why is pure ammo so hard to find

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i called around today at target walmart home dept and lowes and none sell 100% pure ammo why dont they? whats so bad about pure ammo whys it so hard to find

All because of these potential reactions when mixed with Household Bleach:

Ammonia + Bleach = Chlorine Gas, it mixes with the water in your lungs and then becomes hydrochloric acid and you know the rest.

More bleach than ammonia= Nitrogen Triglyceride, a very unstable compound, I.E. Highly reactive, also poisonous, but by them time it would hit your mouth it would already have exploded.

More Ammonia than bleach= a self igniting form of rocket fuel.

This is all because of a Sodium Oxygen and Chlorine chemical called Sodium Hypochlorite in household bleach. These reactions are all using household ammonia, now consider it with pure ammonia and the strength of these reaction is increase.

DO NOT MIX THESE TO COMPOUNDS TO EXPERIMENT! ODDS ARE YOU WILL DIE, OR BE SEVERELY INJURED.

The ammonia you're looking for is janitorial grade, by law they can't add junk to it (from what I heard anyways). Home use ammo is scented to make it more tolerable when you use it. Ace hardware has it (google local Ace stores), I have a local independent/Ace that has it in Qt size and I think OSH might have it too (I think they're Ace?). You could go to a commercial outlet, but it's probably in bulk (5g?).

+1 to strawman. Ammo+bleach=WWI gas. Bad, very bad.

i allways knew it made chlorine gas and mustard gas is that one of the reasons its so hard to find. to protect the public?

Mr. Limpet said:
The ammonia you're looking for is janitorial grade, by law they can't add junk to it (from what I heard anyways). Home use ammo is scented to make it more tolerable when you use it. Ace hardware has it (google local Ace stores), I have a local independent/Ace that has it in Qt size and I think OSH might have it too (I think they're Ace?). You could go to a commercial outlet, but it's probably in bulk (5g?).

+1 to strawman. Ammo+bleach=WWI gas. Bad, very bad.

il Google ace hardware later on but i dont beleive theres one in RI or at least one that i know about

Back
Top Bottom