10 gallon low-light with dirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just thinking that after I posted it! Sorry!
The good thing is: it's a beautiful braced tank! ;)

It is a very nice tank and I am a bit jealous. It looks really good. Nice work.

Thanks!
I'm nervous. I'm not at my apartment until tomorrow night and I'm scared the light is gonna fall in or something, lol

Did a little remodeling of the apartment and moved the tank into my bedroom with my dart frog tank. Now, I can lay on my bed and look at my fish. Also removed an eyesore of a stand from the living room. Feels like I'm living in a zoo exhibit. In the second picture you'll notice two deli cups on the top left of my desk; those are fruit fly cultures. I'm living amongst animals! Ha.

img_1252764_0_4fb61a1675bcd621489820289c50f48a.jpg

...the dart tank...

img_1252764_1_db8b7752e7011dc75bd5243d09ae8cc0.jpg

I put an ad on CL for a wrought iron stand...can't bear to look at this thing anymore. Also, the floors are unlevel in this apartment building because it's so old. This stand I have now is too hard to get level. Need to get a stable stand asap before a tank bust.

Yeah, our apartment is relatively big for a two bedroom. Our living room is a great size.

PS, there isn't normally a lamp in the middle of my floor, nor is my room ever that messy.

What's relatively big in NY? I've heard that apartments up there are tiny compared to down around here. Typical 2 bedroom apartments here are 850-1100 sq ft. Yours does look nice though :)

Im looking forward to seeing a 100+ gallon build from you. When's that going to happen?

Messy? I didn't see any...don't worry about that...you are a very hardworking student who has a job and fish keeping as a hobby...:)

EDIT: P.S. and dirt master too...

I actually don't know what the sq. ft. of my apartment is. I'll take out the lease tomorrow and let you know.

I'm looking forward to the same! It'll happen when I have enough money! But, I am going to start hunting craigslist. Another reason why I've been reluctant to start up a big tank is because I may have to live at home (parents home, me and my bro. live together) this summer for work, and I want to take my tanks with me.

**Edit**I'm no dirt master! Lol, I'm so new to it! I'm so angry I worked 19 hours this weekend. I'm about to curse up the walls at how much work I have to do. I should get off AA, this dang site is too addicting.

LOL...+1 on this site being so addicting....i can't even go to bed if I can't go open my laptop and check what is going on here....relatively addicting with the hobby...:-D

Just a little update. Have done a PWC a day since Sunday evening. The dirt is still tinging my water a bit. It's getting better day by day, though. I removed the Vals since they were decaying, so hopefully that will fix my ammonia issues. Still awaiting my plant order from SweetAquatics.

img_1256048_0_8a23329c9fb064547e8ed579a8acf43c.jpg

img_1256048_1_8af155cd2e4edfe181984f7d34876039.jpg

img_1256048_2_ab8b38eddaa47a2ed0f71166a33413be.jpg

Back
Top Bottom