Would you drink your tank's water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
If you had a cup of your tank water. Would you feel safe doing it?

Personally I wouldn't knowing what my fish do in there and what I put in the tank every day. But what about other people?

For salties, would you use it as part of a soup?

I would out of my non-planted tanks... I don't know that I would want to drink water with ferts in it though... but I'm sure it wouldn't be harmful. IMO, its no different than drinking from a lake or river.

i would. ive drank lake water(accidentily)and thats gotta be dirtier than my aquarium water,and im fine.

I only have a salt tank, and I don't imagine it'd taste very nice. But if you mean water quality-wise, I suppose. Not unless it was like a bet or something, just on principle

I consider it my emergency stash. Where I live my tank water taste better than the well water around here. (We haul drinking water) I did drink it once as a dare. Other than seeing lines in my vision im good! JK (the lines in vision mean worms). There are streams here in the mountains that you can drink from. We still use filters on drinking water just for any bugs that might be in there. the Water that flows from around my home here in Wyoming people in vegas drink. Drink up! I only see cows,deer and other wild beast pee in it.

If I had to I would. FW that is. Otherwise, when water hits my mouth I react the same way I would if a roach had flown in my mouth.

No, simply because I wouldn't want to chance getting some sort of parasite. The water itself is fine, but there's a lot of particulates floating in it, including poop.

Back
Top Bottom