Which Country Are You?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're Georgia!
For you, life is just peachy. You've been growing a lot lately and have really invested yourself in some major companies. You prefer Coke over Pepsi, CNN over other stations, and always fly Delta. This brand loyalty seems to be pulling away from your deepest roots, but that's part of growing. You are utterly terrified of fire. Just an old sweet song keeps you on others' minds.

Ok, this cannot be more true of me....

Growing alot lately....I am infact growing some vegetable and bamboo plants.

Invested in major companies...I have stock in Wal-Mart, only because I work there...but a major company none-the-less.

Prefer coke over pepsi...yes indeed.

CNN is ok for the news, I like the bar on the bottom of the screen.

Have flown Delta once, it was nice.

Not terrified of fire, I quite like it actually--Don't call me a pyro-maniac!

A sweet song keeps me on others minds...I hope so! I'm quite liked I guess.. :mrgreen: :lol:

I ate some chocolate and retook the State Quiz.
I'm the Panama Canal 8O Could someone explain to me how that is a state???
While others are content to work long and hard hours, you're all about taking the shortcut. While this has benefited you for the most part, it has required starting several conflicts so that you could get your way. Your old profession doesn't seem terribly lofty to anyone, and sometimes you've even needed to dig ditches to get by, but you figure the results are worth it. Now, most of the time you're just cruising.
Although, the Panama Canal isn't a state I'm familar with, I like what it says about me and my short-cuttin' ways--BUT I never start conflicts!

ACK!!! My day just gets worse. I am killing time while trying to figure out how to get a student loan while attending a college outside of the US and I take the Book Quiz. Granted, I don't think I was 100% truthful on the "Do you like Oprah" question.
I am Lolita!
Considered by most to be depraved and immoral, you are obsessed with sex. What really tantalizes you is that which deviates from societal standards in every way, though you admit that this probably isn't the best and you're not sure what causes this desire. Nonetheless, you've done some pretty nefarious things in your life, and probably gotten caught for them. The names have been changed, but the problems are real. Please stay away from children.
I like that last line, "Please stay away from children." :nono:

Ok, OK. Goes to take the book quiz now! I'm on vacation this week, can you tell I have nothing to do?!

I'm a little scared though now.... And, I dunno how the Panama Canal is state...beats me.

You're The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!
by Douglas Adams
Considered by many to be one of the funniest people around, you are quite an entertainer. You've also traveled to the far reaches of what you deem possible, often confused and unsure of yourself. Life continues to jostle you around like a marble, but it's shown you so much of the world that you don't care. Wacky adventures continue to lie ahead. Your favorite number is 42.

Wow, I think I need to start a new thread for these new tests, LOL...

The book quiz is by far the most odd of all the quizzes.
8O If you're on vacation~who's looking after the fish??? 8O

If you're on vacation~who's looking after the fish???

I was going to the Outer Banks, NC...but long story short, I couldn't go this year. So, I'm home instead. I have spent the past week at work from 7 am to close to 6 or 7 pm every night trying to ready things up and teach my one associate how to take care of things and run the place. I have my fingers crossed that he will do ok. I think I have put enough time into his "fish training" that he will do a swell job :wink:

My one problem is that I think I put *too* much time into it, cause now, he LOVES the fish. Which is good, but that is all he ever wants to do when he comes into work now is look at the fish. We have dog, cat, and bird products to stock too ya know! But, I'll bet ya those tanks will be nice when I get back, I dunno about the rest of the place :?

Ha!
It just gets weird and weirder... I always like the final sentence... Pure nonsense!

Book quiz
Though you are very short and often overshadowed, your voice is poetic and lyrical. Dark and brooding, you see the world as a hopeless effort of people trying to impress other people. Though you make reference to almost everything, you've really heard enough about Michelangelo. You measure out your life with coffee spoons.

"You measure out your life with coffee spoons"? 8O
What in the world is that supposed to mean?

