World cup poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elle2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am curious.... as North Americans we don't typically seem as interested in professional soccer, even though its supposed to be one of the most widely played games in NA youth.

Anyone watching? If so, what team? (I guess for most of you that's pretty obvious :wink: so then who's your second pick?)

ole' ole' ole' ole'!!!! YES i watch as much as i can! i get the scores and highlights sent to my cell as well. of course, i am cheering on the u.s.! i think we have a great team, i don't know if it's championship material yet, but i'm impressed we made it this far! realistically, i have high hopes for germany to win it all. brazil and argentina will be tough, but i think the germans can do it, especially with the home field advantage.
as far as the lack of interest in the states, it's a major bummer. my local news hasn't covered ANY world cup topics yet, let alone scores. and since i don't get cable i have to turn to the net. i think it's kind of lame that we have this "ignore it" attitude to something we're not the greatest at. and that we call it soccer?!?!? what the heck? oh well, i'm happy it's here and can't wait to watch the u.s. clean up the czech rep. tonight... i hope...

well that didn't go good at all :( 0-3 czech! oh well, i guess i'll keep my fingers crossed until we play italy on saturday! although i don't know about that, the italians are really strong this cup. hmmm...

FORZA ITALIA!!!FORZA AZZURRI!!!

go italy go

world cup is the best, its unfortunate that USA is so ignorant of their team, its such an honour to be in the tourny, if Canada ever got in it would bring the whole counrty together, but since in Italian i go for italy, we will get out of the group, but hopefully we can miss playing Brazil too early. Toni, Gilardino, Totti, Pirlo, Cannovaro, Nesta. best players int he world are in italy

I am going for Brazil and Czech. I love soccer, and I love the soccer players ;o Haha. USA just isn't a big soccer country.

Its funny eh (hmm... wonder where I'm from) that we (Can and Us) aren't into it more considering how many of us, or our children play it. You even had the whole 'soccermom' political demographic. Hopefully interest will increase... its such a great sport to watch.

I am really lucky- I live in a huge Soccer neighbourhood. It is full of Italian and European soccer cafes so the whole place goes off during world cup. I can watch at home but its really fun to go down to the packed cafes full of ex-pats from all over cheering for their teams.

I'm supporting for The Netherlands and Brasil!
Very hard for me to study now.......with all this REAL football going on :wink:

Yes I am supposed to be studying for intensive exams that I have to write at the end of the summer so I emailed my supervisor during half time of a game to see if there was special consideration given to students who had to prepare during world cup.... he is from the UK so he emailed me back and said "of course, the second half is about to start so get back to it".

Sadly this won't really be the case. Sigh.

brazil is awesome, but i gotta say i was surprised when they beat croatia yesterday. that was lucky if you ask me cause croatia was looking great out there... really a solid team. and did anyone catch the spain-ukraine game?!?! spain may end up being a serious contender too. they played a really clean, aggressive game today! anyways, looking forward to the germany-poland match this afternoon... go germany!!

England all the way! For once I can say that and not feel embarrassed, lol. Apparently we're second favourites behind Brazil which is incredible. Hopefully Sven won't ruin our chances with his ridiculous substitutions like in the second half of the Paraguay match.

It would also be nice to see one of the African or Asian teams do well in the competition.

Atari said:
England all the way! For once I can say that and not feel embarrassed, lol. Apparently we're second favourites behind Brazil which is incredible. Hopefully Sven won't ruin our chances with his ridiculous substitutions like in the second half of the Paraguay match.

It would also be nice to see one of the African or Asian teams do well in the competition.

Yes.. I am always rooting for the underdogs I'm afraid. Doesn't get me very far in the fantasy leagues but oh well. But I also think its great because then it really does seem more like Wolrd Cup rather than Euro Cup.

Either way its all bad for productivity.... but so much fun.

Wow, Argentina won 6-0 vs Serbia-Montenegro. Great match! :) (Only 1 exam to go, so starting next tuesday I can watch all matches:p)

ghana beat czechs, WOW, first upset of the tourny, the world cup is no place for the underdogs unfortunalty

Ghana are through to the second round.. they look like a pretty good team to me, let's see how far they can go.

Argentina and Spain are the ones to beat at the moment.

Looks like Ghana may be threat...they tossed the US team today. Ah well, couple more months until good old AMERICAN football starts again. LOL YAY go University of Texas Longhorns. '05-'06 National Champs. (Hey, I'm from Texas....THAT'S where real football is played! ;) )

yeah, how crazy would it be if ghana upset the whole cup?!?! i still have hopes for germany, though... as far as the "real football" comment... a game where you mostly CARRY the ball with your HANDS and wear pads should maybe be called, i dunno, rugby for wussies?!? imo, of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom