What's your favorite shaped tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favorite shaped tank?

• Standard rectangular-10, 29, 38...

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Tall-15 high, 25, 37...

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Long-30 long, 55...

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Long, low, and deep-20 long, 40 breeder...

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Bowfront

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Hex

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 14.5%

• Total voters
They all have applications that they are best for IMO so I chose Other.

i voted "other" just because GINORMOUS was not an option :) Otherwise, im kind of with HN1... I really like the bowfronts, but the breeder type tanks really are nice for some setups, but a big tall tank is nice for others. I dont have a bowfront yet, but i will :)

I chose other because i like them all. I like corner tanks alot, but i also am into the deep tanks like a 40g breeder. I also think bowfronts are cool. Except i need to make sure i put that i hate hexagons though.

I was just wondering why you hate the hexagons? I was thinking about getting one for a seahorse tank since i might be able to get it cheap.

I was just wondering why you hate the hexagons? I was thinking about getting one for a seahorse tank since i might be able to get it cheap.

I don't know. I just don't like the look and i like space to decorate. I guess i don't HATE them i just do not prefer them. And i like the idea of having a seahorse tank in a hexagon, that sounds cool.

For me it depends on what I'm going to stock with.

We have a 14g hex that's just a community tank, then we have standards,: 29, 10, 5.5

Then we have 40g, 80g and 120g

And a 55

i love my bowfront, so does my cousin and sister who try to trade me their 40 and 120gal tanks :) but........... i love long tanks (6ft) with @least a 2ft deep (as in width, not height). i like the depth to stack rocks in the middle and watch the fish be able to swim behind them and not be restricted by the glass.

i hate bow fronts i hate hex tanks tall tanks... i like a lot of surface area.

i have several 60 gallons 20 gallon longs a few reg 20 gallons... setting up a 8x40 breeders soon once i get the last ones..... my main tank is 125 72x24x18 though i wouldnt mind a 180 to replace it.

this isnt a easy question to answer in just a poll.

I like standard tanks. I had a biOrb, and they're spherical so it made it impossible to view the actual fish. They would appear bulgy-looking and disproportionate. Especially with the African Dwarf Frogs, or bottom dwellers.

Bowfronts are nice, but I'm not sure if they would have the same affect as the biOrb.

I actually do think Hex's are cool, but only for a small Betta tank. Just too confusing for a large tank with lots of fish.

So above all, I much rather prefer standard tanks.

bowfronts have a cool look but I own one and I know from experience that they are difficult to light properly.

Back
Top Bottom