Yesssss!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toirtis

God of primitive fishes
I am completely giddy over my most recent acquisition, won on an eBay auction (for only $4...no idea how I got it that cheap)....a beautiful addition to my collection, in unbelievable condition (considering its age)...and check out the issue date....March 1935!!!

Attachments

• d7_1_b.jpeg
    d7_1_b.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 195
That is too cool. Would love to see the ads in that. I still have the very first TFH mag that I purchased. October 1963. Chrome tanks were in. LOL

What kind of collection is this? I take it you collect old aquarium publications? Can you describe what you have in your collection to date?

fishfreek said:
What kind of collection is this? I take it you collect old aquarium publications? Can you describe what you have in your collection to date?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know. That is a really neat find!

fishfreek said:

Old aquarium stuff in general. It would take me quite a while to list it all, although I might do so over coming weeks and post it, but it includes vintage tanks, filters (including some of the first HOB power filters), air-pumps, backgrounds, gravel, decorations, magazines, books, catalogues, etc....basically anything aquarium-related from prior to 1970.

Speaking of which...although not quite as vintage as most of what I collect, I am looking for (for sentimental reasons) a LongLife brand brine shrimp hatchery from circa 1975...photo below (from an auction I didn't win)...if anyone spots one, please let me know.

Attachments

• be_3.jpeg
    be_3.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 89
Wow! Congrats on the magazine! It is in excellent shape. I wonder if someone cleaned out their attic -- maybe they have more issues available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom