Who has fish regret?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apr28

Aquarium Advice Activist
You agonize for weeks planning your perfect stocking. You spend hours on aq advisor with multiple stocking ideas. You research every fish carefully and finally stock your tank.

You sit back enjoying the ambiance but still have this uneasy feeling you made the wrong decision. Wondering if you should have done a cichlid tank or a different community stocking.

So....

You agonize for weeks planning your perfect stocking. You spend hours on aq advisor with multiple stocking ideas. You research every fish carefully and finally stock your tank.

You sit back enjoying the ambiance but still have this uneasy feeling you made the wrong decision. Wondering if you should have done a cichlid tank or a different community stocking.

So....

Yup. That's why you get more tanks...bigger tanks...more options ;) lol

Been there, done that !
Was just staring into my 50g thinking 'if I I take those 2 back & get 12 more of those & maybe one each of those , then I ll be happy with the tank'.
I have 3 50g & only one of them is 'done'. Love this hobby!

^ haha yea that's why how I've bought most of my other tanks. There's always that fish at the store you just can't pass up. And that fish always seems to be the one that isn't compatible with anything it seems like for me.

I have been messing with fish for over 30 years. There are a lot of more common, easy to breed, fish I just never got around to spawning. I've done some really hard fish to spwan and at this time looking at going back and working with the easy guys. I actually had a pair of Belonasox in the early 1980's -likely before most of you-and just recently got another small group. Very cool and better than I recall.

Yeah. I don't really like my harlequin rasboras at all, to be honest. I'm just not interested in them.

We has a group of white fin tetras that had to go back because they harassed the cories to sickness, so I certainly regret them.

Yes, I have definitely felt that uneasy feel of being unsatisfied with inhabitants after doing all that research and such.....its a bummer sometimes because you feel bad taking them back to the lfs but you don't want them either.....

Bigger tank, need a bigger tank...

Might end up regretting neon/cardinal tetras. Nice fish with great colour but not absolutely convinced they work in my tank.

My angels. I wish that I had waited to get the koi angels. Once the platys come out of my tank The color balance is going to be way off.

So....

I don't use aq advisor. Aq advisor doesn't allow for certain variables. Doing thorough research alone, knowing the adult size of the fish I want to stock, their aggression level, what level of the tank they inhabit etc makes stocking easy for me.

That's why I have various tanks; community, SA/CA cichlid, african cichlid, bolivian rams, GBRs, angelfish..

That's what I want! - 1 marine tank, a cichlid tank, a planted tank to go with the community tank I have.

As soon as we stop fixing/spending on the house :)

Bigger tank, need a bigger tank... Might end up regretting neon/cardinal tetras. Nice fish with great colour but not absolutely convinced they work in my tank.
Oh man, I was just staring at my recently set up natural look planted tank with 6 neons thinking the same thing...

Back
Top Bottom