What would you do with a 2000 gallon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrightyDog

Aquarium Advice Activist
Assume that you have all the necessary equipment for what you need (special lights for coral, compatibility because introduced simultaneously (tangs, gobies , etc), coepepod community established etc) and even had those devices that tell you all your parameters at all times.
I would have a deep sand bed for any eels (garden or wolf) or Jawfish I would want in a small area on one side. I would get a shoal of anthias . Some flasher wrasse group with a male and a harem of females. Clownfish (duh) probably ocellaris . Get some firefish maybe. But my main thing would be tangs. And lots of them. Purple, sailfin , yellow, brown because in that big a space they will be fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can have different regions in a tank that size. Certainly tangs would not be a problem other than aggression.

The cost of maintenance would not be trivial.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

To seriously answer this assuming money was not an issue here, I would do a black tip reef shark tank. Should be able to keep it for up to 5 years or so in a tank that size. Maybe a little longer.

You can have different regions in a tank that size. Certainly tangs would not be a problem other than aggression.

The cost of maintenance would not be trivial.

It would be interesting to see if tangs would actually 'school' up like they do in the wild in a tank this size.

One celestial pearl danio.

?

Seriously, it would be a monster fish tank. Is it still too small for an arapaima?

Freshwater- a forest. A literal forest
Then-
500 penguin tetras
500 Rummynose tetras
500 cardinal tetras
100 Congo tetras
250 panda cories
25 angels
50 GBR

Saltwater-
Fill the entire thing with coral, then a bunch of tangs and angels.

I would go and buy (rescue) the two lanceolatus groupers that are in tiny (~20 gallon) tanks at a lfs, grow them as big as possible, then go kidnap the lfs store owner and feed him to them.
:angel:

Go broke and have no time for anything else lol.

But. that would be amazing! think of all the fish that could be in there :D :D :D

Freshwater:
6 altum angels
150 or so cardinal tetras
50 montazuma swordtails
A male and female pair of zebra plecos or some other cool pleco species.

Saltwater:
Emperor angelfish
Gem tang
A group of flame or Scott fairy wrasses
Clark's clownfish
Square spot anthias.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Vampire fish, gator gar, 24k arowanas, clown knifes, some other bigggg predators!

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

I would go and buy (rescue) the two lanceolatus groupers that are in tiny (~20 gallon) tanks at a lfs, grow them as big as possible, then go kidnap the lfs store owner and feed him to them.
:angel:

Ding ding ding!! Winner! LOL!

Mostly corals....10 assorted fish or so, and then I would let everyone in the area know where to take their fish that have outgrown their 6' tanks.

Back
Top Bottom