Editing to post the results of the state quiz...
You're Hawaii!
When they first meet you, few people can tell whether you want to say hello or goodbye. Either way, most of them will end up saying that you're their favorite person to visit, if only they could afford the trip. But your soft and warm image is belied by an explosive undercurrent in your personality than can leave you drenched with tears or boiling with anger for days on end. You are rather fond of using plants as clothing.

Whaaaaaaa 8O

Using plants as clothing?? You got to be kidding me.

You're The Handmaid's Tale!
by Margaret Atwood
An outraged feminist, you have been oppressed and even silenced in your life, fueling your fury against the society as it stands. Your role has been strictly defined by society and you are almost certainly unsatisfied with it. You have some vague idea of how this has come to be, but insufficient power to stop it, let alone reverse the trend. And somehow you blame yourself for everything because people ask you to. Beware people renaming your nation a Republic.

You're New Mexico!
A fan of spelunking and cliff-dwelling, you're the adventurous, enchanting type. It seems like you can never avoid the sun, but that's what built your house in the first place so you'll manage. You probably speak Spanish, and maybe even a long-lost language in addition. And after much careful consideration, you now sometimes agree that drive-through liquor stores are not the safest idea. Even though people think of you as yellow, your favorite question is "red or green?"

"RED OR GREEN?" This going to be my new answer for everything.... "I'm having trouble with my tetras...." Me: "Red or green?" "I can't seem to get my nitrates down..." Me: Red or green.

You measure out your life with coffee spoons.
I saw that after I messed around with the test for a while--did you answer that you like tea?
You are rather fond of using plants as clothing.
Cotton, hemp, leaves :wink:

medge00 said:
"RED OR GREEN?" This going to be my new answer for everything....
I like it! An oppressed outraged feminist running around questioning society, "RED OR GREEN???"

You're Costa Rica!
You're about as peaceful as anyone on the planet, a real dyed-in-the-wool pacifist. And why not? No one really poses much of a threat to you and everything seems to work out, no matter how much violence and insanity rages all around you. So you relax and appreciate nature and culture while the rest of the world carries on their petty disagreements. If only everyone could follow your example...

wow, guess I do let people bully me around.

You're
the United Nations!

Most people think you're ineffective, but you are trying to
completely save the world from itself, so there's always going to be a long
way to go. You're always the one trying to get friends to talk to each
other, enemies to talk to each other, anyone who can to just talk instead of
beating each other about the head and torso. Sometimes it works and sometimes
it doesn't, and you get very schizophrenic as a result. But your heart
is in the right place, and sometimes also in New York

Does someone want to tell me how the UN is a country????

You're Maryland!
You enjoy contemplating your navel so much that you want to build a whole
school devoted to said purpose. You like Chevy Chase a ton as well, maybe even more than
Cal Ripken since he started doing those Century 21 commercials. Mostly, though, you want
to kick back, watch the ballgame, and eat crabcakes. Brick is by far your favorite
building material. You might even call yourself a brick house.

HAH! How fitting!!!! Since I'm already IN maryland!! (too bad I really don't like baseball or crabcakes- give me the crabs in their true form!)

Hehe, that's a comical description of Maryland, but sadly true. While I can't stand baseball...I do LOVE the crabs!

And, I think the United Nations, but means that you are a well-rounded individual, and have a bit of all the countries in the world, all wrapped up in you? Just a guess, it sounds like a good description, lol.

I was born and raised in Baltimore, and there's nothing like a pile of steamed crabs and a pitcher of cold beer. Boy, I do miss that. It's really hard to find good Maryland style steamed crabs down here, so when I go back to visit, I pig out!
:slurp:

I was born and raised in Baltimore, and there's nothing like a pile of steamed crabs and a pitcher of cold beer. Boy, I do miss that. It's really hard to find good Maryland style steamed crabs down here, so when I go back to visit, I pig out!

This was a topic of discussion a while back in the forum, and most concurred with you cg, that MD crabs are to die for :wink:

I took the country quiz and I'm the United Nations?! :? Waitaminnut - that ain't a country!

Then I took the state quiz and I'm the US Embassy!? :? :? :? Waitaminnut - that ain't a state!

I'm terrified to take the book quiz - I'd probably end up being the Federal Register or the Congressional Record. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom