what to do if power is out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackmolly

Aquarium Advice Freak
it's been a really windy winter here, and i've been fortunate not to have lost power yet... but what should you do if the power does go out for an extended period of time? figured this could help other people too, since it seems to be a reacurring problem in some areas ;) and it's just good stuff to know. anybody up for story time?

The best thing to do is to have a generator or u can buy battery powered air pumps I believe

I live in Joplin Missouri and when we had that bad tornado, my power was out for almost 2 weeks. What I did was stick a couple battery powered air pumps in there, and kept a flashlight shining in there so my rope fish wouldn't try and eat anyone. It was summer so temp wasn't a problem but if we have ice storms this year (like we always do) I'll be turning on the fireplace that's nearby and wrapping the tank in blankets.

paytertot said:
I live in Joplin Missouri and when we had that bad tornado, my power was out for almost 2 weeks. What I did was stick a couple battery powered air pumps in there, and kept a flashlight shining in there so my rope fish wouldn't try and eat anyone. It was summer so temp wasn't a problem but if we have ice storms this year (like we always do) I'll be turning on the fireplace that's nearby and wrapping the tank in blankets.

Wow thats intense!! No loses?

interesting! never thought of using blankets! :) keep it coming guys!

Back
Top Bottom