What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, they are! I had one a long time ago and she had babies maybe 30. In the end only one was left, it was one of the bigger babies!!!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Tanks are looking okay livestock wise.

Saw the babies PRL shrimp.

Moved a ~130 mostly female and juvenile Guppies, Endlers into a bucket today. They are going to a new home on Tuesday, because of snowy day forcast for Monday.

There are about 75 left in the tank. They aren't very smart, but they eventually figured out to stay away from the big blue net. �� so tomorrow I will try the black net. Even if I can scoop out about 30 that would be great. Then again might try in the morning on Tuesday as well.

There are maybe 10 females which I would like to keep.

After moving over the Hyphessobrycon Wadai Tetras, I believe they will eat up most fry based on their aggressive eating style .So population control agents.

In the tank I found a handful of the females to be looking thin. So I began treatment for them.

Fed the fish some defrosted cyclops to all the fish. And some formula 2 for the Mandarin Goby, and the Congos and Wadai. Of coursebthey love it.

Also I have noticed the largest couple of Clown Loaches coming to the end of the tank to give me a heads up they are hungry. So of course I have to feed them!

I have to find more interesting things to do, like you guys. ;)

1. Checked the compression fittings on the tank and my computer (Sunday ritual).
2. Installed (I hope) better mounting cups for my heater.
3. Spent some time trying to figure out a solution for a too loud air pump.

I know, boring in comparison.

Water changes
QT 50%
5G PRL shrimp 90 ounces then another 60 ounces ( its a 30 ounce cup)

30G Waterbox 10G, water changes in 2 b2b - removed a large amount of Christmas and Java moss mixed in a corner just growing hair algae. Going to put in a dim environment until the hair algae is gone. Worked on another cup about a month ago.

12G 5G in 3 b2b changes. Removed a big bunch of MTS. Cleaned out the fine filter pad and prefilter. shook the plants and got a bunch of poo and old food out. Hoping for the best, but left off the prefilter for a few hours to get the most of it.

Wine Glass 1G

SW will be 5G tonight and tomorrow maybe the 80G tank filter... ugh it's gonna be bad.

The 80G has about 10 now adult Guppy & Endlers living in the back filtering area. No doubt there could be babies now compounding the problem.

At least a couple beautiful males, I have tried 3 times to capture and 0 fish in custody. There are 2 big pumps and tubes along with electrical cords plus of heaters and compartments. Hard to get them for sure.

Cleaned the prefilter pad yuck.

As for the excess Guppies and Endlers I caught a large number in total probably 140.

The Wadai Tetras will be moving over to the 72G should be this weekend. Since there are ~22 I think I will keep appx. 6 in the 30G. Maybe some eggs will turn to babies.

Still conflicted on fish groups in which tanks. The male Guppies and Endlers total about 50 but are spread out in 4 locations.

I am considering moving them to the 30G and increasing the the filter to a AC 110 which is max 500G p/h.

Right now it has a 30 - 70 max 300G p/h and a 20 which is max 100G p/h It probably isn't worth the extra cost, ???. Hmmm. I have an older AC 110 with a bad motor and a little crack on the top edge, so maybe a new motor would be worth it. More hmmm, I wonder where it is in the fish storage / supply room.

Never a dull moment.

Also want to get a bunch of cool aquarium stones to tie Subwassertang to and sell them / trade to the lfs. Also some small DW pieces and uses both to add moss and Java Fern. The Wine Glass tank is half full of Subwassertang right now, can't see anything!

Each day I clean a other tank. (WC 30%). today I'v cleaned the tank Upper floor in the anteroom.
It contain catfishes, Corydoras, Garra and some killifishes Gardneri.
Large Crypto, Madagascar, Echinodorus in potts.
To morrow I must work in the shrimp tank. That's difficult. A other water
(ph 6, KH 0.8). I go to a drain of high moor. drive 50 km. Each time 60 Liter.
It must be tempered.
I take out the Plant pots. I Succt the floor. I give back the new water with a very thin hose. Bee shrimps are very sensitive.

One of my friends who also has aquariums is shutting down a couple tanks, and has some fish to give me - a few Cories Albino and Green and Neons regular and Black, a BN Pleco, and a fish I haven't kept, a breeding bunch of Bolivian Rams, parents and now adult babies. I did keep a pair of GBR one time. These all will go to the 72G after QT.

Maybe will move all the fish in the 30G over to the 72G, Wadai, male Guppies and Pencilfish. Then use the 30 as the QT. These are long established fish so shouldn't be any issues other than I think their water is harder than mine. Anyhow, sometime this week.

Pretty happy about that.

Had a busy day yesterday - and today.

Yesterday scooped out approximately 70 total Guppies and Endlers They went to a new home today!!!

Did a 40G pwc in the 72G.

Today

Then I was gifted 2 beautiful male Guppies look like a lavender Mosaic - they had been purchased as a different fish, I think Purple Moscow, but are for sure not that type Guppy. They went to QT.

Emptied out the 30G Waterbox tank of the 7, maybe was 8 ??? Pencilfish, ~20 Wadai and moved over the Guppies and Endlers to the 72G.

Shockingly those Wadai can lay flat under a rock. Several times I thought I had them all but there was still another one left. AND there is still one in the tank a lone sneaker. Will need to catch him too.

Had to remove a ton of moss and Java Ferns, and to capture all the fish, took out 5 DW, and stones and giant moss ball. Because they kept hiding under river rocks, which was basically all that was left other than the Flamingo Crypts.

Stirred up clouds of muck. Filtered it all out and did a 10 gallon pwc.

Cleaned the fine filter pad and water sock plus 3 other large filter pads from the back of the FW 80G AIO Innovative Marine lagoon aka Congo's Lazy River Tank.

Had to restart the Fluval FX-5 on the 72G because I was getting some gurgles / air bubbles from the bubbler getting bumped right next to the intake. Oops. Vigorous fish capturing attempts!

Couldn't catch any Guppies from the back of the 80G filtering compartment :/

And did another 50% pwc on the QT.

Check out this new contest thread!!!

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/foru...020-who-doesnt-like-a-contest-usa-374970.html

:BIG:

So far, just one member added a post for the contest!!! Pretty good odds right now! Also located in contests forum!

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/foru...020-who-doesnt-like-a-contest-usa-374970.html

So new fish from my friend the other day after she is shutting down her bigger tanks.

I am a keeper of Bolivian Rams now appx 10+ . They like hiding :/ .

Then there was a big bunch of fat Cories. Fat Cories? Yes! I added a little log which was in a previous shrimp tank and the next afternoon I see this - focus not on the odd Albino Cory standing almost on its head, but to the right in the log, the head and a little part of the body of the other Cory sticking out the top!

60074-albums11380-picture72764.jpg

It seems like the other one/ albino, its old tank mate from the other tank, is worried. It is alive and well, as I thought it was dead for a second, and then saw the one which was stuck!

So it took a few different attempts to get the stuck one out but it also is still alive and a bit scraped.

All together about 9 Cories. A Salt and Pepper Pygmy Cory Catfish (Corydoras habrosus), an enormous Peppered Cory (Corydoras paleatus) 3 or 4 Albino and maybe 5 Bronze or green C. Aeneus.

Several of these guys are older Cories maybe about 6ish years old and the rest are about 5 years and that is close to an average Cory lifespan.

So unknown how long they will last.

But a number of them - they are chubby! Funny to watch, look like Pot bellied pigs swimming around, but I believe they will trim down some.

Then there were a few Neons.

And a now I have a bunch of Bolivian Rams, they are mostly Juveniles half grown I think. Never had Bolivians before. Will be finding out more. Mostly they are hiding.

Not sure if I posted the pics of the little CPO
60074-albums11380-picture72755.jpg

60074-albums11380-picture72756.jpg

Things are going okay.

Trying to find a new to me SW tank - STILL!

Finally I had a day off today and could clean a glass of my tank and on top of it I cleaned and organized all the living room of my real estate in Forte Dei Marmi. With cleaning it's always like this... you start with one thing and finish with cutting bushes outside of your house too :lol:

Finally I had a day off today and could clean a glass of my tank and on top of it I cleaned and organized all the living room of my real estate in Forte Dei Marmi. With cleaning it's always like this... you start with one thing and finish with cutting bushes outside of your house too :lol:

Welcome Kisaro!

Yes, so easy to get on a roll! Hope you take a few minutes to just enjoy the works progress. I would say completion, but I am re doing a room and a space where my plants, bioactive terrariums, isopods, springtails, a shrimp tank and QT tank are - and it's a days long process of making progress.

Also what I am doing is cleaning, sorting, reorganizing and reimagining these spaces. Making some spots for children to be able to see and learn about our natural world.

With different types of wood, shells and gems and minerals, books for animals, wildlife, plants etc. very fun, and the room will also be my office. I'm making a desk of a scrap marble piece and legs.

Will sand and paint an old beat up White Clad phone stand for a new aquarium. And maybe it will be right next to my diy desk.

Will probably close down my QT 5G Spec V and switch it for the old 6.6G PRL shrimp tank. Musical tanks.

And this week, maybe finally get the special power sand ordered for the 12G Edge, been sitting empty waiting, since maybe June with 3 choices of substrate. FLUVAL Shrimp Stratum, Shrimp King Dennerle, or FlorinVolcanit Rio Escuro-XF. So that's where all my shrimp money went lol.

From scruffy cluttered mess of stuff to a fun office, playroom for little ones and me!

My challenge is to buy very little amount of stuff to create this and (pend very little money) and get RID of the too much part.

Very happy it's finally happening, #blessed. (y)

Last edited:

It's the same then I go in my garden. I plan this and this and if I go home is only the half done. Next time I plan less.

My 2 ADFs have been in for a week and still no cycling in Nitrites or Nitrates.

But, I brought down the Ammonia from 1.0ppm yesterday to 0.5ppm today and treated again with Prime on top of yesterday's 50% PWC.

There's been bacteria supplemented into the tank all week, so I'm not sure why it says zero Nitrites/Nitrates. Feel like the Ammonia should be eaten alive at this point to produce one of those.

Frogs seem to love the tank....!:D

Been watching the fish a little more.

Have at least 5 teeny tiny PRL shrimp, so tiny. The group is growing.

My recent addition Bolivian Rams are getting a bit more bold. Swim around the front of the tank. Still have 7 of their remaining previous tank mates to bring home soon. Their previous owners tank is shutting down!

Thinking of possibly shutting down the big 80G. Maybe checking on what the future fish situation would be.

Almost bought a used SW cube rimless tank, but then read some reviews of the tank possibly there are better tank options out there.

The 4 baby Congo Tetras grew about double in a week were smaller then Neons - surprising. Looking even bigger now and already have colors!

Getting mosses to make a new mossarium / terrarium, bioactive containers with pretty plants. Also got a really awesome miniature Orchid. So tiny. And plants for the present terrarium. Also going to be making a bog container with my daughter out of an old Fluval Edge aquarium.

Which also is soon, switching the PRL shrimp cube to a terrarium perhaps. Also shopping for a 12G long local used tank for a succulent window garden for the spare room.

Excited to get a new SW tank asap!!!

Interesting discovery... the little "Congo Tetra" babies are not Congo Tetras, but Giant Danios. And they are crazy maniacs swimming like zig zagging tornadoes. The color I noticed began to look "off" with a more distinct pattern forming. Then it took a week or 2 to be triple sure. In the past week, they can definitely be identified as Giant Danios.

Bummer.

Anyway what can you do. Many baby fish look very similar.

I might try to exchange them or find a new home for them. They are way to busy for my liking. It is like they are on double fast forward mode.

Earlier this month I ordered a big bunch of terrestrial moss and forest plants and the order was delayed for days and might come tomorrow. Maybe 13 days.

Did you start breeding with the danios, or was it extensive in the community aquarium? It happens. I hadn't had Gardneri for half a year, when young fish appeared. It was a shrimp tank. It is probably a safeguard for the conservation of these killies. But with tetras?

Did you start breeding with the danios, or was it extensive in the community aquarium? It happens. I hadn't had Gardneri for half a year, when young fish appeared. It was a shrimp tank. It is probably a safeguard for the conservation of these killies. But with tetras?

Oh no, not from eggs like Killis. Hope they didn't eat your shrimp????!

These babies came from the pet store, but since they were smaller than young Neon Tetras, and were all silver and had the similar shape I, and the sales person believed them to be Congo Tetras. They must have been put into the tank by mistake, as the other tank mates listed on the labels were not Giant Danios. Or grabbed at the fish seller incorrectly.

My group of Congo Tetras were similarly sized when I first got them, and silver as well. So although I wouldn't be able to tell them apart, probably at that very small size, it is disappointing that they are not Congo Tetras.

Since I am not traveling out very often, I will probably take these 4 back IF I can even capture them to my very close store, not the one they originally came from because its much further away.

Their erratic swimming causes all the fish be disrupted all the time. Very unsettling in the tank. They disturb all the peacefulness. For a minute all is quiet, then the fish start scattering in all directions and guess who darts by?!? :facepalm:

Anyhow.

Picked up some new Tigger Pods for the Mandarin(Goby) Dragonet. New frozen mini Mysis shrimp. They are small like little worms, and all the fish really love them! Slurp them right in!

The very local lfs had one lonely Marble Hatchetfish so I was walking out and saw him by himself and bought him to hang out with the Silver ones. He's in QT right now. Just call me "sucker". He was $5. what can I say. Haha.

The lfs hadn't seen me in a long while, so we talked about some plants and Bettas.

Picked up 15G RO/DI.

Got all the little things put away. Acclimated the pods and the Hatchet. Did a water change on the QT tank, did one a few days ago, even though there are just a bunch of snails and moss in there. I use the water to water plants and it gets low with evaporation too.

Scooped out about 6 handfuls of Subwassertang to make some room in the tank as it is again getting choked out by the very happy plant. It must love muck. Removed a bunch of MTS added to the Clown Loaches 80G tank. I saw a few Ghost shrimp, but not as many as usual.

Did 3 4G pwc back to back on the wine glass tank due to vacuuming and kicking up muck removing the Subwassertang.

If I didn't have fish in there, I would just leave the Subwassertang to fill up the whole thing, I love it so much!

Captured 2 Pygmy Cories and added them to the 30G where there are some more. Honestly thought there was only one left, and then there was another. So now they will have a little group again. There are maybe 5 or 6 in the 30G.

Moved out about 6 M Guppies and Endlers from the wine glass tank since I took out so much Subwassertang. Now appx. 11 in there.

60074-albums14728-picture72773.gif

60074-albums14728-picture72772.gif

This main Mosaic was recently traded for a bunch of mixed Guppies and Endlers, the other similarly colored one ended up getting captured and moved to the 30G.
60074-albums14728-picture72774.jpg

See there is still plenty of Subwassertang in there. Next for a trim is the out of control moss, but will probably use it for a few pieces of Spiderwood which was ordered and may or may not ever arrive with the Christmas crush of packages delayed.

Hoping everyone has a good New Year.

Also there is a thread about your upcoming project thoughts for 2021! Easier than a new years resolution!
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/new-year-2021-tank-plans-add-yours-here-375303.html

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/new-year-2021-tank-plans-add-yours-here-375303.html

The Congo tetra is a very beautiful fish. If I had bigger water!
A friend had. They need soft water and morning sun to spawn.
But the Giant Danio is also very beautiful, but smaller.
I still need smaller ones. R. maculata. Big swarm. I'll do it.
imm-005.jpg

The Congo tetra is a very beautiful fish. If I had bigger water!
A friend had. They need soft water and morning sun to spawn.
But the Giant Danio is also very beautiful, but smaller.
I still need smaller ones. R. maculata. Big swarm. I'll do it.
imm-005.jpg

Love all these little guys. Rasboras are really nice fairly hardy fish. Over the years my little group have dwindled to 2. Almost a year ago I bought 12 and unfortunately they didn't live through QT! So I am down to 2 now. I miss my old school of appx 15! They have been out of stock every time I called to buy them at the store which carries them in Boulder.

It is very possible I will be moving in a month or 2 and this means I need to reconsider the amount of aquarium things I am keeping. It has been the process of upgrading and now there are some extras. Time to clean out the closets!

Mr. Overfilter - planning, plotting and picturing the next aquarium idea(s)! :dance:

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

I had them many years ago. From an old breeder. In the 70s. Very good quality. (this is important). They reproduced in normal tap water. I sold them all. In 18 I tried again. I used very acidic water. pH 5.
Ground gravel, approx. 6mm. I won some young fish. Not much.
When it gets warmer, I'll order again. I found a stream in the mountains under a peat bog. pH <6, KH1. Comfortable scooping.
Ok, 25 miles. Does not matter.
I will success with it.

Back
Top Bottom