10g Painted Fire Red Shrimp tank Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanTheGuppyMan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Probably a little late starting this thread, just wanted to get a thread going for each of my tanks. This is my Painted Fire Red shrimp tank, just planted and stocked with about 8 juvie PFR's about 3 weeks ago. Used mostly the plants from my other tanks to plant it. Hopefully the shrimp will start breeding soon!!

ibrX0EC5g7DJFJ.jpeg

It is using ADA AquaSoil Amazonia powder type as the substrate, filter is a fluval 106 (soon to be AC20), and the lighting is a 48" Current TrueLumen Pro LED strip from my 60g (I have 2 10g's side by side, so the 48" strip is on both of them) plus this tank has a Beamswork Power 400 LED I won from a YouTube contest and from DjBootleg here on AA. I have a ton of plant species in here, I will have to go get the list and type it up lol. So yeah, my shrimp tank everyone lol.

Wow looks really good. Are you injecting co2?

Thanks man..nah, no CO2. Although I should, I have a 2 way manifold for when I flood the 6g, wouldnt be a bad idea to use it on this tank for now huh? Might do that. I have a spare diffuser. but it has been doing fine with Excel daily, so im good haha. Although I have been seeing a tad bit of hair algae, probably due to the lighting...how can I get rid of it?

Well your plants look so good that i thought you were supplementing co2. Co2, from what i gather, is actually not preferred in shrimp tanks. You'll have a higher survival rate from your shrimp and their offspring w/out it.

Well your plants look so good that i thought you were supplementing co2. Co2, from what i gather, is actually not preferred in shrimp tanks. You'll have a higher survival rate from your shrimp and their offspring w/out it.

Well thank ya haha. Yeah, I was thinking that about how CO2 would not be good in a shrimp tank. I guess I was right. Well good then I didn't add it :) I will try to get some pics of the shrimp now...

Following as well. How do you like the Beamswork LED so far? I have seen it on I think AquaTraders but have not seen too many reviews on them. Btw tank looks awesome.

Well, the one i have isnt really capable of growing any plants well, maybe the lowest of light plants in this 10g buts thats it. i am just using it for the extra brightness and moonlights the truelumen's dont have lol.

Here are some shrimp pics - sorry i took them with my iphone so not the best quality...

i8ysmq0ezgPrW.jpeg

iL8yHCtlYlH7r.jpeg

i4Kv5tQPCqXl1.jpeg

iRxuZB8Ki0CNU.jpeg

igs9ijCufGmAE.jpeg

iHg0YYYSw7yxQ.jpeg

ibuqRia2ZpNQR8.jpeg

they are still small, so not all the way colored up yet, them being the highest grade of the red cherry shrimp species they get the darkest red...they are about 1/4" long atm.

Edit - sorry they are all sideways :( I am uploading a video on some of them swimming around :D

Beautiful shrimp! With shrimp, they are usually either Cardina or Neocardina, correct?

Back
Top Bottom