Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-05-2017, 01:45 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

@CoreySheli thank I am positive I will need some luck along the way.

This evening I did a lot looking at the both of my tanks to see what I needed to do and saw what I think to be nematodes. I really hope it isn't as I know some can be parasitic. Can anyone help me identify these things and come up with a solution if I need to get rid of them? They are in the water column along with being in the sand. Let me know if I need to do any cropping of the photos for a closer look. Also I have never put any food in the 10 gallon only Dr Tim's Ammonium Chloride and Seachem Safe. Do totally lost on this and the more I read the more confused I get

Pics from the 10 gallon

Pics of the same creatures in my 29 gallon

Old 08-07-2017, 10:22 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice Freak

Any ideas on what these lil creatures might be?

Old 08-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfhrtn View Post
Any ideas on what these lil creatures might be?

Do they look like this?
If so, most likely they are Rhabdoceola. Harmless flatworm. Not to be confused with planaria (these have a characteristic triangle shaped head).
Old 08-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice Freak

They are almost round and about the size of sewing thread. Maybe they aren't mature enough to be flat yet? Looks like the fish have kept them in check in my 29 but don't have any fish in my 10 and haven't put any food in here since the beginning. I'm thinking maybe they came in on those Temple plants
Old 08-09-2017, 02:13 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Freak

So this evening I did a massive 95+% water change. Before the water change I unplugged the filter dosed the tank with 12oz of hydrogen peroxide roughly about 1-1.2oz per gallon to see if I could treat these pesky little creatures. Unplugged the filter so the hydrogen peroxide wouldn't get into the filter where the bacteria is beginning to grow. I then let it sit for 15-20min and proceeded to do the water change after. Hoping this will help treat them so they won't be floating around in the tank. Good news is that they have almost been eradicated in the 29 gallon by the fish I believe.

Pics of the change and refill

Drain

Refill

Old 08-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Freak

Did another treatment of hydrogen peroxide last night, waited an hour, then did a 95% water change. Good news is I haven't seen any of the little white creatures since last night. Made sure to unplug the filter before adding hydrogen peroxide though. Hopefully this is almost the end of the little white creatures. I really think they came in on the temple plants

Tags
build, journal, plant, planted, planted tank, tan, tank, tank build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com