What's your fish(s) names?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HannahJo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I want to know.... Do you guys give your fish names? :lol:

I can't be the only one....So share your fish names in this thread! :fish2:

I don't name my schooling fish (because seriously- who can keep track?) but I do name my other fish. I'll start us out!
Male betta: Butter Bean
Female betta: Queen B
Male BN pleco: Moustachio
Female BN pleco: Pistachio
Turtle: Mikey (aka Mrs.Nezbit)

:dance:

Yes (I also don't name my schooling fish) but my platys all have names (except the juvenile males I'm trying to sell).
Susie -twinbar
Mayli- slighly bigger twinbar
Jacoba- orange dalmatian
Lola -gold dust
Storm- juvenile gray (only one not named after a person)
Florence- juvenile black

Clementine- pied molly
Calico- didn't end up calico like I thought, probably closer to gold dust molly

Also have a bunch of unnamed fry that are too young to tell the gender of.

My painted turtle's name is shelly

My pictus catfish whose 7 inches I name leopard

My rainbow albino electric green glofish shark ( that's the full title lol)
Name is jaws

My crested gecko needs a name but idk te gender so I'm waiting until I know so for now it's gekky.

My supposedly salvani cichlid( which looks nothing like one) is names jack for short. Causes he's mean. He even bullies my adult painted turtle.

My small pleco is named vacrumb( like vaccum, only he vaccums crumbs). :)

My other pleco is named plucky jr. After my aunts massive 24 ing long common 5+ year old pleco whose name is plucky. ( pleco is still alive and I not relate to plucky btw) I just didn't want to blatantly copy the name. Lol

Mostly only name special fish, usually Bettas now.

We have Yellow fish a old Yellow Clown Goby SW, named by grandson

all these others have been fish from the past.

Recently RIP, Sunset Phoenix beautiful imported Thai Betta

3 below named by a family member
Chubbo (a 2" fry) was supposed to be a thin 3- 4" maximum size FW Goby, was a huge 6+ inch 1 inch mouth - ate sooooo many Neon Tetras (at night when the lights were off).

Spike - Got as a 1" mystery fish, again just 3-4 inches like a BN Pleco. Ended up as a huge female Spotted Raphael Catfish 6.5 inches long, also ate anything which fit in the mouth

Ducky - a White Crayfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Twins. 2 adopted Siamese Algae Eaters, near identical and always did the same thing as the other one did, always sat next to each other, always chased each other around the tank in the same swimming pattern. So cute.

Had a cute white pearl red edged fins, female Betta which ruled the top of the tank with sass, named Ruby Pearl - Pearl for short.

Fun memories.

My oldest elephant nose is called Gonzo, then my other 3 are called Geraldine, George and tiny!
My king tiger pleco is called Bug
My largest vampire shrimp is called bruiser, the girl is called Lady and my newest hasn't been named yet.
My 2 bamboo shrimp are called the twins.
All my others I haven't named as theres to many.

Vampire shrimp are they the ones that can throw a punch speeding up faster than a .22 caliber bullet and can knock out prey in one punch?

No vampire shrimp have little fans on their hands. You are thinking of a pistol mantis shrimp.

I actually do name my schooling fish-- but I give them a group name.
I had three tetras that I named The Three Fish-kateers.
I had a bumblebee platy that I named Knox (Latin for storm, because the yellow and black pattern reminds me of a lightning cloud).
I have a pictus catfish I named Sylvester (from Looney Tunes)

And of course, my favorite: my bristle-nose plecostomus. Her name is Pickle Houdini. The last name is Houdini because once when I moved her to a bowl for tank cleaning she sucked her way up the side and almost escaped the bowl; an escape artist just like Harry!:facepalm::lol:

I actually do name my schooling fish-- but I give them a group name.
I had three tetras that I named The Three Fish-kateers.
I had a bumblebee platy that I named Knox (Latin for storm, because the yellow and black pattern reminds me of a lightning cloud).
I have a pictus catfish I named Sylvester (from Looney Tunes)

And of course, my favorite: my bristle-nose plecostomus. Her name is Pickle Houdini. The last name is Houdini because once when I moved her to a bowl for tank cleaning she sucked her way up the side and almost escaped the bowl; an escape artist just like Harry!:facepalm::lol:

I LOVE The Three Fish-kateers, how cute!! :D

Mostly only name special fish, usually Bettas now.

We have Yellow fish a old Yellow Clown Goby SW, named by grandson

all these others have been fish from the past.

Recently RIP, Sunset Phoenix beautiful imported Thai Betta

3 below named by a family member
Chubbo (a 2" fry) was supposed to be a thin 3- 4" maximum size FW Goby, was a huge 6+ inch 1 inch mouth - ate sooooo many Neon Tetras (at night when the lights were off).

Spike - Got as a 1" mystery fish, again just 3-4 inches like a BN Pleco. Ended up as a huge female Spotted Raphael Catfish 6.5 inches long, also ate anything which fit in the mouth

Ducky - a White Crayfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Twins. 2 adopted Siamese Algae Eaters, near identical and always did the same thing as the other one did, always sat next to each other, always chased each other around the tank in the same swimming pattern. So cute.

Had a cute white pearl red edged fins, female Betta which ruled the top of the tank with sass, named Ruby Pearl - Pearl for short.

Fun memories.

Chubbo, I love it! :D
Sounds like you have some lovely fish and lovely names :flowers:

Light yellow goldfish female: Lightstripe(I love warriors!):fish1:
Dark Yellow Goldfish Male, Mate of lightstripe:Dakscale.
Orange white black Female: Calicospot

(F)white molly- dianna pronounced DEana
(F)Black molly- silver, lol she has blue and silver scales all over she is so beautiful, and two weeks ago had 36 fry and let me tell you they all look just like her
(M)spotted molly- Cabot, pronounced KAbet
(M)Albino corydora- Edwin
(M) spotted corydora- Gillbert

In my other planted tank is my snails and my fry

(F)Gold apple snail-salt
(M)Brown apple snail- pepper
35 of the fry have not been named
The one I named is reggie, was born with a crooked tail, he is fine doesn't seem to be in pain or bothered by it at all he swims just as good as the other fry he just can't get to the top of the tank so I be sure to always add a few sinking pellets once I get the other fry distracted with food one the other side of the tank

@BlueGoldfish I love your turtles name!
@kaphillips438 Aww, I'm glad you are looking out for Reggie! Love your names- especially edwin and gillbert.

I love to give pets "human" sounding names :lol:

@BlueGoldfish I love your turtles name!
@kaphillips438 Aww, I'm glad you are looking out for Reggie! Love your names- especially edwin and gillbert.

I love to give pets "human" sounding names [emoji38]
Awe thank you I had another batch of white molly fry the other day and found a baby today that has a crooked spine so I just have those two babies in a tank by themselves

I don’t name them all. But some I do.

My pea puff is I’gor.
Gold Angel is Sunshine
All the khuli’s have the same name Heimlich.

Neon’s, bristlenose and rainbows in there are all unnamed.

Back
Top Bottom