Why Do You Love This Forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floop123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'll start, everyone has been so kind and listened to my stupid questions.

Great moderators! People (that includes me) can be jerks.

And when we play nice it's such a great place to learn and share (when I'm feeling patient).

Last edited:
I don't have any one in my life who shares the hobby. It's nice not to be the weird person talking about her pet fish because everyone is that person here lol.

:) Pretty much all the same sentiments as above.

When I got back into keeping fish with a trial 16G bowfront, I really loved it (still).

There was a problem no one locally could fix for me for a couple months. Easy now that I know, a bacteria bloom, finally was id'd by a employee who had a tiny bit of correct info about the filter pads.

I started researching and realized I had kept fish for most of my life but had NEVER actually knew about the nitrification cycle.

And there was so much incorrect information out there causing fish keeping to be incredibly more difficult than it needed to be, and how simple it could be to share correct information and make the process and experience, the hobby, even better.

Every day, even though I can be swamped with personal stuff, being able to help someone is find the "best practices" or revelation of correcting a problem is a happy experience. Discussing everyday issues and fishkeeping in general is one of my very fun things to do - sharing something I find enjoyable and interesting, that I love.

Getting good help here usually happens pretty quickly when I have an issue or need advice as well.

The other unique thing is that a hobby like keeping tanks and fish (inverts and plants) brings people of all ages, ethnicities, religions, abilities, all countries, potentially to a middle ground where most can get along and find happiness.

Aquarium Advice is not a perfect place, as there isn't a perfect place to be found. But the people here are generally very caring, and good hearted (especially about the fish, ;) ) and love also sharing what they know.

A funny thread title which often comes up is, Is my Guppy/Platy/ (etc. livebearer fish) Pregnant? Because the answer is 99.99% of the time yes if it is a female. But I remember being in that spot and wondering about all the details of the little fish's pending birth.

People here caringly, figuratively took me by the hand and shared all the info and pointed me to the pertinent details and this kind of caring is lovely.

What a wonderful thing we can all share.

Last edited:
I like it here as people give good advice and are not annoyed by me asking newb questions XD I have anxiety and ocd so worry I'm doing things wrong and coming here is good for peace of mind :) I also don't have any friends accept my bf who is into the hobby, but he is also a newb like me XD

I've been here since late 2013, and I've gained a ton of info to make my planted tank lush and natural. When I first joined, I was more into keeping fish. I find that my username is sort of ironic now since I've become addicted to plants. This forum has a solid core of members, and the planted subforum has been gaining strength in the past year.

Back
Top Bottom