10G Planted Tank Lighting....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
those dont work :cry: but if they would this would help me a LOT as im just setting up my frist planted- a 10gall

They worked fine for me when I cut and pasted into the browser (just the part in the middle between the two sets of brackets)

I just put the first bulb into a fixture over a two gallon the other day. :oops: We'll see what happens. Would you be using two of them over a ten gallon? I guess even just one would be more light than the typical 18 inch fluorescent tube, although I'm not sure how many lumens the typical one has.

If I were to redo the lighting over either of my 10 gallons I'd be making some fixtures for bulbs such as these so I can't really suggest anything different. :)

If you're going to use screw in CF's, I would go with the 25W Lights of America bulbs you posted in the link above. Those are the bulbs Walmart stocks and they make for some nice, cheap, high quality lighting.

Knowing LWB, I'm pretty sure a pressurized sysytem is already in the works...

Thanks for the info LWB. I figured it out and from the first link you posted, if I used one bulb over a 10 gallon tank for 12 hours/day, I would have enough lightbulbs (because they are sold by the case) to last me over 65 years!!! LOL Great stuff LOL.

Why don't you think they will work Blazeyreef? I am guessing they do since other people say they have had success with them.

Anyone build their own lighting for a 10 gallon? How?

bs6749 said:
Why don't you think they will work Blazeyreef? I am guessing they do since other people say they have had success with them.

My guess is that Blazeyreef has a Flourescent Fixture which wouldn't work with those bulbs. Fortunately the Incadescent Fixtures are pretty inexpensive for those that want to go with that type of lighting.

So, any online sources that don't require you to buy by the case? :? The Walmart nearest me has no non-spiral type screw-in miniCF's. I ended up ordering Coralife Colormax bulbs from Drs. Foster & Smith, but they are only 10W, and they're awfully pink...they don't say what Kelvin rating they are, although they claim to be good for FW planted tanks.

LWB - thanks for posting this - I've gone to 3 WalMarts and haven't been able to find these lights , now I can order them :)

Are you sure you have to order them by the case? It has both the prices for the case, as well as individual bulbs....

Lonewolfblue said:
Are you sure you have to order them by the case? It has both the prices for the case, as well as individual bulbs....
yes im currious to, cause their is no way im paying $200 for a case when I can pay $6 for one...and see how I like it :?

majolo said:
Well, the links you gave said:
Sold in case lots only
And it says enter number of cases to purchase. They seem to be a distributor, not a retailer. Have you bought from them?
hey fellow minnesotan... did you notice they are in Minnetonka? maybe we could go to there store...according to map quest they are like a 20 min drive from where i work :? maybe they have an actually store can you can buy them by the bulb there...

EDIT:
i think saturday i will try to find if they have an actual store.... maybe if someone is interested.... pm me... maybe i can send some to you without having ordering a case :?

joannde said:
Yeah, I figured that out later - here's where you can buy them in packs of 2 - I went to the Lights of America website where they listed two retailers to sell to us "little people" LOL

http://www.esplighting.com/bulbs.html

i do not know if anyone else has ordered from this place, but i did there customer service sucked, i ordered priority mail... it took a week to get the bulbs. they did not respond to my 2 emails, and when i called i was put on hold for 15 min and then when the guy finally took me off hold he acted like i was wasting his time even bothering to call :?

just my experience though

oops - I just ordered both the 15W and 20W from them - Priority mail. I'll let you know what my experience is

Back
Top Bottom