Vacuumed and PWC 30%. Removed plastic bioballs and added Biohome ultimate. Will be swapping out funky ceramic rings for Biohome over the next month. If these rings have a single pore in them I can see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

More PWC's Nitrates are up post WC on my little tank. The big one needs to get it's cycle on so I can start moving fish over.

I added water to 46gallon to start the cycle process. Also sat on the patio and made a few more plants and mounted 3 more peices of driftwood. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466889819.097850.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466889831.112459.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466889842.149781.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466889850.485472.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1466889860.102553.jpg
Forgot to take pictures of the driftwood.

While doing a big trim of floating leaves to enable me to feed my guies better I spotted some fry. I bought endler guppies because I wanted something that v would breed and finally it's happened. Biggest one ib saw was about 4mm long. Some tank watching seems to be in order for this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom