What fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrfishypants

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What should I put in a freshwater 18 gallon tank what fish? How many?

What fish do you like. The size and kind of fish will determine how many you can get.

redsea said:
What fish do you like. The size and kind of fish will determine how many you can get.

Would like a nice selection with some personality.I have a rena xp2 filter with plants and bog wood. what would You choose?

So 2 rams 5 tetra 2 cories??? Any other combos you can think of? Just would like a few communities to play with.

Yes, she was talking about ram cichlids. You can get either a boy or girl, it doesn't matter. You can possibly get a pair of rams depending on the foot print of your tank. There are Bolivan rams, German blue rams, and German gold rams. Both germans are the same species, just a different color. Bolivians and Germans have essentially the same temperament and needs, but I recommend a Bolivian since they tend to be a little bit hardier.
Have you cycled your tank yet?
Another option would be a dwarf gourami, 8 neon tetras, and 6 pygmy corys. Or Instead of neons, 8 glowlight tetras, or 10 ember tetras.
There are tons of choices. Do you have any idea of what you like?

absolutangel04 said:
Yes, she was talking about ram cichlids. You can get either a boy or girl, it doesn't matter. You can possibly get a pair of rams depending on the foot print of your tank. There are Bolivan rams, German blue rams, and German gold rams. Both germans are the same species, just a different color. Bolivians and Germans have essentially the same temperament and needs, but I recommend a Bolivian since they tend to be a little bit hardier.
Have you cycled your tank yet?
Another option would be a dwarf gourami, 8 neon tetras, and 6 pygmy corys. Or Instead of neons, 8 glowlight tetras, or 10 ember tetras.
There are tons of choices. Do you have any idea of what you like?

Hi I would like as many different fish as possible sorry to be thick what do you mean by foot print? Thanks for answering and appreciate it

Hi I would like as many different fish as possible sorry to be thick what do you mean by foot print? Thanks for answering and appreciate it
No prob. The footprint is the dimensions of the bottom of the tank. Rams like to be on the bottom level of the tank, so by knowing the footprint, we can help you to more in deciding which species would be a good fit.:) Some fish need horizontal swimming room and some need access to the surface.
Do you know about cycling the tank to build up beneficial bacteria that break down the ammonia porduced in fish waste?

absolutangel04 said:
No prob. The footprint is the dimensions of the bottom of the tank. Rams like to be on the bottom level of the tank, so by knowing the footprint, we can help you to more in deciding which species would be a good fit.:) Some fish need horizontal swimming room and some need access to the surface.
Do you know about cycling the tank to build up beneficial bacteria that break down the ammonia porduced in fish waste?

The detentions are 35cm by 90cm I have a book but it's quite complicated could you simplify this please

The detentions are 35cm by 90cm I have a book but it's quite complicated could you simplify this please
Here is a link about cycling:
The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

Ok, those dimensions are fine for a pair of rams or just 1. Just checking.:)
With rams, I personally recommend a school of rymmy-nose tetras, neons, cardinals, or ember tetras because they all have lovely colors and are peaceful. There are other options too.

i recently got a pair of rams and i like the cardinal tetras with them. the red and blue goes swimmingly (lol) with the german blue rams.

Back
Top Bottom