You might be a fish geek if . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crazyred said:
RoK said:
..you know who Cliff the pleco is

I believe that is JChillin's sailfin pleco....oh no, it's official I'm an AA geek. 8O

You might also be and AA geek if you know who Bob the pleco is. :lol:

There is no doubt at this point...LOL. I know who Bob is...that is Ashleynicole's recently pond introduced pleco. :D

...I wonder if that coffee table comes with a remote control holder???

. . .if you're already figuring out how you're gonna filter that thing, and have decided that you really didn't need the basement underneath it for anything else anyway . . .

. . . .which leads to the ultimate fish geek sign . . .

. . . the installation of your next tank requires consulting a contractor.

... You have not left your house on the weekend for over a year without visting the lfs

... Whenver you find yourself bored, you go to a lfs

... You have more fish than friends (prolly true for most people with an aquarium as my 10 gallon has 9 fish in it)

... you name every single fish in your tank. all of them. even the small ones that school together. somehow, you can tell them apart.

......you ask your little sister (who works at Petco) to call you ASAP whenever something goes on sale.

- you make kissy faces and noises at your fish.

- your hands are chapped from saltwater, but you don't use hand lotion just in case you have to "go back in"

- you can field strip any powerhead.

- you get up 30 minutes before everyone else just to have some alone time with the fish.

- you begin to correct the LFS when they are wrong.

- the LFS asks YOU for info and advice when you go in to shop.

- you have this thread bookmarked so you can read what everyone writes and then sit back and laugh because you know how true it is.

~You've seen donttaptheglass' feeding video and actually got jealous because you wanted to do that.

~You finally allow someone else to feed the fish and watch over them like a hawk.

~You'll clean the tank glass more often than your windows.

When you feed "We" opps did I say that? anyway when you feed you look at every fish to see if food goes in their mouth and feed until you see them eat..............

.....you wish the LFS would pay as much per hour as your current job, which you would quit in a heartbeat if the LFS did pay that well.

.....you can't stand to look at the tanks at your local Wal-Mart because you feel compelled to do SOMETHING and when you can't it bothers you for days.

.....you cringe and want to cry when some one you know, who has a tank, tells you stuff like "I finally managed to do a PWC and cleaning yesterday after several months" or "I finally got around to feeding my fish last night, boy it's been at least a week" ARRRGH

.....you purchased a current copy of Tropical Fish Hobbyist or another fish magazine at the LFS because, even though you have a subscription, you couldn't wait any longer for your to show up in the mail, and now you have two copies and you don't care

.....you go to so many fish forums you actually know one of the columinsts in Tropical Fish Hobbyist

.....you visit an International Aquascaping Contest website, see some tanks entered by someone locally that you don't know, and you email that total stranger out of blue, scaring them a little, just to discuss their planted tanks http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2005.cgi?&Scale=258&op=showpage&name=welcome ( I made a friend out of it, but i'm still yet to meet him)

. . . you're going out of town for three days, and instead of worrying about the wife and kids, you worry about which one of 'ems gonna feed the fish.

(Thanks JChillin . . . .you can still do a video, ya know!)

...you want someone to post the link to that fish feeding video, because you somehow missed it the first time around. LOL

Ok first off, is it really possible to have a finished tank? And about that Discovery channel Amazon special, what was the name again? As for the coffee table, I'm halfway there already. My coffee table already has a glass top, just need to stick a tank under it. Great idea!

...if you read this post gathering ideas for furthering your fishkeeping addiction.

That video was SWEET!!! Total hair band freak fromthe '80's here and I loved it.

.....if you're now plotting on how to make a video like that of your tank. LOL

... you go to walmart and buy every Beta to free them from their small prison.

.....you wish the LFS would pay as much per hour as your current job, which you would quit in a heartbeat if the LFS did pay that well.

... You quit your job to work at the lfs DESPITE the fact that they pay half what you make now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom