Who wants to see one of the worst tanks ever.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pendergraft2111

Aquarium Advice Regular
NOT MINE... I saw this at a customers business and I was disgusted. He said" yah its time for a water change this weekend" He probably had 10 to 15 goldfish and 2 Koi. I believe that's a ten gallon. I wanted to say something but not at the risk of my job... anybody seen worse? I once saw a full grown Jack Dempsey in a ten gallon.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110607_222413.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110607_222413.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 454
No you're fine. Eeeeeeeew! That's nasty!!! You should've offered to clean it for him... No extra cost lol. :p yuck!

That's probably a 20 gal. but still...you should have left him a link to this website.

Finally! A recipe for green water. ;)

I've got you beat. I visited a friend last weekend...and the guy he was staying with had a full grown Jack Dempsey in a 15 gallon...that's not even the bad part. The guy was literally feeding it dog food. After several choice words for the owner (words not suitable for AA), I went to Petsmart and bought some actual fish food for the poor guy. I convinced my friend he needs to take the fish, so he's looking on Craigs List the last couple days for a 55 gallon. Poor fish.

What amazes me is the fish in the pic LOOK to be in good shape (we can only guess how they're really doing :nono:) They must've been in that pea soup so long, they've built an immunity to it!

Anyone want to take wagers at the state of the filter?

my sisters friend and her siblings all have fish,the youngest has a betta in what appears to be a 1/4 gallon bowl,the middle one has 3 or 4 goldfish in a 5 gallon tank,and the oldest(my sisters friend)has what looks like a very stressed out yellow lab cichlid,and a common pleco,in a 5 gallon tank.none of them looked that bad(yet)because the fish had just been added(without cycling,of course)

A membership to AA should be required for all fish purchases. All the horrible things you see and hear are gonna wind up putting me in the other version of AA, lol.

and at a chinese food place(i refuse to eat there anymore) there was a full grown koi,in what looked like a 20 long.it couldnt turn around,and there was like...2-3 inches of space left.

my niece's tank (I don't know what size) as her sister told me, had not change her water in the tank for 4 months and the fish are almost invisible in it as her sister said. She was so sad looking at it that she volunteered to change the water for her. Good thing the fishes are still alive...sigh!

eco23 said:
I've got you beat. I visited a friend last weekend...and the guy he was staying with had a full grown Jack Dempsey in a 15 gallon...that's not even the bad part. The guy was literally feeding it dog food. After several choice words for the owner (words not suitable for AA), I went to Petsmart and bought some actual fish food for the poor guy. I convinced my friend he needs to take the fish, so he's looking on Craigs List the last couple days for a 55 gallon. Poor fish.

You don't win, unless there's a picture :)

You don't win, unless there's a picture :)

Depressing enough seeing it...a permanent record of the situation wasn't something I wanted to keep as a memento, lol.

If my friend actually goes out and gets a suitable home for him...I'll happily post a picture of that :)

My friend's mother has a 30 gallon with what must be 10 goldfish along with some swordtails.

Well then...that makes it even worse! Sad...there's a lot of unhappy fish

Yup, I tried so hard to explain it to her. Aparently her mother just keeps replacing the dead fish. Once I was excited about picking up some new fish and my friend said I sounded like her mom. I was actually pretty insulted.

Back
Top Bottom