What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good D-fish an Arthur.

>>>>>>>>
I'm in the middle of moving. Moved the PRL tank 6.6G. Looked like no deaths, actually saw a teeny new shrimp fry. Going well

Preschool tank finally went to school.

5G spec V is just coasting and it will be posted for sale in a couple days.

30G Waterbox will maybe move today.

I have to play fish shuffle. And rehome some fish. :( not enough room ir time for maintenance.

Was considering using the 30G waterbox for a SW - I found an old HOB refugium I got used and never ended up using. Will need more research. Looking at maybe the a 36G bowfront for DH office, checking for a used one with a sleek stand used.

Sadder news day before on the ild glass 12G Edge 3 of the 4 remaining Chili Rasboras died in transit. The shrimp and babies are good, and the pair of remaining Pygmy Cories are okay too. Water is obviously a little different one town away.

Also thinking of culling the PRL tank and add the less quality overvto the 12G. There are ~25 shrimp in the PRL 6.6G cube and only 4 plus babies in the 12G.

I need the Waterbox tank or a new to me 36G Bowfront to get started moving the fish to the new place more easily.

Also last Saturday when the movers were taking the big furniture, my SWvtank was on a shared piwer strip and it was unplugged for about 24 hours. When I came back, I discovered the problem. Thankfully, although initially I could only see my Clown Goby, all fish were found to be alive by the end of that day. It was hugely distressing.

Last edited:
Quick shout out for a new baby!!!
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f129/found-a-baby-rabbit-snail-376719.html#post3561501

And I have sold one tank, Goodbye Innovative Marine SR-80 Congo Lazy River. The Congos are going to a friend of mine and the tank went to a newer SW fish keeper (FW too) who has got MTS and loves her new hobby.

So I will get to see pictures of it.

Spent all day getting the tank emptied and cleaned up.

Found a really great surprise in the back overflow compartment.

About 15 Cardinal Tetras. I had thought they had just died off but never saw the bodies. I feel so much better that they didn't just die! Moved them to the 72G.

Have a 20G long with the misc. bottom fish 6 Clown Loaches and a small to med. Spotted Raphael Cat and a Dwarf Petricola. The remaining fish of 4. Probably at least 5-6 years old, the others could have been around 8 as the other person had them for appx. 3-4 years.

Anyhow, since I sold my bigger tank I can buy a new smaller SW tank, transfer the fish to the new house and then sell off that tank! Yay!!! Been scouting for a used / new to me ~35G.

Back to finish moving now.

Found a used SW tank. Arranged a meeting for Saturday morning. Won't yet discuss it, other than it's pretty awesome.

Did fish, tank switching. Got the Clown Loaches into the 72G.

Did pwc of 40-50% on all the tanks except SW and the 2 temporary tanks.

Trimmed some moss out of the Wine Glass tank.

New to me SW tank

Did this today.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/foru...ums-sw-tank-new-to-me-376756.html#post3561674

The tank is really pretty.

Last night sent the Rainbow shark to my friends at the lfs along with a gallon bag + of mosses and Subwassertang/Susswassertang. And 2 small parts for the lady who bought my big SW tank I was using for the Congos lazy river.

Moved the 30G Waterbox, separated the shrimp/plant ball type substrate from the super fine sand for an hour and in addition picked out as many MTS as possible probably had half of a cup of them.

Moved a few more FW fish, put the Betta in a 2G brandy snifter till tomorrow.

And will bring over some fish tomorrow to put in it.

I broke the HOB intake tube, but had a couple spare parts.

Today found that the hob filter on the SW remaining at the other house had overflowed the filter box because I added the filter floss pad on top and it clogged up some and oopsy, cleaned up mess

Slowly making progress!

Really needed this SW tank, but the projects are backed up. Need to move some planted containers, do not have room for all of them, so will keep 2 of the 5.

Bought some Azolla - tissue culture, and another one, can't think of the name at 2am.

And a got a female CPO, Orange Dwarf Crayfish, and some SW snails too.

Took down the wine glass tank. Added all switched around fush to their new homes.

Moved the Albino Cories to the 72G once again. All that's in the 5G Spec V are snails, Rabbit, MS, RH and MTS. Need to hook up the 110 AC on the 30G Waterbox.

Need to getvthe Rockwork set up in the new SW and connect the sump. Found the parts to do it day before.

Need to pull out a few more fish from the 30G to the 72G. Almost done.

I had replaced the substrate in one of my 29 a few weeks ago and spent a couple of hours cleaning up the plants - so this is how it currently looks:

Attachments

• 26_apr_2021_29g.jpg
    26_apr_2021_29g.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 28
Arthur, very wonderful news to have babies!
~~~~~~~~~

Moving, and it's crazy. Been working on the place forever.

Moved over the 6.6G PRL shrimp tank. Then decidedbto take down the OLD 12 Edge glass tank and put up the new glass tank I have had for about 11 months. BUT, upon observation, there are babies at least 5 very small Bee shrimp or PRL parent CRS. So I will not dump out tank contents to switch them to a new tank since I probably couldn't be sure to save the little guys. And I was waiting months and months dor babies since I got the bunches beginning in January 2020.

Going to sell the 80G Innovative Marine Lagoon tank. It's just not going to fit.

Will take the 72G and remove everything, so the movers can take it.

Then take the Cories and the Wadai Tetras and move them to the 30 G Waterbox. All the other fish can wait it out in the 80G before I put it up for sale. Move the stuff over and refill the 72G tank with the other fish.

Later will move the Clown Loaches over to the 72G. Not a perfect short term solution. But not the worst.

Will probably need to rehome a few fish. Also will move the SW tank to a different tank. Found a 35G low iron glass tank in a nearby town available
which I have "probably"
decided on. But if I find a proper SW tank and stand, I'll go for that, I have a week to decide.

Movers come this Saturday. I can move the other smaller tanks myself.

Every now and then 2 or 3 juvenile sewellia fish appear. Different size.
It was correct to use the flow pump.
They make a small foam nest in the vegetation on the surface.
There is little to read about it.

I had replaced the substrate in one of my 29 a few weeks ago and spent a couple of hours cleaning up the plants - so this is how it currently looks:

Looks very nice. I like how the Vals gather together at the top.

////////

Well things seem to have settled down in the tanks after moving the fish around yet again.

Will probably put together the new glass white 12G Edge. It's just been sitting waiting.

This is because I need to get the extra shrimp out of the 6G cube PRL tank so they can go to their new breeder home.

Finally this glass tank is getting built.

Filled with water and wow is it a mess.

60074-albums14852-picture72834.jpg

This is the substrate and it says don't need to rinse..... really?!!!

https://www.brightwellaquatics.com/products/rio_escuro_xf.php

I added about a 30 ounce cup of my old substrate which was rinsed with dechlorinated water.

Added a polishing filter pad and already rinsed it out once, going to do it again. And by the looks of it a bunch more times.

This is a basically standard build with what comes with the 12G Edge tank, in white, with my already owned for a long time white stand. So they could match.

I just moved homes, and needed to shut down my PRL cube but the babies were all over and I didn't want to chuck it away with progress being made, but also needed to get the new tank set up and be rid of the cube. Due to cutting back on tanks.

So decided a friend will take the tank and grow out some premium PRL, sell the lower grades which still are really nice, and the culls will go too. Keep the mid grades and for a fun tank and keep breeding the beautiful premium shrimp to earn money and pay for shrimp keeping costs. Win, win, I think.

So captured all the shrimp I could find dividing them between the 2 options mainly, fun PRL tank and (2 culls went to the mixed Bee tank), super nice grade ones went back to the cube.

(Cubes getting picked up next week with about 14 shrimp, all sizes from barely able to see them, they are that small, to berried females and other adults and juveniles.) (y)

As for the others, the fun PRL tank will have nice shrimp but just not the highest grade, also have berried females and all sizes from just hatched to grown. Haven't got their tank clear yet, so not too sure how many, probably about a dozen +.

Spent half the day cleaning and sorting out half my fish stuff to organize it now that it is needing to go to a much smaller space in a closet. Still have half to go through. And reduce the amount - Booooo.

Need to build a few shelves to set the tubs in. Or maybe find a very close size to buy.

Got my new SW NiCrew 30W pendant light, used 1 month, new to me. Looks brand new.

Fun to find things I couldn't find for awhile, sorting out the abundance.

German Blue

Slowed dripped a German Blue Ram to introduce to an aquarium built just for him. Had my GH down to 6 dGH, and parameters stabilized. Dripped him for four hours as the LFS water was 18 dGH. Used a little Seachem Equalibrium in the tank and matched the water at 10 dGH. Trying to decide if I should lower the GH by mixing some tap water; I've been demineralizing RO to get the water a little softer, but would like to stabilize out at about 6. PH is 7, so I'm hoping maturing plants/more plants, and CO2 injection will help.

Slowed dripped a German Blue Ram to introduce to an aquarium built just for him. Had my GH down to 6 dGH, and parameters stabilized. Dripped him for four hours as the LFS water was 18 dGH. Used a little Seachem Equalibrium in the tank and matched the water at 10 dGH. Trying to decide if I should lower the GH by mixing some tap water; I've been demineralizing RO to get the water a little softer, but would like to stabilize out at about 6. PH is 7, so I'm hoping maturing plants/more plants, and CO2 injection will help.

Leaves and DW too!!! You can get long strand sphagnum peat moss and soak as well, using the water in part, and do more frequent but smaller pwc's.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keeping busy as usual.

Got the premium quality breeding PRL cube sent to it's excellent new home, and hoping the group of appx. a dozen all sizes from pin/new born size to berried, grow and keep breeding.

There are maybe a dozen in my new PRL tank.

Using a new to me item, although I have had it about a year, biofloc. Was feeling a little cautious about it, and already had done research, etc. before hand. My heat sealed package I thought was one huge pouch but turned out it really was 3 small ones, so I wasn't worried (as much).

Popped them in to the 2 shrimp tanks, PRL and mixed Bee/ PRL CRS / BB and waited. They all had a little attention pretty much all of the past week but today I went in and saw
60074-albums14852-picture72839.jpg

Very interesting!

Looking at ways to reduce the bioload on the 30G.

Watched Sunday as the Cories were going wild frolicking with each other for hours. (I saw them many, many times, but didn't just stare at it for hours, hahaha) It is a very fun tank to watch.

Maybe today will get the SW fish into their big tank and out of the temporary tank.

Sent

Anayalising this red plant and trying to ID it by the behavior.View attachment 320835

That looks promising. It is pretty. Where did you find it?

PWC on 30G Waterbox.

Day before, the extra filter AC 20 on the other end with plants growing out of it on the 5G Spec V, over-flowed about 2G of water onto the floor. It flowed on the floor like a curve and seemed like water could have been coming from the SW tank - maybe also??? It was under and beside both sides of it. I had an important appointment and had to leave.

After cleaning it up I left dry towels on all areas to see where it was when I got back. It was simply a LOT of water from the Spec V. So that was good, other than the scary mess.

Finally adding the SW fish to their new tank. The sump isn't set all the way yet... scary sump. I will get specific advice regarding it tomorrow. Maybe then all done. Would be very happy about that!

Seeds from wish app...impossible to know exactly what it is. I've done post on Reddit, tapatalk, Facebook, imgur, contacted friends and went to stores near my home...nobody knows..
That looks promising. It is pretty. Where did you find it?

PWC on 30G Waterbox.

Day before, the extra filter AC 20 on the other end with plants growing out of it on the 5G Spec V, over-flowed about 2G of water onto the floor. It flowed on the floor like a curve and seemed like water could have been coming from the SW tank - maybe also??? It was under and beside both sides of it. I had an important appointment and had to leave.

After cleaning it up I left dry towels on all areas to see where it was when I got back. It was simply a LOT of water from the Spec V. So that was good, other than the scary mess.

Finally adding the SW fish to their new tank. The sump isn't set all the way yet... scary sump. I will get specific advice regarding it tomorrow. Maybe then all done. Would be very happy about that!

This past Friday I introduced two Red-tailed Sharks, six Black Neon Tetras and three Blue Dwarf Gouramis into my 125G planted, community tank. The community consists of Glofish Tetras, Mollies, Albino Cories, Neon Tetras, Algae Eaters and a couple of fake Julii Cories...

Today performed a 60% pwc. Everyone seems to be getting along just fine. The java fern provides lots of cover for the RTS, so hopefully all will continue to behave.

Lfs was ALL out of pods for the SW tank.

Asked if I had the SW tank up and I said I was very close. He offered to come out and make sure it was set up correctly. I told him it was greatly appreciated but I was going to try one more thing first. And would let him know if there was a concern. Darn nice.

Bought a red Cyphastrea frag $10, quite hardy by the examples of it in their tanks (but they use lots more light.) And a 4 head Duncan with 2 maybe 3, heck could have been all of them as it was too bushy looking to see them clearly, of the heads in the middle of splitting $30.

Did the normal water change to my 40B but also did a massive pruning. Tank almost looks vacant now:

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom