0.1g Planted Pico Cube - Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll have to see what my LFS is stocking these days. I haven't been there in some time, with recent low funds I didn't need the added temptation.

Although, I might get them from Invertebrates by Msjinkzd | Specializing in invertebrates and micro fish from around the world.. It's run by Rachael O'Leary in PA, which isn't too far from me. So I might make the drive out there to get the shrimp from her instead of my FLS, since she has more variety and her prices are lower. (She'll be speaking at the AGA Convention this year too, which I'm excited for :D)

What kind of shrimp would you go with?

I've ordered all of my shrimp online (y) Shrimp USA also has a nice variety and shipping isn't too terribly expensive.

I would definitely get some sort of neo....what color is your substrate?

Following this!! Looks like it's gonna turn out really cool.
Wouldn't the water get stagnant without a filter or you'd have to change the water every day?

I love my fish!!!

I've ordered all of my shrimp online (y) Shrimp USA also has a nice variety and shipping isn't too terribly expensive.

I was looking at that site. Did you order your shrimp from them?

I'll be using ADA Aquasoil (Amazonia/Normal Type), since the bag is already open, but I do have an unopened bag of Red Sea Flora Base that I'm considering using instead.

Attachments

• ada-aqua-soil-amazonia-3-l.jpg
    ada-aqua-soil-amazonia-3-l.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 108
  • flora-base325.jpg
    flora-base325.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 107
Following this!! Looks like it's gonna turn out really cool.
Wouldn't the water get stagnant without a filter or you'd have to change the water every day?

I love my fish!!!

Thanks for following! My plan is to perform weekly water changes of about 1/3 to avoid exactly that.

I was looking at that site. Did you order your shrimp from them?

I'll be using ADA Aquasoil (Amazonia/Normal Type), since the bag is already open, but I do have an unopened bag of Red Sea Flora Base that I'm considering using instead.

I've ordered shrimp from them, Bob's Tropical Plants, and CFL Aquatics. With either of those substrates I think cherries, yellows, or oranges would look good.

Wow. Their Tangerine Tigers are gorgeous!

Attachments

• Tangerine-Tiger.jpg
    Tangerine-Tiger.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 116
The thought did cross my mind. I saw a similar build, but with the Marina Cubus. The guy used the Elite Mini Filter, which fit quite nicely. I think I'm not going use a filter though, since I'm going for a minimalist/rimless look and I don't mind doing water changes on this tank for filtration, since it's so tiny.

just an idea, any way rcs are great, and will make the tank look better adding some red, and they are very inexpensive

just an idea, any way rcs are great, and will make the tank look better adding some red, and they are very inexpensive

I think I am leaning towards RCS, but I also don't want to limit myself from other species or I could go super cheap and stock it with ghost shrimp lol.

I think I am leaning towards RCS, but I also don't want to limit myself from other species or I could go super cheap and stock it with ghost shrimp lol.

petco has a few different types, like bumble bee and these others id look online there or your lfs

petco has a few different types, like bumble bee and these others id look online there or your lfs

Personally, I don't buy fish from Petco, not anymore at least. The ones in my area really slack on their husbandry and the fish/inverts I did buy from them did not live long. Although I did "adopt" a 12" Albino Oscar from a Petco back when I had my 50g and he lasted a while, but other than him, I've regretted purchasing fish from them.

When I go to buy plants for the pico (hopefully this week/weekend) I'll see what they have. Last time I went they had some nice CRS and Rilis.

Personally, I don't buy fish from Petco, not anymore at least. The ones in my area really slack on their husbandry and the fish/inverts I did buy from them did not live long. Although I did "adopt" a 12" Albino Oscar from a Petco back when I had my 50g and he lasted a while, but other than him, I've regretted purchasing fish from them.

When I go to buy plants for the pico (hopefully this week/weekend) I'll see what they have. Last time I went they had some nice CRS and Rilis.

yea me neiter, just wasen't sure, ive never bought a fish from petco, and tho only ones ive got from petsmart were on sale, but i gladly buy tanks, food and equetment.

yea me neiter, just wasen't sure, ive never bought a fish from petco, and tho only ones ive got from petsmart were on sale, but i gladly buy tanks, food and equetment.

Exactly, I only buy things like that from them as well. Last year they had a great sale and my wife got me a Fluval Spec for like $30 as an anniversary gift :D

Exactly, I only buy things like that from them as well. Last year they had a great sale and my wife got me a Fluval Spec for like $30 as an anniversary gift :D
wow, im surprised, it's cool that your wife got you something that your relay into

Back
Top Bottom