what setup would you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keenfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
all i see is post of people wish to have limetess amounts of money to have ridculos size tanks with impossible tank mates. so here my Q what tank and setup would you like if you sat down and saved like crazy.

mine is i would like a 8ft planted tank with co2 system running 2 fx5s. with a few discus a rainbow shark a couple of blue rams and a few small fish schools (tetras)

My dream aquarium would be a custom built Acrylic monster that would measure 12' x 4' x 4' and would hold roughly 1600 gallons. I have no idea what filtration would be required to pull that off but most likely would need its own room. The stock for my tank would be small breeding group of Boulengerochromis microlepis aka The Emperor Cichlid from lake Tanganyika, they grow to a respectable 36".

Not impossible just very expensive it would have to be something you'd have to have figured into a home loan while building/ buying a house.

Attachments

• image-2139648334.jpg
    image-2139648334.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3406658325.jpg
    image-3406658325.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 78
  • image-2928645911.jpg
    image-2928645911.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 63
Mine would be a MASSIVE native biotope stocked with game fish from the local lakes, mostly bass, perch and sunfish, and maybe a few catfish to cover the bottom...or even more so, a smaller (~300-500 gallon) native stream biotope stocked with local minnows, crayfish and Brook Trout, but that one would be a lot more difficult to maintain, seeing how delicate brookies can be.

Agreeing with doing a native tank!

If I had the ability, I would set up an indoor paradise for an alligator gar. I have no clue how big of a tank it would have to be, considering they around ten feet. I would probably have other native fish in with him, but the main focus would be the gar. So, hopefully I can discover a new element or property of matter or something.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Agreeing with doing a native tank!

If I had the ability, I would set up an indoor paradise for an alligator gar. I have no clue how big of a tank it would have to be, considering they around ten feet. I would probably have other native fish in with him, but the main focus would be the gar. So, hopefully I can discover a new element or property of matter or something.

You'd need a huge pond! I don't think that would even for in a house! I'd be impressed if someone could pull it off though.

My dream tank would be 8-10 feet long, 2 feet wide and 2 feet tall and would be drilled at each end with one being the outlet and the other being the inlet with massive flow to create a "river" the water would be chilled and it would be scaped with a gravel substrate and some boulders. This tank would be stocked with trout, most likely brown trout. I'm a fisherman and have always liked the challenge of trout fishing especially on a river.

Back
Top Bottom