What's your ultimate tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TangoTank

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What's your ultimate tank if you had some extra money, just enough to get your tank? I think mine is kinda humble... I'd want a 40-55g Bowfront w/ a dark or black wood higher stand (32"+) w/ a matching canopy & LEDs for corals (I haven't gotten any yet but might some day). I mainly just wanted a saltwater tank to have clowns. I don't care about the bigger types of fish or having a lot of fish.

So I just wanna hear what other people dream of & maybe get some ideas. For saltwater (not including my FW tanks) I now have a basic 75g w/ just a base stand & power compact lights. One small upgrade I need to build now is a canopy, what a difference that would make in appearance.

Lol mine would have shamu from seaworld in it or some dolphins lol

Well, it would be expensive but my ultimate tank would be plumbed so that water changes could be done automatically. open one valve, empties tank, add conditioner then open the other and fills tank. Other than that I think I'd like a 6 foot tank with some awesome large driftwood pieces, heavily planted, a couple large rocks, predators like wolffish as well as a large school of fish large enough that the predators wouldn't bother them.

My dream tank is actually three tanks. Three large (180-300 gallon) in wall tanks, each plumbed for easy water changes, one a reef, one a planted tropical freshwater community, and one SA cichlid tank. All in the same room so they wrap around 3/4 walls of the living room, set at a height where they would sit right above a big wraparound couch. And of course there would be a nice fishroom behind this room for access. And of course this will never happen unless I hit the lotto jackpot, as it would really require building a custom house to pull it off correctly.

Well if I had the Money! My Dream Ultimate tank would be a Shark Tank.

It would be at least 60,000 gallons, and 50 feet long and 20 feet wide and 10 feet deep Oval.

I would have 4 or 5 black tip sharks and a few other BIG fish that can swim with them. It wouldn't be a a lot of fish, but the sharks would make up for it. :p

It's funny alyxx I just bought a house and half of it use to be a store it's about a 18x30 it was bare studs when we bought the house 6 yrs ago I just finely got it dry walled last year now scraping up money to do the floor it needs all new sub floor and all anyways my wife told me I could do what ever I wanted in that half of the house and I was think of doing just what you said only 4 tanks maybe not 300s lol but at least 150s and my couch right in the middle I even made my self blue prints of the walk way I could build behind the tanks built in the wall for all the plumbing I'm a dreamer lol

It's funny alyxx I just bought a house and half of it use to be a store it's about a 18x30 it was bare studs when we bought the house 6 yrs ago I just finely got it dry walled last year now scraping up money to do the floor it needs all new sub floor and all anyways my wife told me I could do what ever I wanted in that half of the house and I was think of doing just what you said only 4 tanks maybe not 300s lol but at least 150s and my couch right in the middle I even made my self blue prints of the walk way I could build behind the tanks built in the wall for all the plumbing I'm a dreamer lol

Lucky! When it comes time to look at buying a house, a good fish room is going to be one of three main factors - a nice kitchen with lots of counter space, a big bathtub in the master bath, and a room with good water access and space for lots of tanks. I don't want kids, so my hobbies get to take front and center when it comes to picking a house.

Lucky! When it comes time to look at buying a house, a good fish room is going to be one of three main factors - a nice kitchen with lots of counter space, a big bathtub in the master bath, and a room with good water access and space for lots of tanks. I don't want kids, so my hobbies get to take front and center when it comes to picking a house.

I wasn't into tanks when we bought this house so I didn't plan ahead for room for the tanks... but my excuse for more tanks IS the kids!! I have two bigger tanks in our family room (1 FW & 1 SW), then had a tank in each of my 3 kids rooms AND a QT SW tank on the kitchen counter... I took a pic of our family room/kitchen area. HA! But now I'm down to just 1 tank in 1 kid's room & the 2 bigger tanks in the family room.

image-925686774.jpg

One big system is my dream tank. 300g reef, 100g reef, and a frag tank all plumbed into one system. The 300 would be my main tank housing most of everything and the 100 would be a Volitan lionfish tank. 300 would be an in wall tank in my living room while the lionfish tank would be in my man cave.

It'll happen but it's going to take a while.

Fish store style wall setup with 10-15 tanks on shelves where I could have a bunch of different setups all in one viewing area.

36993-albums8518-picture32682.jpg

36993-albums8518-picture32681.jpg

Got mine. 3 years ago from my husband for my birthday. 50 gallon freshwater. :)

Got mine. 3 years ago from my husband for my birthday. 50 gallon freshwater. :)

I've always wondered how enjoyable those coffee table tanks can be...do you have to get down to ground level to really view it properly? If I had one i'd stock it with tosakins and other top-viewing goldfish

I've always wondered how enjoyable those coffee table tanks can be...do you have to get down to ground level to really view it properly? If I had one i'd stock it with tosakins and other top-viewing goldfish

well you can view pretty well from a sitting position.you don't need to lay on the floor although you could. :) it isn't perfect but the house we live in has a totally open kitchen, dining room, living room. what that means is there is very little wall space so a traditional aquarium wouldn't work out too well since most look best up against a wall. we started to look on the internet and found a site called aquavim. they have all sorts of aquarium tables and room divider tanks. there are a few advantages with this tank. it's only about 12" deep so i can work on my plants and clean the tank without using a stool or stretching to do so. the other thing is the tank is about 56-57" long so the fish have a lot of forward swimming area which they take full advantage of when they go darting from one end of the tank to the other. also it is used as a table for when we watch t.v. no children in the house so we don't have to worry about little hands in the tank. the glass top is on risers so there's good air circulation and easy access for feeding. i've had it 3 years and i'm still very happy with the set up.

Back
Top Bottom