What would you do with a 20 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol !!!! I know what you mean. Besides the one above mentioned device, I won't elaborate on the alarm system. But trust me, it's there. Oh, did I mention, "Smile, you're picture has just been taken". View attachment 251501

Then there's always those things that are rated in "fps". ????

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

I want something like that! I know my cat screws with my tank when I'm at work... i know it!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So what you're saying is I need to gather ALL of my sketchy bridgeport aquaintences? :lol:
Sorry, being from Trumbull I'm obliged to mock Bridgeport at every opportunity

You should take the tanks and make a few bridges between them and put like a million fish in (ok maybe not a million but a lot)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So what you're saying is I need to gather ALL of my sketchy bridgeport aquaintences? :lol:
Sorry, being from Trumbull I'm obliged to mock Bridgeport at every opportunity

It's all good !!! My favorite aunt lives up there in Trumbull.

What's the deal between them?

Emerald76
Well, Trumbull starts the part of Connecticut that becomes "the rich suburbs of New York" like Fairfield, Westport and Greenwich. Bridgeport is right on the border of Trumbull and is a pretty nasty city, with the highest homicide rate in CT and a lot of abandoned buildings. There are some decent parts of it, but most of it is pretty awful. So it tends to be mocked by people from the nicer part of the state. In theory it's actually kinda awful, but I only do it in friendly jest; my best friend is from Bridgeport, along with several other good friends.

Actually, I would take Bridgeport over most of the rich jerks that live in the "nice" part of the state.

What's the deal between them?

Emerald76

In regards to the tanks ? I bought 2 of the 10's and the 33. The rest of them, I was just in the right place at the right time and got them for free. One 10 was in a business going thru spring cleaning, the 40 (in build progress and the other things in that build) came from someone moving as well as the 70bf. The 265 was from a friend that got tired of it. 75 was a gift. Or was that the other 40 ? I lose count of how the oldest have come about. Some from Craigslist and others just in the side of the road.

It's the goal after my girl and I buy our own place to set up a couple large DT's and build a fish room. The 265 will either be a Discus or SW. Not sure yet. Either way, we'll need another that size for the opposite of what the 265 becomes.

Well, Trumbull starts the part of Connecticut that becomes "the rich suburbs of New York" like Fairfield, Westport and Greenwich. Bridgeport is right on the border of Trumbull and is a pretty nasty city, with the highest homicide rate in CT and a lot of abandoned buildings. There are some decent parts of it, but most of it is pretty awful. So it tends to be mocked by people from the nicer part of the state. In theory it's actually kinda awful, but I only do it in friendly jest; my best friend is from Bridgeport, along with several other good friends.

Actually, I would take Bridgeport over most of the rich jerks that live in the "nice" part of the state.

I know exactly what you mean, I lived in Colchester for about 6 months before I couldn't take it anymore and moved back to Maine...

I had another 20g tank idea- dwarf frogs, blind cave tetra and a pair of cockatoo's.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Actually Bridgeport is the 3rd highest in the state. New Haven being first and Hartford being second. As well, Trumbull doesn't really "start" the part of CT that becomes "the rich suburbs of New York". Being 32 miles from New York itself, you have to get thru the richest part of the state to get to Trumbull. Places like Byram and Cos Cob and Greenwich, that have Rolls Royce, Bentley, and Ferrari dealers on every corner.

Now I'm not saying that Bridgeport isn't bad. IT IS !!!! But it's only some of it that's bad. The worst "ghetto" area was torn down many years ago and since then it has been coming back. But a previous mayor did admit to snorting cocaine, while in office, another was charged in some fraud and tax evasion stuff and the list goes on.

I want something like that! I know my cat screws with my tank when I'm at work... i know it!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Very easy to do Brookster !!! Mine run on 110 and wireless to the monitor. From there, I've got it linked into my computer and can view it thru Skype or the manufacturers app.

Actually Bridgeport is the 3rd highest in the state. New Haven being first and Hartford being second. As well, Trumbull doesn't really "start" the part of CT that becomes "the rich suburbs of New York". Being 32 miles from New York itself, you have to get thru the richest part of the state to get to Trumbull. Places like Byram and Cos Cob and Greenwich, that have Rolls Royce, Bentley, and Ferrari dealers on every corner.

Now I'm not saying that Bridgeport isn't bad. IT IS !!!! But it's only some of it that's bad. The worst "ghetto" area was torn down many years ago and since then it has been coming back. But a previous mayor did admit to snorting cocaine, while in office, another was charged in some fraud and tax evasion stuff and the list goes on.

When I say it starts in Trumbull, what I mean is that after Trumbull, heading towards NYC, it mostly gets richer and "nicer" till you hit Greenwich. Before Trumbull you have Bridgeport and then not too far from there is New Haven. Trumbull is sort of right between the sketchy coastal cities and the snobby rich suburbs.

I could have sworn Bridgeport was #1 in homicides, but maybe that was just a few years ago or something. I thought I read it in the CT Post somewhere. In any case, I like living in a place now where violent crime increased 400%....from 3 violent crimes to 12 :lol: Only thing I miss about CT is how many better fish stores there were...

When I say it starts in Trumbull, what I mean is that after Trumbull, heading towards NYC, it mostly gets richer and "nicer" till you hit Greenwich. Before Trumbull you have Bridgeport and then not too far from there is New Haven. Trumbull is sort of right between the sketchy coastal cities and the snobby rich suburbs.

I could have sworn Bridgeport was #1 in homicides, but maybe that was just a few years ago or something. I thought I read it in the CT Post somewhere. In any case, I like living in a place now where violent crime increased 400%....from 3 violent crimes to 12 :lol: Only thing I miss about CT is how many better fish stores there were...

I know New Haven is CT's heroin capital... The abandoned mental hospital that takes up a whole neighborhood is pretty fun to explore- just don't get caught, lol

Oh and ditto on the fish stores

You think you've got it bad in southern Maine? Try central Maine :p We've got Petco and Petsmart in Bangor, and Vance's in Bucksport. That's practically it.

You think you've got it bad in southern Maine? Try central Maine :p We've got Petco and Petsmart in Bangor, and Vance's in Bucksport. That's practically it.

Oh no, I don't think it's bad down here for pet stores- I live near the seacoast New Hampshire region and live fairly close to a couple of the better lfs'... But there is absolutely no comparison- once you hit southern NH into MA and CT there are incredible fish suppliers seemingly on every corner

I know New Haven is CT's heroin capital... The abandoned mental hospital that takes up a whole neighborhood is pretty fun to explore- just don't get caught, lol

Now that you said that, it made me think of some other abandoned places and got sidetracked on stupid iPad. Yeah just don't get caught, lol !!! Oh look at the monkey !!

Now that you said that, it made me think of some other abandoned places and got sidetracked on stupid iPad. Yeah just don't get caught, lol !!! Oh look at the monkey !!

Not like it's a hard to find them in bridgeport :lol:
Sorry, that one was just set up too perfectly.
This thread just keeps getting more and more off topic- is it even aquaria off topic anymore?

Back
Top Bottom