What's on your mind related to glass boxes or fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Open discussion for any conversations on your current curiosities /interests in things aquatic to glass box related.

fish keeping, ponds to aquariums,

SW / brakish / FW,

new favorite niche in the hobby?

amphibians, herps to invertebrates,

Jellyfish to Crabs

bioactive terrariums to paludariums?

If you have something already going post a link to the build! While you share what's happening in the "fish" or "creature" room.

My more recent interest have been bio active terrariums. I have had Powder Orange Isopods for a couple years now, and Springtails.

Then In the past year or so, I have been considering what to do with my tiny paludarium and think I will make it a Mandarin or Apricot Vampire Crab habitat. With some shrimp and a few Endlers. Or maybe Daisy Rice fish.

I have been oogling over Daisy Rice fish for a few years but thought later when I got a pond. My life doesn't have time for a pond right now, which makes me kinda sad but need to focus on what awesome things I CAN do right now.

And some day I would love to have a big fancy Goldfish tank. Keep thinking that eventually I will come across a used big bowfront tank and can move my community in there and have the 72G for the GF.. So far no go. My friend is keeping my big Calico Ryunkin GF at his house in winter, then in the pond in summer this year.

My other newer direction will be a blue Caridina shrimp tank. Blue Bolts, Blue Mosura and Shadow Panda. I already have a few Blues mixed in my present shrimp tank and will be separating them soon for the move.

Hoping other fish and tank keepers chime in here and share their thoughts and ideas.

So I am going with some Rainbow Fish. Found some really amazing Albino Millennium Rainbow fish. Just bought a pair. I'll probably go pick up another pair as they are eating and look beautiful.

Also keeping Isopods and Springtails in terrariums, just bought a refresh of temperate and Tropical Springtails in the last coupe days.

Still hoping to make the Paludarium ZooMed (small) 4G tank part / 12x12" footprint 2 feet high. Maybe after August. I just kept thinking it had to be so perfect, but no, it really doesn't, just functional and a little pretty. Can build on that.

Back
Top Bottom