1 Pint nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GlitcH

Aquarium Advice FINatic
K.......so I been wanting to through together a nano for my desk.

So I picked up one of these from bigals and I like it but the light is beyond crap. So I looked around and found this and I have to say that I like it alot.
I took some substrate and water from my 29G. Threw in some rock and driftwood.....topped it off with some plant clippings from my shrimp tank and tada.

Oh ya I also tossed in two guppies two shrimp and a few snails.
It's been set up now for just about 2 weeks.
No filtration heat or ferts.....just light and excel.
nano0.jpg

nano1.jpg

I think I see red!
nano2.jpg

nano3.jpg

lol, everybodys doin it! lol, ever since Saphrion made his and his friend, even i have been looking for something to do one in!lol

dapellegrini said:
Now that I think about it... How do you think this is going to hold up with no filtration? I was looking at a BiOrb: http://www.biorb.com/ and this would be a great replacement light.

I am guessing.....let me stress that....GUESSING.......because it's so small the plants should be able to handle the filtration.
As long as I keep up the water changes....which btw consist of about a full turkey baster's worth of water.
And the new water comes from my shrimp tank after I've done a PWC on that.

Thanks Cayse,
Ya .....they are the smallest fish I have........the idea is to let them mate and then take them out.....leaving some fry. The only reason I want fish in this at all is cuz I know I will have an ostracod epidemic if I don't.

Sweet bowl. I think just keeping shrimp will make it look more like 2gals than a pint, fwiw.

Back
Top Bottom