What type of algae is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AJuris

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,
I’m trying to find out what kind of algae this is and what I need to do to get rid of it? I have Otocinculus Cats but they aren’t touching it. I just got some Amano Shrimp hoping they might do the trick. Do I need to get a Nerite Snail(s)? Any help would be great. Also why all of the sudden am I getting his Algea?

Attachments

• IMG_6365.jpg
    IMG_6365.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 38
Hello everyone,
I’m trying to find out what kind of algae this is and what I need to do to get rid of it? I have Otocinculus Cats but they aren’t touching it. I just got some Amano Shrimp hoping they might do the trick. Do I need to get a Nerite Snail(s)? Any help would be great. Also why all of the sudden am I getting his Algea?

Cyano bacteria. Nothing will eat it. It usually occurs when a tank has too many dissolved solids in it. In other words, up water changes. Manually remove as much as you can as well. In a pinch it can also be killed by erythromycin which is an antibiotic. This is more of a last ditch approach than a typical treatment path though. Try the water changes first. Also lower the amount of light the tank is getting by a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom