Your own fish store.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dubs1281

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I thought it would be cool to see what you would do if you had $5,000,000 to start a fish store. Obviously each store would be extravagant in its own way. Heres mine.

Name: Dubs's Aqua-shop

Departments:

Fresh water total cost: two million.

This will be the biggest and baddest anyone will ever see. Each fish will have a species only tank with its minimum tank requirement. For example, I would have a 55 gallon yellow lab tank, with about twenty fish, all juvenile of course. Breaking that down, I would have a beginner section, with people just getting into the hobby. This would house easy fish like swords, tetras, platies etc. Than an experienced section. This would home cichlids, discus, rams and so forth. And a pro section. These fish wont necessarily be hard to care for but become monsters. Like Oscars, arwonas, catfish, and things like piranhas. Then it would have great equipment and the newest gizmos. Tanks, besides tanks under 55gallons. Will not be on the shelves, or even in the store. If the customer is that serious he/she must first prove an understanding of the hobby and buy all necessary equipment first. Then, we would order a glass or acrylic tank, as asked for by the customer.

Saltwater department: 1.5 million.

This wont be nearly as large and the freshwater, because it is less common. But wont be anything to shake a stick at, the fish would be organized and labeled by difficulty as before. Each one gets its own minimum tank requirement. Fish would go from clowns and tangs, to stingrays, grouper, sharks, and even mermaids purses. Again the tank rule is in effect. But people who buy must first prove they have owned a flourishing tank before any saltwater is sold.

Miscellaneous animals: .5 million
This will be a small department with frogs, turtles, rabbits, chinchillas, chameleons and other cool land dwellers.

Employee cost. .75 million

Each and every employee will be well educated and trained, and must be an addicted aquatist. This will prevent bad info from getting to clueless beginners.

The last .25 million would go to an adoption area.

You could give back any animal that didn't work out in your home for free and we would give it a great home and help find it a new one.

I would love to hear all of your ideas.

Oh man, when in older, I want to open a freshwater shop, about the size of a petsmart with reptiles also, and I want the back to be a veterinary clinic
That would be my dream

Oh man, when in older, I want to open a freshwater shop, about the size of a petsmart with reptiles also, and I want the back to be a veterinary clinic
That would be my dream

I would love to own a fish store. But only if I win the lottery. I couldn't afford the risk of going big, because I would want to do it right. I love the vet idea though.

I thought it would be cool to see what you would do if you had $5,000,000 to start a fish store. Obviously each store would be extravagant in its own way. Heres mine.

Name: Dubs's Aqua-shop

Departments:

Fresh water total cost: two million.

This will be the biggest and baddest anyone will ever see. Each fish will have a species only tank with its minimum tank requirement. For example, I would have a 55 gallon yellow lab tank, with about twenty fish, all juvenile of course. Breaking that down, I would have a beginner section, with people just getting into the hobby. This would house easy fish like swords, tetras, platies etc. Than an experienced section. This would home cichlids, discus, rams and so forth. And a pro section. These fish wont necessarily be hard to care for but become monsters. Like Oscars, arwonas, catfish, and things like piranhas. Then it would have great equipment and the newest gizmos. Tanks, besides tanks under 55gallons. Will not be on the shelves, or even in the store. If the customer is that serious he/she must first prove an understanding of the hobby and buy all necessary equipment first. Then, we would order a glass or acrylic tank, as asked for by the customer.

Saltwater department: 1.5 million.

This wont be nearly as large and the freshwater, because it is less common. But wont be anything to shake a stick at, the fish would be organized and labeled by difficulty as before. Each one gets its own minimum tank requirement. Fish would go from clowns and tangs, to stingrays, grouper, sharks, and even mermaids purses. Again the tank rule is in effect. But people who buy must first prove they have owned a flourishing tank before any saltwater is sold.

Miscellaneous animals: .5 million
This will be a small department with frogs, turtles, rabbits, chinchillas, chameleons and other cool land dwellers.

Employee cost. .75 million

Each and every employee will be well educated and trained, and must be an addicted aquatist. This will prevent bad info from getting to clueless beginners.

The last .25 million would go to an adoption area.

You could give back any animal that didn't work out in your home for free and we would give it a great home and help find it a new one.

I would love to hear all of your ideas.

That'd basically be an aquarium lol love it.

I'd want a store that sells freshwater fish and have a section dedicated to each group of fish and have an expert on that type of fish in each section. I'd also have some plants for new and advanced fish keepers.

Back
Top Bottom