XBox 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone checked eBay? I checked last night just to "see" where they went and there were 16,612 listed. 8O One dude even has a pic of him displaying the unit in the box.

I won't even get into what the bids are like. It's just a sad commentary that people would grab em' for the sole purpose of limiting the supply and immediately gaining a profit from it.

Don't get me started. I talked to people in line for the release at Wal Mart at midnight and over half were not even interested in the system, they were either paid by someone else to stand in line or selling it on ebay for profit. There were actually 10 people in a row in line who were planning on selling on ebay, that's ridiculous.

Even worse are the people selling the boxes, email addresses, and preorder tickets online and making it look to the customer like it's an xbox. Plus the fake postings and bids---hmmmm the seller has 0 feedback, and the buyer has 0 feedback and I'm supposed to believe a bid of $15,000. A very sad commentary on our society. Considering within a month everyone that wants will probably be able to get one, have some patience and quite paying extortion fees.

Plus all the "bundles" everyone is selling. I've seen bundles from the places like Toys R Us and such that are $1000 with a savings of like $40. Yeah, good job limiting supply to increase demand. Even best buy isn't selling premium systems unless they're in bundles. A friend of mine said he stood next to a 12 year old boy in line who had saved his allowance and birthday money for over a year to buy the system. The kid waited 12 hours in line in the cold overnight and was 10th in line. Well they sold out of core systems before getting to him and had nothing but bundles of over $600 with tax. The kid only had $500 and so he and his parents walked away with nothing (although I probably would have kicked in the extra money if I was the parent). If that was my first experience with a launch of a system I would probably have never played anything but PC games.

I really don't care how they keep console prices down, all I know is the same video card can be had for $400 in a console as opposed to $1000+ PC.
This is true. But a console is usually sold for less than half of what it costs to make it. That new xbox probably costs a pretty penny to produce. They get their money back by selling $50 dollar games. The developers don't see much of that money either. Most of it goes to licensing costs to put out a game for a specific system. That's how M$ and Sony and everybody else make their money; by licensing out their SDK.

btw game prices are up... most games for the 360 are gonna be like $59. Like I said before, our $400 gpu's can be had for a lot less if we bought 1,000,000 at a time.

I'm not going to complain at all about the cost of the current systems and games. I remember buying the Nintendo 64. I know I spent $75 on whatever game I bought with it and it was $300 I think for that system. I don't think the SNES games and system was much less than that either. At the current rate of inflation, I'm ok with $400 and $59.

Eh, I remember the PS1 having serious overheating issues when it first released, the first set of next gen systems always have serious problems.

poppab02 said:
Eh, I remember the PS1 having serious overheating issues when it first released, the first set of next gen systems always have serious problems.
Yeah, Microsoft will fix all the bugs on this just like they did with Windows. Oh....wait a minute....

Seriously though, you'd think this would have been tested considering other companies have had issues with over heating before.

I just dont see waiting in line like that for a video game system, no matter how great the thing is. Everyone knew that it was going to be like that, why not wait a few weeks when the "mad dash" is over, go into walmart, best buy, circuit city, or any of the other stores, wander through, pick one up, or ask someone to get you one, walk up the register and pay for it with out having to fight hundreds of people for this "amazing new product" that more than likely the kid will play once or twice and then get bored with. Of course im the same way about the mad after thanksgiving day sales they have, i am not fighting that many people to save a few bucks, if i want the thing i can wait and pay full retail for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom