You know if you're a aquarium newbie if... (complete sentence)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice try lol

You put goldfish in with platys and a betta in a 10g that hasn't cycled

QuietPlotter said:
Nice try lol

You put goldfish in with platys and a betta in a 10g that hasn't cycled

I literally just overheard someone talking at the LFS about their 4 goldfish in a 5.5-- they bought some some shrimp and a Chinese algae eater...and were going to transfer it all over to a brand new 15g! Ack!

You aren't thinking and fill up your 15 gallon tank downstairs... And figure out you can't carry it.

If you buy an angelfish for a 15 gallon tank and then find out on aquarium advice that they will get almost a foot high...ack

If you grabbed a fish and rubbed it with your thumb to try and remove its ich.

My first day.

If you believe those tiny 1-3 gallon mini tanks are good for beginners and that all those fish on the box can go in there, with no heater! I just about murdered a friend when he put an Oscar in the one he got for Christmas last year. I talked him into at least a 10 gal for little Trogdor, and he's upgrading again as soon as he can, but I'm still mad.

my friend still thinks that fish only need to be fed once or twice every two months. I'm glad she no longer has fish

When u get a 55g with a broken center brace and think it will be ok to fill it up with water and when you do your tank bows out about 2.5 inches also u have two strong filters running let's just say that was one crazy day:)

lovemyreef said:
Your reading this thread thinking... I didn't know that.

Lol! :)

Got another one - when it takes you two years to figure out your syphon is "self-priming" . The guy at my first LFS showed me how to start it by sucking on the end-- I got a new one and actually read the instructions-- OMG! I like water changes much better now!

VioletEmber said:
Lol! :)

Got another one - when it takes you two years to figure out your syphon is "self-priming" . The guy at my first LFS showed me how to start it by sucking on the end-- I got a new one and actually read the instructions-- OMG! I like water changes much better now!

I miss my siphon with a hand pump, it worked great even in shallow water and small tanks. But the pump broke and now I've got a self priming one again. Must find another pump one! Also, when you do water changes with a cup instead of a siphon and bucket...

Back
Top Bottom